[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have the rare pee pee poo poo of the Hannibal Barca
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1404300877246.jpg (423 KB, 986x1369) Image search: [Google]
1404300877246.jpg
423 KB, 986x1369
Does anyone have the rare pee pee poo poo of the Hannibal Barca Pepe standing in front of a casualty list of the Battle of Canae?

Also, Carthage general, I suppose. I find Carthage one of the most fascinating of the ancient civilizations. Would have been interesting if Rome and Carthage had both survived the Punic Wars and went on to become rival superpowers for millennia
>>
>>423107
>Would have been interesting if Rome and Carthage had both survived the Punic Wars and went on to become rival superpowers for millennia

Basically the UUSR and USA except instead of the Pacific as a boarder it's the Med
>>
>>423118
And it would have culminated in an ancient WWIII around 400-500 AD when both empires were growing weak due to corruption and needed one last hurrah to restore their glory.

God damn that would have been an historian's wet dream. At least to me it would have been
>>
File: Marco_Porcio_Caton_Major.jpg (112 KB, 316x474) Image search: [Google]
Marco_Porcio_Caton_Major.jpg
112 KB, 316x474
>>423107
Furthermore, I believe Carthage must be destroyed, to be honest
>>
>>423133
>Ricardlo Nixonus
>Johanuss Kennedius

A alliance of Barbarian german states led by Adoplixin Hitlerinx
>>
>>423256
Shut up, old fart. You've told us like what? Three thousand times now? Go marry Carthage if you like it so much!
>>
>>423107

There is a sci-fi book called Romanitas with the general idea being the Roman empire never ending. So you have public crucifixions shown on TV etc.
Obviously the idea of 21st century Romans wasn't compelling enough though so they threw in some psychic mutants too.
>>
>>423304
Was Cato's catchphrase history's first forced meme?
>>
>>423107
>Would have been interesting if Rome and Carthage had both survived the Punic Wars and went on to become rival supowers for millennia.
So basically Roman and Byzantine Empires vs the Arsacid and Sassanid Empires?
>>
>>423312
>the concept of public crucifixion somehow survives through one and a half millennia of Christianity, law reform, the Enlightenment, civil rights movements, and just basic cultural change, all because Rome doesn't fall
>>
>>423332

They also had ready set up, steel crosses on the hillside, like gallows. And it had mechanical spikes that shot out from the inside to pin the victim in place.

Interesting idea, badly executed.
>>
File: MakeRomeGreatAgain.jpg (50 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
MakeRomeGreatAgain.jpg
50 KB, 400x300
>>423323
What's hilarious is that, although romans thought he was a pain in the ass, they kept voting for him, and he never lost an election. Even though they were turning Rome into a degenerate shithole, III-II B.C. romans were clever enough to still vote for the one man who upholded true roman values.
>>
File: 1441574668924.png (8 KB, 473x500) Image search: [Google]
1441574668924.png
8 KB, 473x500
>>423107
>mfw the velites and first ranks pilums always kill the elephants before they make it to my lines
>>
>>423133
We get that with the last roman-persian war.

Eastern rome vs the sassanids-30 fucking years of war, ending with all romes territory lost up to the capital, the city under siege, and a roman army slipping past the persians to take their capital, BTFO a fw field armies, and wreak havoc until the Sassanids agree to give everything back.

The sassanids feel into a viscous cycle of coups, the romans braced for a new golden age, their nemesis finally defeated...
and the Muslims came, just in time for romes cycle of endless war in the east to being again.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.