[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's with the influx of Religious discussion? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: youbettergetcomfy.png (19 KB, 312x233) Image search: [Google]
youbettergetcomfy.png
19 KB, 312x233
What's with the influx of Religious discussion?
I'm not against it or anything but did something trigger this?
>>
>>423425

/pol/

Lots and lots of /pol/
>>
Its quarantined from everywhere and now we get to deal with it.

I like it actually. If I witness this board dying because of it I can go back to 8ch /his/ and tell them how nothing has changed.
>>
>>423428
pretty much this

that and the question on how dark the dark ages were (My answer is pretty dark but not as dark as some people think)
>>
/his/ is a containment board.

In a better world the humanities bit would've been kept on /lit/ instead of shitting this place up.
>>
Frankly I have no problem with theological discussion.

I'm agnostic, but the various sects of the dominant Abrahamic religions are fascinating, and the discussion of those adherent and knowledgeable of them is always interesting to read. Far more so than philosophy threads, anyway.
>>
>>423856
I've got no problem with theological discussion.

The problem is all this religious shit posting belongs on >>>/adv/ because it has zero theological content.
>>
>>423443
>>423428
one of the biggest influences on human history

"le must be /pol/"
>>
>>423941

If we had rational, intelligent discussion of religious history, or theology, or anything like that, I'd agree with you.

Instead, we get

>I'm a Jew, ask me anything (From a /pol/ tripfag, no less)
>The world would be peaceful if everyone was Buddhist
>Who was the most Badass muslim who ever existed?
>Is it just me or is it impossible to completely convert certain peoples to a religion?
>Crusading songs: Post crusading music

These aren't calls to discuss religions in a professional manner, or at least as professional as 4chan ever gets. These are just turf warring shitposts by and large, meant to establish how great the religion of whomever the OP wants to champion. What's more, could be seen on /pol/ for ages.
>>
>>423960
yeah but a lot of that sounds like your average shitposting not necessarily /pol/s doing
>>
>>424023

I'm not so sure. I used to be on /pol/ before I migrated to /his/ because it was just about the only history-related board there was (tg as well), wading through pools of shit for the rare actually good thread, and I saw a lot of the exact same stuff.
>>
>>423960
A lot of people here seem to think because /pol/ does something it's inherently bad.
>>
>>424035
Yes, and?
>>
It's not that recent from what I've seen. I remember a sudden influx of it about a week after the board started and then it never went away.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.