[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did the Cold War start and when did it end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
When did the Cold War start and when did it end?
>>
>>423167
1945-1989
>>
>>423167
1945 - 1979
>>
>>423167
It's started right after WW 2 and end with the fall of Soviet Union
>>
>>423167
Given that it is an American fiction, whenever you like. It isn't like you read Soviet sources is it?
>>
1944-Mid Reagan administration.

second cold war started at the end of Iraq war.
>>
1945-1985 according to America

dunno how the USSR thought of it
some say it's still going on since MAD is still a possibility
>>
>>423167
1945-It didn't.
>>
File: 1438133018210.jpg (47 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1438133018210.jpg
47 KB, 420x420
>>423167
1947-1991
decisive American victory
>>
I always start the timer from September, 1945. The place: Ottawa, Canada.

http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/lhn-nhs/qc/stlaurent/natcul/natcul2/natcul2e.aspx
>>
>>423526
>implying MAD can happen
>implying it could ever happen
>>
>>423802
Maybe not deliberately, but accidents can happen.
>>
>>423807
Despite what the media likes to spout, there aren't enough nukes to totally wipe out human life. There aren't even enough to wipe out civilization. And anti-nuclear technology has advanced much more readily than nuclear technology, making nukes nothing more than an extremely impractical and expensive power statement.
>>
>>423815
Dude I agree with you that the "nukes r extinction buttons" meme is tired, but I count MAD as an exchange of nuclear weapons between two superpowers. There were some close calls during the Cold War.
>>
>>423167
1945-1991
>>
1947 - 1987
>>
>>423819
An exchange of nuclear weapons was, I agree, very plausible at some points, but I doubt it would have been any more than a few at any one time. Enough for one state to cripple some major centers of the other, and for that other to retaliate in equal measure. There is absolutely no reason for a state to launch a mass of nuclear weapons at another; there is simply no political or military advantage to it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.