[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
catholicism vs protestantism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 38
If you can convince me Protestantism is wrong, i'll convert.
>>
>>425986
>Catholic
>1054
Fixed
>>
>>426008
explain
>>
>>426027
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East%E2%80%93West_Schism
>>
>Catholic
>1965
>>
>>425986
>Convince
>No details to work with
ok
>>
>>426008
This.
>>
>>426039
>>426037
>>426008
>Who is Ignatius of Antioch?

The term had been used since the beginning of the 2nd century.

Conciliarists plz go
>>
>No Nestorians
>No Copts
>No Syrian Churches
>No Other Oriental Orthodox Churches
>No Eastern Orthodox
>No Calvinists
>Mormonism is Christianity now
I bet American made this image.
>>
>>426080
Syrian and Coptic and other Orthodox Christians are basically Catholics anyway.
>>
>>426104
Copts and Armenians are miaphisites, they refuse to accept Council of Chalcedon of 451 with its teaching about two natures in Christs. They branched out in 5th century and considered heretics by Catholics and Eastern Orthodox since then. Syrian/Nestorian are Diaphisites and refuse to accept Council of Ephesus and it's teaching about one nature in Christ. They too branched out in 5th century and considered heretics by Catholics and Eastern Orthodox since then. From doctrinal point of view they are further away from Catholics than Lutherans.
>>
>>425986
You are all wrong. There is no evidence for celestial magical overlords.
>>
>>426080
On top of that the pic uses the Pantokrator icon from St Catherine's Monastery, in custody of the Greek Orthodox Church of Sinai
>>
>>426141
Fine, let's find out which religion is closer to the theology of the bible then. You game now?
>>
>>425986
>worshipping a dead slag and an old guy in a funny hat
>not worshipping the holy trinity exclusively

popists OUT
>>
>>426156
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>426141
Jesus existed though
>>
>>426122
At least they understand apostolic succession, right?
>>
>>426151
Thats a wrongheaded way of looking at it too b/c only protestants look at it in a sola scriptura way. Catholicism is not a religion of the book, it is a religion of the word of God which expands farther than just textual concerns.
>>
>>425986

Protestantism is full of heresy:

>Denying Christ (through the Eucharist)
>Denying the Holy Bible (by denying the deuterocanonical books, Luther calling for the burning of the Epistle of James)
>Denying the teaching of the Apostles (rejecting Tradition)
>Denying the communion of Saints
>Denying purgatory and praying for the dead
>Demonizing Mary
>Desecrating effigies of God, Jesus, Mary, Saints, and destroying biblical depictions and crucifixes
>The rapture
>Creationism
>The Earth is 6000 years old
>Anti-science
>Prosperity gospel
>Usury is OKay!
>Once saved, always saved
>Just need to say you're Christian/believe in Jesus to be saved
>Predestination (born with a silver spoon and golden crucifix going to heaven or born poor and going to hell)
>Jews are God's chosen people (free from any blemishes and we all must be subservient to them and Israel)
>Schism is actively encouraged and readily practiced
>Rejection of all theology in favor of a shallow believe whatever you want to believe nonsense
>Personal relationship with Jesus trumps all (including the bible and church) telling you everything you need to know so don't ask them preachers questions
>"Born again" virgins
>"Call no one father"
>Completely reject Jesus' incredibly clear teachings on marriage and divorce (see Matthew 19:1-12) by allowing anyone to marry and divorce
>Rejecting the millennia-old Christian teachings on abortion
>Rejecting God's plan of female mothers giving birth to human life and male priests giving birth to spiritual life (through mass and the sacraments)
>Denying any and all sacraments
>Denying the Divinity of Christ and Trinity
>Denying apostolic succession and allowing uneducated laity to preach (universal priesthood of all believers)
>Speaking gibberish and calling it tongues
>In league with the devil by wanting to rebuild a third temple for the Jews so they can bring about the end of the world and all its sufferings asap
>Referring to God or Jesus as female
>>
File: evidence vs hype.png (82 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
evidence vs hype.png
82 KB, 500x475
>>426141
>Deny everything
>Insult it childishly

Oh wow, you're like so smart and enlightened dude!
>>
>>426122
>From doctrinal point of view they are further away from Catholics than Lutherans
How?
>>
>>426311

>evidence you're wrong

Go ahead, I'm waiting
>>
>>426481
Miracles
>>
>tfw your church is only 55 years old
fucking unitarian universalists
>>
File: 4e3.jpg (22 KB, 413x449) Image search: [Google]
4e3.jpg
22 KB, 413x449
>>426104
>Syrian and Coptic and other Orthodox Christians are basically Catholics anyway
>>
File: 1450148314278.jpg (129 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
1450148314278.jpg
129 KB, 1124x1024
>>426626
Protestants point to the Orthodox to undermine the Catholic claim they were the only form of Christianity until Luther, then reject Orthodoxy on the same bases they reject Catholicism.
>>
>>426290
>Demonizing Mary
>Desecrating effigies of God, Jesus, Mary, Saints, and destroying biblical depictions and crucifixes
>"Call no one father"
>Referring to God or Jesus as female
[citation needed]
>>
>>426476
Lutherans and most of Protestants accept both Council of Chalcedon and Council of Ephesus, and agree with dual-yet-unified nature of Christ:
>He possesses the perfect Godhead and the perfect manhood. His fully divine nature is united with His fully human nature yet without mixing, blending or alteration
The issue was the big one in the 5-7th centuries, in some sense it allowed Muslims to conquer Egypt and Syria without serious resistance from locals, who viewed them as lesser evil than heretics in Constantinople.
>>
>>426590
Magnets, how do they work?
>>
File: protestants.png (941 KB, 681x866) Image search: [Google]
protestants.png
941 KB, 681x866
>>426643
>>Referring to God or Jesus as female

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/581165/Women-Priests-Church-of-England-call-God-She
>>
>>426643
>Baptist call their pastors/priests brother thinks Catholics are heretics for calling their Priests and spiritual leaders "Father"
>thinks catholics are heretics and don't preach from the bible but instead rehash the same ritual every sunday
>>
The Catholic church completely and irreversibly corrupted the words of Jesus.
>>
File: 5vt5s0.gif (753 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
5vt5s0.gif
753 KB, 320x240
>>426008
/thread

>>426027
>/his
>doesn't know basic history, got to /pol m8
>>
>>426660
Unsurprisingly, it was the heretical protestants that brought decadence and degeneracy first into the western world
>>
>>426008
>implying the Great Schism was a single event that spawned a new faith
>implying that it wasn't a gradual alienation between the Latin and Orthodox churches
>
>>
>>426795
>implying that it wasn't a gradual alienation between the Latin and Orthodox churches
latin church was not the true christian church after it became clear that the bishop of rome was incorporating pagan heretical beliefs into christianity (mother marry cultism, most dominant trait of catholicism today) in order to gain influence in the barbarian enemies of Rome (Goths etc.). This was considered extremly treasonous, by the Roman Emperor aswell as the Roman Church itself with the center in Constantinople since Rome was sacked and made non-roman by the Goths. Having a "christian" bishop that actively supports the Goths by intermingling their filthy pagan shit into the orthodox pure christianity in order to stay in power. The then Bishops of Rome ("Popes") were/are considered the ultimate quislings of Roman Europe.
>>
File: jesus_painting_1024x768.jpg (651 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
jesus_painting_1024x768.jpg
651 KB, 1024x768
>>426883
>The then Bishops of Rome ("Popes") were/are considered the ultimate quislings of Roman Europe.
and with Vatican II, this is what they still believe today.
>>
>>426883
all that happened in 1054?
>>
>>425986
>If you can convince me Protestantism is wrong, i'll convert.
Why would you convert to a belief you've been convinced is wrong?
>>
>>427102
I don't know.
I heard we pull scriptures out just as much as catholic's and I heard somewhere the don't follow somewhere that said the pope will lead on after Jesus leaves.

I got it from this debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=551qvxxFInQ

I just want to make sure I am following the lord in the way he intended.
>>
>>426795
Don't forget >implying East and West might as well be both featured under "Catholic" since Catholics are orthodox and Orthodox are catholic even if Caholics aren't Orthodox and Orthodox aren't Catholic
>>
>>426643

>implying iconoclasm isn't a well known trait of protestantism
>>
>>426660
>Stockholm
Go figure
>>
>>427289
And we're damn proud of it.
>>
>Unitarian universalist
>christian
>>
>>426643
>Desecrating effigies of God
lmao so being against idolatry is bad now
>>
File: Smashing Jesus face.png (292 KB, 469x299) Image search: [Google]
Smashing Jesus face.png
292 KB, 469x299
>>427353
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuljuu6uqqc

>Show Jesus you love Him
>By Busting His head open

No wonder the Protestants worship the Jews that killed Him
>>
>>426643
>>"Call no one father"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iv4AAKqock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-sOgcUOt8E
>>
File: religions.jpg (124 KB, 1474x242) Image search: [Google]
religions.jpg
124 KB, 1474x242
>>425986
lmftfy
>>
>>425986
>Mormon
>Christian
If they're Unitarian they as much of a Christian like Jews and Muslims.
>>
File: 38.jpg (16 KB, 121x150) Image search: [Google]
38.jpg
16 KB, 121x150
>>426080
How is Mormonism not Christianity?

Genuinely curious. They may have wacky ideas about Jesus but he's still the figurehead of the religion.
>>
>>428787
Too many innovations, new prophet, total disregard to the tradition. Jesus is an important figure in Islam too, yet no one considers Islam to be a form of Christianity.
>>
>>428787
Mormons deny the divinity of Christ by claiming that Jesus is a separated created being of God. They're practically polytheistic
>>
>>428798
Probably because they don't actually worship Jesus. Joseph Smith is the same way, he's not worshiped. Or at least they aren't supposed to worship him.

>>428801
Non-trinitarians are still Christians. Maybe not mainstream ones who follow the Nicene creed but they fall under the broad blanket term of Christianity.

Also I'm pretty sure they don't deny his divinity since he's quite literally the son of God. As in Elohim actually went down and had sex with Mary.
>>
>>428816
Muslims don't worship Muhammad neither and expect second coming of Jesus in the end of times. I agree the question is a complex one, but I'd say Mormonism to Christianity is like Christianity to Judaism - definitely based upon, yet too fat away to be a part of.
>>
>>426660
oh fuck off, i live in sweden and had to look that upp, and its fucking true, what the fuck is wrong wit my country, oh wait, we make it easy and ask whats right with it
>>
>>427913
Black priest, no suprise he fucks upp when hes not in a choir
>>
>>426240
The historicity of Jesus is not (yet) proven
>>
>>425986
>implying the regular man has the theological knowledge or deserves the authority to interpret the Bible for himself, resulting in ridiculous literal readings
>Implying tradition isn't the whole purpose of religion, regardless of it being distinctively said in scripture
>implying Protestantism wasn't just a tool for power, just as they so heavily claimed the Catholics were guilty of
>implying the world is better off under Protestantism, and the biggest Protestant nation, the US
>implying some shitty Protestant vision of a cruel merciless God is not just a Jewish sham that goes against the New Testament of forgiveness and love
>implying Augustine was wrong
Protestantism and all ''individual religious authority'' movements are cancerous. If you want to be religious, to it religiously, with silly traditions and beliefs, while cherishing the core values of love for man, as is worthy of something created in the image of God.
>>
>>429244
Christianity is simply the belief in God through Jesus. That's it, there is nothing more to it.

Catholicism has rules, practices, a hierarchy, and it's own doctrine. But they teach a different doctrine from scriptures.

Jesus said pray in "his" name. Nowhere in the entire Bible are we instructed to pray to Mary, to make saints, or to make a pope.
>>
>>427309
you and the Muslims
>>
>>429269
Ah yes, the self evidence of scripture. It is so easy to read the Bible and come up with a correct theology that's why there is only one Protestant church right?

> Or wait, there's like 100,000 different denominations of Protestantism nevermind.

If correct theology is so evident in scripture why are there so many denominations with different theological interpretations?
>>
>>429282
All these different congregations worship god through Jesus,but they do not contravene gods explicit instructions towards idolatry and paganism.
>>
>>429288
>All these different congregations worship god through Jesus

So you're saying they all have different ways of interpreting scripture? If the Bible is self evident than why are there so many different possible theological conclusions to be drawn from it...

Is it possible that each of these denominations have their own theological "traditions?"

> do not contravene gods explicit instructions towards idolatry and paganism

If you feel afraid enough of idolatry to rid your place of worship of christian art you are probably feeble minded.

Perhaps you would feel more at home in a mosque.
>>
>>429299
What im saying is the difference between different congregations is alot less than a corrupt Roman church that allows its priests to rape children in their care, and refuses to hand evidence to the state officials.

Since they have such a taste for children, I can only assume Roman priests would be right at home in a mosque.
>>
>>429269
No, it is not. Because it wasn't so for 1500 years. Religion is whatever it is, the same way that people who adhere to it are ''Christians'' regardless of what they do, as long as they identify as Christians. It's absolute Hubris for people to assume they can just understand the Bible through literal reading, though.

Honestly, I'm not looking for God in any particular religion, but I like to find the parts they have in common to find the human conception of God. Religion, to me, is the manifestation of human ignorance, not in a condescending way, just the answer to what people do when they find themselves on a planet, not knowing why or what the fuck to do, hence Genesis, everything was good until humans evolved to a state of consciousness, being aware of good and evil, and that was the punishment of God, for stepping outside of nature. Ever since then man has been trying to find the thing holding everything together, and Holy Books were written, with vast traditions behind them. Now, if I were to subscribe to any particular religion, I'd rather join the Catholics, because it's true human heritage. Protestantism is just you reading man's words on something he can't understand and taking it literally.
>>
>>429310
You are dodging the question here and failing to address the problem of contradictory and opposing interpretations of the Bible that Prottieism suffers from retard.
>>
>>429310
>Since they have such a taste for children

Ah, clearly we have triggered the Protestant. Another fine demonstration of the protestant capacity for theological debate.

I would mention that priests actually have a lower or comparable overall abuse rate than Protestant clergy, but I am sure you have Joel Osteen podcasts to listen to.
>>
>TFW according to Protestantism, PSY will go to hell all because of making a song called "Daddy"
>>
>>429331

look, im happy you call yourself a catholic, it explains your theological position perfectly, you dont need the words of god because you have a "pope"and a "mary" to worship.

Why do you think christians split from the church?
>>
>>429366

You:

> I'm too stupid to understand the difference between veneration and worship

Matthew 16:18: "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church."

> 500 years of Protestant butthurt because they are too dumb to read the Bible

The early church had apostolic authority, worshiped in grottos filled with mural paintings and images, and venerated Mary. This is all archaeologically and textually demonstrated. These same practices continued, without real dispute, for 1500 years until heretics decided that the true faith was not good enough for them and they decided to break apart united Christendom.

In Geneva, the Calvinists tore apart ancient churches like the Turks in Constantinople, yet they call themselves Christians. YOU are a heretic.
>>
>>429443
>Matthew 16:18
Weve been through this before, the correct translation is "congregation"

The catholic church is a religion founded on politics and paganism, It is a man made religion, Which is why Mary is sometimes called "The queen of Heaven," which is a Pagan goddess, and the pope in his skirts resembles Dagon the fish king.

What was Paul's faith? Christianity existed way before the Romans perverted it.
>>
File: image.jpg (276 KB, 1920x1072) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276 KB, 1920x1072
>>429468
Find me an actual scholar that believes your hogwash. You can't because such are just shitty conspiracy theories with no basis on truth. A congregation implies community as well which doesn't even pose any problems with Catholicism as an institution. Fucking retards I swear
>>
>>429468

>Christianity existed way before the Romans perverted it.

>Romans
>pevert it

You mean make it great?
Face it, every single great thing coming out of Christianity is because of the pagan background of the converted populations.
>>
>>429528
Religion is a form of social control as it was back in the time of Jesus with the Pharisees, Jesus came to give us abundant life not to follow religion.

Many religions have killed, destroyed and stolen in the name of Jesus however this is Satan's goal, "he came to kill, steal and destroy" all creation. He hates us as gods prized creation.

Jesus is the only gate to the heavenly spirit world.
>>
>>429544
Arrogant self righteousness of SJW the post
>>
>>429528
The is what makes the Catholic Church truly remarkable to me, the aggregation of all the pagans customs into a single belief system to unify Europe in at least a religious sense, rather than rejecting them all on the principle "nuh uh, my story is better!"

>>429468
I grew up attending a church named St. Mary's (which is like 1/4 of all Catholic churches) and not once did we ever "worship" Mary in the same sense as you worship the Trinity. She was merely venerated, payed homage to through prayer just like any other saint. And prayer to saints is more like "hey saint so and so, can you help a nigga out?" rather than anything that can be called worship.

>>429882
This desu.
>muh slave morality, muh control of society
>>
>>428787
I believe a continuum of differences is more important than discrete categories in this issue. Mormonism is, to me, very fringe compared to other denominations, but it shares core elements like considering Jesus the Son of God.

>>428798
>Too many innovations

How can you define how many innovations is "too many"? The RCC is constantly "innovating".

>total disregard to the tradition

Protestantism also disregards tradition.

>Jesus is an important figure in Islam too

But still just a human. He's the literal son of God is Mormonism like all other Christian denominations.

>>428801
>They're practically polytheistic

The Trinity itself comes pretty close to this desu senpai. There's a reason it feels so contrived. Same with saints in Catholicism to a lesser degree.
>>
>>429882
>everything I dislike is social justice
>>
>>429947
>The is what makes the Catholic Church truly remarkable to me, the aggregation of all the pagans customs into a single belief system to unify Europe in at least a religious sense, rather than rejecting them all on the principle "nuh uh, my story is better!"

No, that's what makes your cognitive dissonance truly remarkable
>>
>>429279
Muslims > Cathoshits
>>
>>429443
> I'm too stupid to understand the difference between veneration and worship
According to Paul there is no difference.

>early church
Early church was shit. Paul himself said so.
>>
>>430025
Just showing how your behavior parallel theirs.

>Be Protestant
>Literally cannot call any man father
>Listen to PSY's "Daddy"
>Realize that this song is heresy and PSY will burn his fatty ass in Hell forever and ever for it all because of a song referring someone as "father" instead of God Alone

#Shitty Prot logick
>>
>>430043
Your interpretation of Paul says so.

Academic breakthroughs on the study of Paul shows that he ain't no Protestshit! It's called the 'New' Perspective of Paul which if any is consistently echoed by the Church Fathers!
>>
>>430149
Paul specifically used the word ἐδουλεύσατε in Galatians 4:8 and it's pretty clear in what context. Yet Catholics insist there's a difference between "latria" and "dulia".

>MUH EARLY CHURCH

Fuck off lel
>>
>>427913
>Not destroying graven imagery
>>
>>426290
>Once saved, always saved
>Just need to say you're Christian/believe in Jesus to be saved
This shit right here.
>>
>>426660
How in the fuck is she a bishop if she's so ashamed of her own religion?
>>
>>430239
>Sweden
>>
>>428720
>Judaism
>1342
Wot
>>
To Catholics : How far could the Pope go in matters of changing doctrine and dogma before you would consider his removal?
>>
File: 1431536501570.jpg (42 KB, 541x498) Image search: [Google]
1431536501570.jpg
42 KB, 541x498
>papal infallibility ex cathedra introduced in 1870
>Cuckolicks acting like it was always there
>>
>>428787
>How is Mormonism not Christianity?
Because it would make Christianity look bad.
>>
>>430198
Except of course, Paul was referring to worship of false gods in that context, not veneration of Saints.

How stupid can you get?

It's like saying that Dyothelitism or somehow the lingo of Hypostatis is somehow present in the Bible itself.

How dumb can you get?
>>
>>425986

Deuteronomy 13:1-6 as well as 4:24-41 pretty much debunk all of Christianity, not just Protestantism.
>>
>>430315
>was referring to worship

Exactly my point. WORSHIP. Not "paying respects", you low intelligence fuck.
>>
Worship involves ritual. Veneration is simply words.

Christ is worshipped through e.g. communion. What rituals specifically celebrate Mary or the Saints?
>>
>>430328
No this means Paul is not addressing whether or not the veneration of saints is wrong or not illiterate dumbfuck!

This means whatever language Paul uses there even if it somehow uses the latria to refer to worship, it doesn't mean that Paul is against the practice.

Idiocy at its best.
>>
>>430368
>uses latria
Dulia you colossal imbecile.

Do I have to spell it out for you?

>Paul: Dulia is worship
>Cuckolicks: Dulia is "mere veneration"
>>
>>430374
>Context referring to false gods and not veneration of saints
>Catholics don't even venerate Pagan deities

How idiotic can you get inbred scum?

Go back to autismland you piece of low intelligent shite!
>>
File: catholic_idolaters.jpg (29 KB, 384x256) Image search: [Google]
catholic_idolaters.jpg
29 KB, 384x256
>>430391
Dulia means worship no matter the context you idiot. It doesn't magically change meaning when switching from pagan gods to Catholic patron saints (which you could argue are pagan gods anyway), it's still worship. And as worship it should relate only to God, not to some random dead guys.

Furthermore, Acts 10:25-26

>25 As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence. 26 But Peter made him get up. “Stand up,” he said, “I am only a man myself.”

An apostle himself doesn't want you to bow to him because he's just a fucking man, straight out of his mouth. Yet you think bowing to statues of saints is alright.
>>
Protestants, if you adhere to sola fide, then how do you explain James 2:24?
>You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.
>>
>>425986
>Being religious.
>>
>>430415
Here more stupidity from the special prottie sjw snowflake.

a)Ignoring the object of Paul's focus which is on false GODS NOT SAINTS

b)Ignoring the fact that Saints aren't deities by definition

c)Ignoring the fact that Catholics don't venerate or even worship the object of Paul's focus

Your argument ignores these three core points, a) and c) which I had made.

>Acts 10:25-26
So what? This simply show Peter's humility.

If this means that bowing to a person is worship then,

a)Japanese do this shit all the time by bowing towards people for making a mistake

b)Bowing to a king becomes akin to worshiping him which is outright stupidity

c)Bowing towards an elderly in respect is actually idolatry

d)Any culture that emphasizes the act of bowing to another would be idolatrous just for sole reason of this alone.

Grow a fucking brain for once retard.
>>
>>430455
But there are no gods other than God. Everything that is not God and you worship it, is by definition, a false god. Whether it's Baal, St. Anthony or your mum.

>This simply show Peter's humility.

This shows Peter does not want people bowing to him. By saing he's "only a man" he clearly implies such glorification belongs not to men, but to God.

Also the Japanese are heathens, not sure why you're bringing them up as if their customs are any valid. Relativist faggot.
>>
>>426141
>I'm right, you're wrong :^)
lesmugatheistface.jpg
>>
File: 1446065799001.jpg (68 KB, 558x344) Image search: [Google]
1446065799001.jpg
68 KB, 558x344
>>426590
>>
>>426290
>
this nigga knows whats up
>>
>>430479
>This shows Peter does not want people bowing to him. By saing he's "only a man" he clearly implies such glorification belongs not to men, but to God.
So God made Isaac a God?
>>
>>430527
Best not be bringing OT tradition in this since it BTFOs a vast majority of Catholic doctrines.
>>
>>430534
It also BTFO your polytheism.
>>
>>430565
How am I a polytheist?
>>
>>430567
Because you believe God made Isaac into another God.
>>
>>426008
Yes, the day when church of an empire claiming to be Roman, separated from the Bishop of Rome.
>>
>>430479
>Everything that is not God and you worship it, is by definition, a false god.
But this also ignores the object of Paul's focus once more which refers to the gods of Paganism or something of the like. Only if Catholic saints possess the same characteristics of Baal or some other Pagan deity would Catholics be guilty of this. The problem? They fucking don't which makes this rather silly.

Time to grow a brain. Maybe your pastor ripped it out of your skull the moment you were born!

>By saing he's "only a man" he clearly implies such glorification belongs not to men, but to God.
Once more ignoring the part about humility which is the reason for the statement to begin with. In fact all Peter's doing here is placing himself on the level of ordinary men. Saints do not fall under this category for reasons of their piety, deeds and faith towards god.

So once more this point holds no water. It just shows your lack of a brain.

>Also the Japanese are heathens, not sure why you're bringing them up as if their customs are any valid. Relativist faggot.
This is ridiculous as,
a)Nothing about Japanese mythology or religion is brought up
b)Cultural acts of respect is only referenced and brought up
c)European example through the monarch was brought up.

In fact going even further,
a)The act of saluting which every scout, officer, and soldier worldwide would do is considered idolatry if we follow your fucking line of thought.

Thus, to be in any profession that requires any act of submission or respect to a superior by saluting or bowing is idolatry by your own definition.

Such an absurdity can only come from someone without a brain.
>>
>>430621
>Whoever controls or hails from a certain geographic area has full rights to the history of said area, no matter how arbitrary it is
>Viewing reality on these terms
This is as bad as African-Americans claiming they are Ancient Egyptian because they're descended from Africans. It's theft.
>>
File: pepepapal.png (1 MB, 1072x736) Image search: [Google]
pepepapal.png
1 MB, 1072x736
>>430662
>>430709
B A N T S
A
N
T
S
>>
Why are you a Christian anyway, OP?

I'm a Christian due to confirmed Catholic miracles.
>>
File: Talmud.jpg (27 KB, 180x304) Image search: [Google]
Talmud.jpg
27 KB, 180x304
>>430249
>Believing lies that Judaism is the same as Hebrewism

They've replaced the old testament with the Talmud. Just because they claim a continuation with the old Hebrew faith doesn't make it true. The Muhammadans and Mormons do the same exact thing.
>>
>>428782
They're polytheists mate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3BqLZ8UoZk
>>
File: ordination.jpg (212 KB, 1200x803) Image search: [Google]
ordination.jpg
212 KB, 1200x803
>>430662
>Thus, to be in any profession that requires any act of submission or respect to a superior by saluting or bowing is idolatry by your own definition.
And that sir, is why I bow to no man
>>
Catholicism is the Whore of Babylon.

Rome couldn't destroy Christianity through persecutions so they adopted the religion and corrupted it with pagan traditions and secular philosophy, Vóila: Roman Catholicism is born.

True Bible-believing Christians have always existed, they were never an organized church.
Paul set up local churches ruled by local elders.

Apostolic succession is unscriptural, it's made up. Catholics base their entire religion on 1 verse which is taken out of context.

Papal Rome is worse than Pagan Rome, because the Papacy claims to be Christian when it's not.

There are tons of books, documentaries and films on this subject. Catholicism has been debunked to death.
>>
>>432742
>age of atheism coincides with Protestantism
>Catholics spend thousands of years defending Europe from Islam
>greatest works of art originate from Catholicism
>"secular philosophies" turn out to be rationalist and good

I'll take Rome over whatever you're offering, Protestant scum.
>>
>>428787
jesus is from kolob a planet in space no trinue deity no hell its called outer darkness three tiered heven system post death baptisms are a thing need a secret handshake to get into VIP heaven
>>
>>432692
>henotheists
Fixed
>>
>>432742
I can read things written by Christian who were taught by the Apostles that disproves everything you've said.
>>
>>432770
Whatever you say, Papist.

Jesus is LORD, your pope is an antichrist.
>>
>>432859
Paul said that the churches were going into apostasy DURING HIS LIFETIME.

The Bible specifically says that Christianity was well being corrupted before Catholicism existed.

So don't give me your "church fathers" bullshit.

Scripture-believing Christians have always existed throughout these periods.

The Waldensians, (Bible-believing Christians) predate the Papacy, and there are many groups such as these. The RCC gave them different names in an attempt to paint them as heretics, but they always referred to themselves as brothers or Christians.

They were the saints who were persecuted by Rome and burned at the stake for simply reading the Bible.

You know why the Catholics forbid people from reading scripture? Because they would realize that the Beast/Mystery Babylon referred to Roman Catholic church.
>>
File: 1449863747010.png (177 KB, 311x278) Image search: [Google]
1449863747010.png
177 KB, 311x278
>>430035
b o i
>>
>>432907
I'm glad nothing in your post is right.
>>
>>432921
>Acts and Romans are wrong
So you've never read what God ordered Paul to do throughout Asia minor.

Doesn't surprise me, since you Catholicucks worship Peter and deny half the Bible.
>>
>>432956
You're wrong about it being the Catholic church
>>
catholics getting BTFO by christians, as usual
>>
>>432973
1. Paul spreads the gospel
2. Makes churches throughout Anatolia and Greece
3. Before Paul dies he says the churches are forsaking him and falling for false doctrines
This is hundreds of years before the Roman Catholic church existed.

Why can't you understand that?

Have you never read the Bible?
Doesn't surprise me if you never have, since all you wackos do is bow down to "Mary" statues and worship the sun god Baal.
>>
Protestantism is wrong because God doesn't exist.
>>
>>432981
I think if you actually look into history you'll understand that it's the Gnostics that Paul was referring to. The Catholic Church has always existed. And yes I've read the bible. I used to a Protestant and I can't see anything, but Catholicism in it.
>>
>>433005
Has always existed in regards to Christianity. Not all time.
>>
>>432814

They worship Jesus and Smith too.
>>
>>433005
Gnosticism wasn't the only heresy. There were tons.

The ideas of Catholicism (child baptism and apostolic succession) were also heresies. They became the majority and they named themselves "Catholics" (universal) to make it "official".

In other words, your heretical brand of Christianity became the official/recognized one.

True Christians who believed only what the scripture says have always existed in the sidelines throughout all of this. They did not add their own doctrines/traditions/philosophical interpretations into it.

1. Roman empire persecutes Christians
2. Papal empire persecutes Christians

No difference. The blood of the saints refers to the countless Bible-believers your religion has slaughtered in the name of the Pope (antichrist, or 'in place of Christ').
>>
File: 1444748473249.jpg (27 KB, 440x398) Image search: [Google]
1444748473249.jpg
27 KB, 440x398
>MUH CHURCH FATHERS
>MUH EARLY CHURCH
>MUH ORAL TRADISHEN

Literally every time
>>
If you focus more on your denomination and why you think it's more correct than others over worship you're pretty shit

fucking autists itt honestly
>>
>>433032
Don't forget
>MUH ROCK
>>
>>426122
>they refuse to accept Council of Chalcedon of 451 with its teaching about two natures in Christs

They refuse to accept THE WORDING about the 2 natures of Christ. They agree Jesus was fully god and fully man but the don't like listing them as separate natures and instead consider Jesus to have 1 nature with god and man making it up (as sub-natures of) Him.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oriental_Orthodoxy#20th_century
>from several meetings between the authorities of the Holy See and the Oriental Orthodoxy, reconciling declarations emerged in the common statement of the Syriac Patriarch (Mar Ignatius Zakka I Iwas) and the Roman Pope (John Paul II) in 1984
>>The confusions and schisms that occurred between their Churches in the later centuries, they realize today, in no way affect or touch the substance of their faith, since these arose only because of differences in terminology and culture and in the various formulae adopted by different theological schools to express the same matter. Accordingly, we find today no real basis for the sad divisions and schisms that subsequently arose between us concerning the doctrine of Incarnation. In words and life we confess the true doctrine concerning Christ our Lord, notwithstanding the differences in interpretation of such a doctrine which arose at the time of the Council of Chalcedon.

The real reason for the split was local politics (kings get paranoid if the church is run by a foreigner) and this bs was just a pretext to do it.
>>
Protestant > Orthodox > Catholic >>> Mormons/Jehovah's Witnesses

Fundamental Bible-believing born again Baptist is the most pure and true form of Christianity.
>>
>>433021
Okay bud whatever you say
>>
Catholics are cool, you have to respect any institution that stayed as wealthy and powerful as they have for this length of time. All around better art.
>>
>>433152
You should watch 'The Magdalene Laundries'.
Its the story of how a rich and powerful religious organisation enslaved young single mothers in Ireland for years doing backbreaking work for little or no reward. And then force them to sign over their babies for that organisation to sell them to wealthy Americans, so they would never be reunited.
I cant quite remember the name of the organisation....
>>
>>428787

Joseph Smith claims to be greater than Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6TUpblOheI
>>
>>425986
>Catholicism
>Implying the early followers of Christ had anything to do with the formation of the RCC.
Man I like Catholics but quit that bullshit
>>
File: 1416127328213.png (446 KB, 1329x772) Image search: [Google]
1416127328213.png
446 KB, 1329x772
>>433372
>>
>>433375
>Ignatious never mentions "pope" in any of his unforged letters
>Muh Catholic church since 33ad
>>
>>433051

This is the issue of Salvation, friend. I love other people and don't want them to get damned, so defending Catholicism is extremely important.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Beginning image dump from Chadwick to show how ridiculous Prottieism is
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>433619
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>433622
>>
>>433619
>>433622

>sideways

gg
>>
File: image.jpg (891 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
891 KB, 3264x2448
>>433623
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>433624
Yes but notice the similarities between Gnosticism and Protestantism
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>433628
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>433629
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>433631
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>433633
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>433635
>>
File: image.jpg (305 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305 KB, 640x1136
>>433640
And finally, from Protestant scholar ANS Lane to finish it all off
>>
File: 3835855432_0d474f8f8c_m.jpg (7 KB, 240x199) Image search: [Google]
3835855432_0d474f8f8c_m.jpg
7 KB, 240x199
>>430263

Don't have to, the Holy Spirit would strike him down or make him a mute/potato if he tried.
>>
>>433186

>what happens in Ireland is indicative of a global organisation
>>
>>432956

>catholics deny half the bible
>protestants litterally took out 7 books from the bible
>>
>>433650
>Jesus condoned the Torah
>Catholics added books to condone necromancy
>>
>The only thing you need to do to be a Christian is to believe that Jesus Christ is your saviour
>These people who believe Jesus Christ is their saviour aren't Christians though because they believe a bunch of other stuff too.
>>
>>433653
This is pure stupidity when those books themselves were in the fucking Septuagint. In fact, the Early Church included them in their canonical scripture in the main despite disagreements here and there to varying degrees. This destroys Protestants trying to use the "Catholics add books" card because it's so fucking ignorant on history
>>
File: StPatricks2.jpg (124 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
StPatricks2.jpg
124 KB, 450x450
The Catholic Church is the most majestic and interesting church, fite me irl
>>
>>430662
>Saints do not fall under this category for reasons of their piety, deeds and faith towards god.

Saints do not fall under this category for reasons of their beatific vision of God
>>
>>433653
>doesn't know the difference between Torah and the Tanakh
>doesn't know Jesus rebuked the "Torah alone" Sadducees aka proto-protestants
>>
File: 1440969675194.gif (536 KB, 320x199) Image search: [Google]
1440969675194.gif
536 KB, 320x199
>>426590
>>
>>435674
Disprove Eucharistic miracles then.
>>
>>434168
why would a church pride itself on the acquisition of physical materials lol... satan has dominion in this world and your buildings mean nothing
>>
>>429282
there's only one bible, son
>>
>>429443
the early church met in houses and the only identifiably christian images appeared around the 4th century ad
>>
>>429544
amen

22Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”

He said to them, 24“Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’

“But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’

26“Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’

27“But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’

28“There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. 29People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. 30Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.”
>>
File: 1438564063305.jpg (2 MB, 1845x2331) Image search: [Google]
1438564063305.jpg
2 MB, 1845x2331
>>434168
>>
>>436121
Dura Europos would like to speak to you.
Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.