[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the most badass muslim warrior that existed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: 1.png (380 KB, 616x312) Image search: [Google]
1.png
380 KB, 616x312
Who was the most badass muslim warrior that existed?
>>
>>421797
Who's was that black general in the rashidun caliphate that roasted the Abyssinian king on the battlefield.
>>
>>421797
Who's was that black general in the rashidun caliphate that roasted the Abyssinian king on the battlefield?
>>
>>421815
?
>>
>>421815
>>421820
>>421823
Shit FUCK YOU CAPTCHA...
>>
khalid ibn al walid of course. the sword of allah. one of the greatest military leaders (at least in his times)
>>
>>421797
Tamerlane. By a wide margin I might add.
>>
>>421850
he was dumb as fuck though, he executed people because he couldn't speak their language (even when they became muslim)
>>
>>421861
citation? I'm interested to read more about him and haven't heard that before
>>
>>421797
'Ali is said to have been fighting a battle, and when he had someone on the ground, about to kill him, the guy spat in his face. After this, 'Ali got angry, got off the man and didn't kill him, because at that moment he said he was fighting out of anger, and not for God.
>>421815
Abu Bakr? My only source is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaHaWta7AFI
2:45
>>
Khalid ibn Walid never lost a battle during his military campaigns, even small skirmishes.

This could be romanticized and needs a proper source but, the end of his life is quite tragic and somewhat bittersweet. As he lies down on his bed feeling fatigue, he laments the fact he couldn't die on the battlefield like a true warrior. Then his wife tells him this:

"You were given the title of 'Saif-ullah' meaning, 'The Sword of Allah' and, the sword of Allah is not meant to be broken and hence, it is not your destiny to be a 'martyr' but to die like a conqueror."
>>
>>421932
epic wife
>>
>>421885
>Ali is said to have been fighting a battle, and when he had someone on the ground, about to kill him, the guy spat in his face. After this, 'Ali got angry, got off the man and didn't kill him, because at that moment he said he was fighting out of anger, and not for God.
Based. Got to admit.
>>
>>421932
>This could be romanticized and needs a proper source but, the end of his life is quite tragic and somewhat bittersweet. As he lies down on his bed feeling fatigue, he laments the fact he couldn't die on the battlefield like a true warrior. Then his wife tells him this:

>"You were given the title of 'Saif-ullah' meaning, 'The Sword of Allah' and, the sword of Allah is not meant to be broken and hence, it is not your destiny to be a 'martyr' but to die like a conqueror."Pretty based desu
>>
Bin Laden
kek
>>
>>421932
Are there any non-muslim documentaries about this dude?

I tried looking online but the ones I saw seemed very biased.
>>
>>421908
epic XDDD
>>
>>421908
What?
>>
>>422239
>>>/b/
>>
File: sultan_saladin.gif (67 KB, 249x338) Image search: [Google]
sultan_saladin.gif
67 KB, 249x338
>>421797

This guy obv.
>>
>>421797
What is the basis and prerequisites for one to qualify as the "most badass" Muslim warrior? Just by virtue of being Muslim? Or particularly pious in general?

Are we focusing on generals, commanders, and rulers? Or simply actual soldiers and warriors?
>>
File: Nader Shah 2.jpg (104 KB, 570x683) Image search: [Google]
Nader Shah 2.jpg
104 KB, 570x683
>>421797
Timur also called Tamerlane and/or Nadir Shah called "Napoleon of Persia".

Important mention also to Selim I of the Ottomans.
>>
>>421797
but islam is a religion of peace anon
>>
>>423725
The only one who was called the Second Napoleon and Persian Alexander was Nader Shah. Tamerlane was just a butcher.
>>
>>421797
The one who survived the suicide bombing
>>
>>423766
I never claimed they were both called that. I understand that you didn't think I was saying that Nadir was called "Tamerlane" too, so why would you misinterpret the other?
>>
File: Guys 2 words GIANT CANNON.jpg (297 KB, 800x1079) Image search: [Google]
Guys 2 words GIANT CANNON.jpg
297 KB, 800x1079
Even I don't think he's GOAT; but seriously. "GIANT CANNON LOL"
>>
>>421797
based movie
>>
>>421932
>Khalid ibn Walid never lost a battle
When will this meme end? He lost the battle of Mu'tah and before that he was involved in the loss of the Battle of the Trench.
>>
>>421885
>abu bakr
>black
u wot m8?
>>
>>421815
Abu Muslim e Khorasani
He was a fucking badass, he's troops were called Siah Jamegan which means Black Cloths (like Mussolini's)
>>
>>421797
This guy deserves and honorable mention imo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Abdullah_Hassan

>Beat back Ethiopian-British interlopers 4 times in 20 years.
>Made regular raids into Italian and British territory.
>Known as the "Mad Mullah" and was so feared by the garrison in Somaliland that they would go around whatever area he was rumored to be operating in.
>Sacked the second largest town in British Somaliland, killing a majority of the British Camal corps including their commanding officer, who's death he would write a poem about describing in detail, and which he sent a copy of to the British embassy in Ethiopia.
>It took aeroplanes bombing his dinky fortress to firce him to surrender.

He was extreamly good at being a thorn in the side of the European nations who wanted to keep their hold on the region. He even had non-Muslims fighting for him.
>>
>>423876
that really is downplaying his achievement, his logistic skill was insane, read more on the siege of constantinople man, he pulled the shit on vinland saga where he moved his navy overland during the night
>>
>>423996
No no you misunderstand,in those two battles he was just a soldier,he didn't lose any battles where he was commanding,also in mu'tah he took lead after the assigned commanders were killed and rallied and successfully retreated the army instead of getting all of them killed.
>>
>>424040
>not making any headway against the enemy and retreating from battle isn't a defeat
>>
>>423798
The way your post was worded I thought you were calling Tamerlane the "Naopleon" of Persia like with Nadir/Nader Shah.
>>
File: rock-of-gibraltar.jpg (52 KB, 650x404) Image search: [Google]
rock-of-gibraltar.jpg
52 KB, 650x404
>Oh my warriors, whither would you flee? Behind you is the sea, before you, the enemy. You have left now only the hope of your courage and your constancy. Remember that in this country you are more unfortunate than the orphan seated at the table of the avaricious master. Your enemy is before you, protected by an innumerable army; he has men in abundance, but vou, as your only aid, have your own swords, and, as your only chance for life, such chance as you can snatch from the hands of your enemy. If the absolute want to which you are reduced is prolonged ever so little, if you delay to seize immediate success, your good fortune will vanish, and your enemies, whom your very presence has filled with fear, will take courage. Put far from you the disgrace from which you flee in dreams, and attack this monarch who has left his strongly fortified city to meet you. Here is a splendid opportunity to defeat him, if you will consent to expose yourselves freely to death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Guadalete
>>
>>424094
Tariq bin Ziyad was based desu.
>>
>>424244
Cortez basically gave the same speech as him and modeled his invasion on him
>>
>>421875
>Volume 5, Book 59, Number 628:
>Narrated Salim's father:

>The Prophet sent Khalid bin Al-Walid to the tribe of Jadhima and Khalid invited them to Islam but they could not express themselves by saying, "Aslamna (i.e. we have embraced Islam)," but they started saying "Saba'na! Saba'na (i.e. we have come out of one religion to another)." Khalid kept on killing (some of) them and taking (some of) them as captives and gave every one of us his Captive. When there came the day then Khalid ordered that each man (i.e. Muslim soldier) should kill his captive, I said, "By Allah, I will not kill my captive, and none of my companions will kill his captive." When we reached the Prophet, we mentioned to him the whole story. On that, the Prophet raised both his hands and said twice, "O Allah! I am free from what Khalid has done."
>>
Obviously Saladin
>>
>>421797
clearly its the caliph Barrack Hussein Obama seeing as hes the muslim who has almost singlehandedly destroyed the West
>>
>>423725
>Timur also called Tamerlane and/or Nadir Shah
What the fuck is wrong with you
>>
File: 31231232131.jpg (20 KB, 670x447) Image search: [Google]
31231232131.jpg
20 KB, 670x447
>>
>>421860
Not a Muslim

Not a mongol either
>>
>>426930
le muslim communist anti-christ meme.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.