[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, what books you read For me, today, had nothing to do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Hello, what books you read

For me, today, had nothing to do

-Euclid's Elements
-J.S. Mill's Principles of Political Economy
-Homer's Iliad
-Plato's Republic
-Darwin's Origin of Species

Discuss/post what you read.
>>
Currently reading the Guns of August, and that's pretty much it really.
>>
>>428110
Do you mean read/reading today, or lately, or in general?
>>
>>428177
Whatever, nothing too specific. This was what I read today.

>>428168
Ah world war I, very cool. Did you enjoy this book?
>>
>>428193
You read five books in one day?

Even reading segments of five books in one day is uh.. unbelievable.
>>
I'm reading Dostoevsky's Demons, the last of his four major novels that I haven't read.
>>
HG Wells, A Modern Utopia
>>
>>428110
Reflections on the Revolution in France
>>
>>428203
I read a chapter/book from every novel there typically.

A couple propositions from Euclid these days.
>>
>>428241

Why not just go through one book at a time?
>>
>>428271
Not OP, but I do the same thing. I get bored with one book, which is bad, but I just have this hunger to know everything. So it helps satiate it.
>>
>>428271
Except in the case of Iliad, which is a monotonous read in itself, the books are non-fiction, which means I like a little variety in the subject matter.

I typically read 5-20 pages of each book
>>
Undoing the Demos by Wendy Brown was the most recent one

Her works are always super marxist, but it's nice to know what the left is thinking about in regards to globalization.
>>
>>428282
>>428286

I see. I would be a little worried about trying that myself just because I would forget things or lose track of tone.
>>
Studying law so massive tomes about law. It's taking up all my willpower to read
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.