[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can some ww2 fags tell me about hitlers peace offering to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1448045844942.jpg (48 KB, 500x605) Image search: [Google]
1448045844942.jpg
48 KB, 500x605
can some ww2 fags tell me about hitlers peace offering to the allied powers? Why were they turned down?
>>
peace for the polish problem, that is
>>
>>426048
>>426055

Because he had broken a number of other treaties, most notably the Anglo-German naval treaty as well as the Munich treaty, and there was 0 faith that Hitler would keep his word once it became disadvantageous for him to break it.
>>
>>426048
Hitler broke several treaties, and why should the Europeans have thus continued a diplomatic course that was obviously unfavorable in strategic terms for the "liberal" powers of Europe?
>>
It's pretty obvious to anyone with more than a pea sized brain that Hitler didn't want peace. He was just using peace as a tool to get more land, to get more concessions from the Allies.
>>
>>426063
>>426075
what did his solutions specifically offer?
>>
>>426048

Cause irl is not a videogame where you can get enough war score to force your enemy to accept your peace terms when suits you.
>>
Because there was no chance of Soviets make peace with Hitler, and separate Peace of UK/US with Germany meant Soviets would stop at Rhine not at Elbe.
>>
>>426088
muh eu boogey man
>>
>>426085
It's doesn't matter. There was 0 reason for France and the U.K. To ever believe anything see fuhrer said after the Munich debacle. The nazis offered the "give us land and we won't ask for more in the future" deal, which is exactly what they had just scrapped after Munich.
>>
>>426111
it does matter, i want to know.
>>
>>426119
I just explained the deal details. He wanted certain polish land in return for dropping all claims to further European land. You know, the same claims he had already dropped at Munich then violated at first Vienna. Even if you're an unreformed naziboo, hitlers diplomacy post Munich was a shitty joke at best
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.