[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Atheists on this board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
I am surprised at how much atheists here misrepresent Christianity. It's obvious that we have been raided by Reddit atheists and weebs from the other boards.

I see tons of debunked memes and people who only scratch the surface of Christian theology and perpetuate old arguments against Christianity.

But really I blame the Roman Catholics and mainstream Protestants who fail to address anything consistently. They bend Christianity to please guys like you and it falls apart and are then disappointed that you guys don't like what they have done to Christianity.

Seriously advise you guys to look up Reformed theology instead of wasting time with these lousy Romanist shitposters (Romanist = Roman Catholics) who will post their church fathers to sound smart or those Protestants who don't know the first thing about Calvinism dismiss it because they are retarded.
>>
>>429047
bump
>>
>>429047
Calvinism is the idea that there is no free will and the whole human race are just puppets on a string for God and that God has predestined newborn babies to go to hell by deciding they will not accept the religion. It's the idea that all other religions are secret Satan in disguise.

It's one of the most retarded theological positions.
>>
>>429062
Yeah, it and its extreme opposite, pelagianism, were debunked centuries ago
>>
>>429047
>Reformed theology
>muh sola scriptura
>conveniently avoid certain parts of it to keep your doctrine intact
You appear to speak from a high moral position. Take a step away and see if you, perhaps, perpetuate the problem you rail against.
>>
>>429136
How does one 'debunk' a form of faith?
>>
Reformed theology is cancer. Good thing none of the Church Fathers are Reformed or Christianity is fucked
>>
>>429047
>Reddit atheists
you can spot those fedora tippers from a mile away, they're as bad as christfags like you
>weebs from the other boards
who did you expect to find on /his/ other than redditors and crossies it's like 2 weeks old
most of the /pol/fags are christfags too anyway
>>
>>429047
Not an armed anabaptist? Not Christian.

OMNIA SUNT COMMUNIA
>>
>>429047
I've never personally misrepresented anyone. If your faith satisfies you, then good for you. I on the other hand don't want anything to do with it. If that by your criteria makes me a so called "Redsit atheist," then so be it.
>>
File: byhOJG5.jpg (51 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
byhOJG5.jpg
51 KB, 700x394
>>429047
>Reformed theology
>we the "Elect" are special snowflakes
>>
>>429047
>I am surprised at how much Christians here misrepresent Atheism. It's obvious that we have been raided by Reddit Christians and stormfags from the other boards.
>I see tons of debunked memes and people who only scratch the surface of athiest thinking and perpetuate old arguments against Atheism.
>>
FSM is just as valid as God.
>>
>It's obvious that we have been raided by Reddit atheists and weebs from the other boards.

Muh conspiracy. It's not like 4chan users can be atheists.
>>
>>429612
>muh conspiracy
Go back to reddit
>>
File: 1443540803285.jpg (75 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
1443540803285.jpg
75 KB, 850x400
>>429047
Preach.
>>
File: Reformation Wall.jpg (306 KB, 1582x1055) Image search: [Google]
Reformation Wall.jpg
306 KB, 1582x1055
http://www.ccel.org/ccel/calvin/institutes.ii.viii.html
>>
>>429291
As in it doesnt follow the book the religion is based on
>>
>>429505
>reddit christians
Doesnt work, pal
>>
>>429873
To be fair, accusations of anti-semitism can be justifiably levelled against pretty much any Christian Denomation.
>>
>>429047

And I'm surprised at how much Christians here misrepresent Judaism.

Oh wait, I'm not; if they didn't, they wouldn't have a theological leg to stand on.
>>
>>429062
It's the only one that makes sense with an omnipotent and omniscient god. If from the moment he creates you he knows exactly what your fate is going to be then he designed you and the circumstances around you to play out that way. If at any point he's unsure of your fate he's not omniscient anymore.
>>
>>430309

>Doesn't understand the meaning of the Tetragrammaton.

Top pleb.
>>
>>430330
You gonna explain or what
>>
>>430309
Not in the context of Christian theology because,
a)It claims that this god is loving yet gives its own creation no individuality or autonomy whatsoever. He controls them like some psychotic yandere

b)This god have to beat his own son who is also god up all because he played with his puppets and his puppets which he controlled did something he don't like

c)Basically makes Satan do all the things he deemed as evil effectively making him the source of all evil.

Now, do you go full on mind control on your children because you love them?

Do you beat your wife up over some screw up you did wrong?

Do you intentionally create danger for your children and intentionally put that danger in the way of your own children?

This is why Calvinism is shite.

A deistic God who controls me as a puppet, fine, he doesn't claim to be loving or anything anyways. A Calvinistic god that goes full psychopath and yet says he loves me. Give me a fucking break!
>>
>>430350

Look up the Hebrew words for "Was", "Is" and "Will be", then look up the Hebrew construction of the Tetragrammaton; you'll see that it's formed by taking letters of each and melding them together.

Jehovah or YHWH, whatever your preferred Anglicization, quite literally means, as a word, "WasIsWillbe" and implies a transcendence over time; that's why you see verb tense switching for the Tetragrammaton but not for the other divine names.

Nonlinear processing of time can be simultaneously omniscient and non-interfering, which breaks the predestination paradox.
>>
>>430358
Seems to me that still doesn't solve the problem of free will and an omniscient deity. I mean I would agree, such a god wouldn't be loving or has a completely different interpretation of what love means but the problem still remains.
>>
>>430377
Correct but such theology violates the God of Christianity and its very own claims about God himself which is my point.

This is precisely why the more reasonable non Calvinists struggled to reconcile omniscience and free will.
>>
>>430384
The Muslims went the reverse direction. They have cannonized determinism. They way they got it is they say it as a conclict between God's power and his mercy or love.

By saying God does not control everyone's actions at all time they were saying their God was less than all powerful. But by saying he would force people to do terrible things int interferes with his mercy. They tried to justify their choice by saying that everything happens for a reason, so if a bad person succeeds God is just setting them for a more spectacular fall. They also explain the death of of the innocents by saying such people would have accumulated enough sins in their life if they were allowed to live so they would be worst off than if they died earlier.

Overall it allows the Muslims to do incredibly inhuman things because they can justify the whole thing by saying it's predestined.
>>
>>430405
Holy shit....this sounds like the Calvinist justification for evangelizing people!
>>
>>429857
Go back to Answers in Genesis, faggot.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.