[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss TE Lawrence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Te_lawrence.jpg (212 KB, 450x563) Image search: [Google]
Te_lawrence.jpg
212 KB, 450x563
>>
Why?
>>
>>423530
orientalist adventurer par excelence, embodyment of his contemporary image for a civilized western man. And a fag
>>
>>423545
He was gay?
>>
>>423557
it has been speculated quite a bit. He was rumoured to have been intending to marry a female family friend if i recall correctly, but his biographies know not a single actual female "friend" he would have a real relationship with. His friendship with a younger male assistant has been speculated to have been more intimate.
>>
>>423530
I saw the movie and read a little bit about him.
He sounds like he was pretty cool to be honest.
>>
File: image.gif (17 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
17 KB, 320x200
>>
>>423583
lawrence of arabia is definately one of my favorite films. Have been meaning to read his "pillars of power" or what was his book...
>>
>>423600
he wrote a book? i'm definitely getting down to it
>>
>>423578
>His friendship with a younger male assistant has been speculated to have been more intimate.
Details please.

Because I'm sick and tired of really close platonic bros being retconned into gayness. Bros before hoes is not gayness, there needs to be at least some sexual tension, is not actual lewd acts.
>>
>>423602
i checked, it's "seven pillars of wisdom"...
>>
>>423609
his friendship with Dahoumy, an arab boy, was speculated by some to have been something more. this however has been denied by lawrences colleagues. apparently his older brother suspected that lawrence was asexual and died a virgin. supposedly his proposal to a family friend was a way of trying to cut ties with a gay friend who was obsessed with lawrence in his youth (sounds unlikely to me but plausible i guess)
>>
>>423557
There's that odd homoerotic rape scene in Seven Pillars of Wisdom which in all likelihood never actually happened. He only went to a grammar school rather than a public school which would probably have it close to settled, but it would hardly be an unusual thing.
>>
>>423647
also, to add a personal opinion,
i guess the expectations of the society at the time was more inclined towards making all kinds of rumours of "confirmed bachelors" or asexuals if a man was not married at a certain age... life just doesnt always work like that
>>
Pretty amazing how he got a group of literally inbred uneducated tribes to stand up to the turks
>>
in the end he was nothing but a tool to use and toss away for the colonial powers, his own ideas for the middle east would have pretty much fixed it
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.