[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many historical figures were paedophiles? Muhammed is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 19
File: 1421760912445.png (32 KB, 198x226) Image search: [Google]
1421760912445.png
32 KB, 198x226
How many historical figures were paedophiles?

Muhammed is the only one I can think of.
>>
>>418901
Mao Tse-Tung and Kim Il-Sung.
>>
>>418901
I would have to search for it, but i'm sure there were a few among the Greeks, Romans, Ottomans, and Chinese.
>>
File: lewis carrol.jpg (795 KB, 1256x1850) Image search: [Google]
lewis carrol.jpg
795 KB, 1256x1850
Lewis Carrol and John Ruskin.

>>418909
sauce?
>>
>>418901
>>418914
Tiberius supposedly spent most of his reign at Capri diddling little boys.
>>
tons of people were pedos in the modern sense of the word

first lesson in history: don't judge the past based on today's norms
>>
File: Mark Twain.jpg (49 KB, 334x462) Image search: [Google]
Mark Twain.jpg
49 KB, 334x462
Ernest Dowson
J. M. Barrie
Benjamin Britten
Lewis Carroll
Thomas Mann
Gabriel García Márquez
Kentaro Miura
Alain Robbe-Grillet
John Ruskin
Mark Twain
T. H. White
Horatio Alger
Lord Byron
Giacomo Casanova
Samuel de Champlain
Will Durant
Daniel Carleton Gajdusek
Mahatma Gandhi
André Gide
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
John, King of England
Muhammad
Novalis
Edgar Allan Poe
Srinivasa Ramanujan
M. P. Shiel
Rabindranath Tagore
Roman Polanski
Klaus Kinski
Paul Gauguin
>>
>>418901

William Slim.

Although I suppose Ephebophile (sp?) is the more proper term.
>>
>>418978
>Gabriel García Márquez

fucking really? we had to read his books in school
>>
Recipient of the Nobel Prize in Literature. When Márquez was 18, he proposed marriage to a 13-year-old girl (Hart, 2013, p. 28):

" I met Mercedes in Sucre, a town just inland from the Caribbean coast, where both our families lived for several years and where she and I spent our holidays. Her father and mine had been friends since they were boys. One day, at a students’ dance, when she was only thirteen I asked her to marry me. Looking back I think the proposal was a metaphorical way of getting around all the fuss and bother you had to go through in those days to get a girlfriend. She must have understood it this way because we saw each other very sporadically, and always very casually, but I think neither of us had any doubt that sooner or later the metaphor would become fact. It actually became fact some ten years after the fiction, without our ever really having been engaged. We were just two people waiting, unhurriedly and imperturbably, for the inevitable."

Márquez said that she was nine when he decided to marry her (Martin, 2012, p. 85, 147).
>>
>>419037
directed at
>>419028
>>
Joe Biden
>>
>>419037
Fucking chad
>>
Augustus.
>>
>>418978
>Samuel de Champlain
Source?
>>
>>419130
He married a 12 year old, Hélène Boullé.

He requested to be allowed to consumate the marriage before she was 14

Bullough V.L. (2002). Archives of Sexual Behavior, 31 (6): 479–503
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 888x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 888x499
>>419103
>>
>>419146
Huh. They neglected to mention that little tidbit in school.
>>
File: image.jpg (404 KB, 1582x826) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
404 KB, 1582x826
>>
>>419167
citation requested on all of them desu. Except, Andre Gide, Lewis Carrol, Allen Ginsberg and Simon De Beauvoir. Those are a given.
>>
>>418901
Socrates had relations with some of his students. As did many Greeks who practiced pederasty.

Also, if you're going to bring up the example of Muhammed, then you have a whole bunch of European kings who married girls who hadn't even entered puberty, who were much younger than they were.
>>
>>419183
Mohammed consummated the marriage when she was 9 though.

>you have a whole bunch of European kings who married girls who hadn't even entered puberty, who were much younger than they were.
such as?
>>
>>418978
Mark twain source please?
>>
>>419213
When he was 22, Twain met a 13- or 14-year-old girl named Laura Wright whom he declared an “instantly elected sweetheart”. Their fleeting encounter had a profound impact on him, and he dreamt of her throughout his life (Powers, 2010). At the age of 72, Twain began collecting little girl friends in his “Aquarium Club”. Correspondence and meetings with members of the club, girls aged 10 to 16, became his chief joy in life (Cooley, 2009). There is evidence of impropriety with one of the girls, who was 15 at the time.

1/2
>>
>>418901
Joseph Smith
Probably a lot of Greek guys
A lot of people in the Congo wars, but they aren't /his/ so we can't talk about them until 2031....
>>
>>419215
Hill (2010), p. 195, on the Aquarium Club:

Perhaps also somehow associated with his increasing age was his constant and almost compulsive interest in little girls. On his first trip to Bermuda in 1908 he made a close friend of Margaret Blackmer; on the second, he discovered Irene Gerken. As Miss Lyon described him, “his first interest when he goes to a new place is to find little girls” and “off he goes with a flash when he sees a new pair of slim little legs appear; and if the little girl wears butterfly bows of ribbon on the back of her head then his delirium is complete.” He organized this “harem” into the Aquarium Club and gave each member an angel-fish pin. Clara was appointed the “Mother Superior” and Miss Lyon “The Chatelaine” of the group, and the list of M.A.’s (Members of the Aquarium) swelled to a dozen. Clemens transcribed their names into his notebook–Dorothy Butes, Dorothy Quick, Dorothy Harvey, Dorothy Sturgis, Hellen Martin, Helen Allen, Irene Gerken, Margaret Blackmer, Louise Paine, Frances Nunnally, Jean Spurr, and Marjorie Breckenridge–careful to note the girls’ ages, eleven and a half to seventeen years, averaging thirteen years. They visited him in a steady stream throughout 1908, but less frequently than his letters implored them to.
The best measure of his preoccupation was the energy and emotion which he poured into his letters to the angel fish. Of all the letters Clemens is now known to have written in 1908, ninety-four were to Members of the Aquarium–almost half the total correspondence. Almost always they were long, chatty, childlike letters, frequently composed over a number of days. All pleaded for visits.

2/2
>>
God..as much as I fucking hate this, there's no indication that Muhammad had a primary sexual attraction to children. The marriage to Aisha is obviously pretty awful but it's pretty clearly political and wouldn't have been unusual for the time and age.

Not a Muslim and don't think we should emulate Mohammed, but I don't think we should call him a pedophile either.
>>
>>419245
He had sex with a 9 year old for political reasons, totally.
>>
>>419245
>>419246
To be fair, this was a time where 30 was considered old age, dysentery and leprosy were in full swing, and if you were lucky enough to avoid that, you'd be slaughtered by a roving band of raiders or get executed for farting a mile away from the local king.

Not supporting marriage to minors, but if 20-30 was considered "middle-age," then starting young would be the most pragmatic choice.
>>
>>419289
>30 was considered old age
No. If you didn't die as a kid you lived to be 60 to 70 years old.
>>
>>419289
>To be fair, this was a time where 30 was considered old age
>this meme still exists
I MEAN COME ON
ITS 2015
>>
>>419245

>Not a Muslim and don't think we should emulate Mohammed, but I don't think we should call him a pedophile either.

Right, but the main problem with this is that a lot of people do emulate him and take a way of life from the early medieval era and try to apply it to a time and place in which it demonstrably doesn't fit at all
>>
File: 1415634892668.jpg (8 KB, 222x216) Image search: [Google]
1415634892668.jpg
8 KB, 222x216
>>419220
Living the dream
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 706x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 706x680
>>419220
>“his first interest when he goes to a new place is to find little girls” and “off he goes with a flash when he sees a new pair of slim little legs appear; and if the little girl wears butterfly bows of ribbon on the back of her head then his delirium is complete.” He organized this “harem” into the Aquarium Club
>>
Lord Mountbatten

Had almost monthly visits to a boy's home in Northern Ireland called Kincora which was revealed earlier this year to be a front for a pedophile ring of government officials. Also had two younger relatives on his boat when the IRA assassinated him.

On the day this news broke, every British newspaper, tabloid and broadsheet, was instead reporting a story about how the Queen may or may not have been shown how to do a Nazi salute when she was a young girl

I wonder why that was
>>
>>419797
The IRA are fucking scum

t. catholic Liverpudlian
>>
File: the-goose-girl-1891.jpg (312 KB, 475x1000) Image search: [Google]
the-goose-girl-1891.jpg
312 KB, 475x1000
>>418901
Pedophilia is a mental illness.
>>
>>418901
Tiberius
>>
>>418959
>first lesson in history: don't judge the past based on today's norms
One of the bigger rules indeed, well said.
>>
>>419289
>30 was considered old age
If this is true, why is it we have multiple records of people living very long lives spread across all cultures from ancient Europe, middle East, Africa, Asia and the Americas?

Or is it because these records detail only the elite and they all had magical life longevity potions only available to them?
>>
>>418901
Like, all of them.
The idea of being a teenager is less that 150 years old.
Before then you could want to fuck 14 year old girls and no one would bat an eye lid.
>>
Plato
>>
>>419028
His books are full of pedophilia treated as nothing more than something weird. The main character of most of One Hundred Years of Solitude married a nine yo girl, with their parents only slighty objecting because a girl so young may be an annoying wife.
>>
>>419957
Well, yeah. That why the fact that it is son criminalized is stupid, while other mental illneses which cause much more damage to society are becoming more accepted.
>>
Everyone, because it's natural (and legal in countries that take themselves seriously) to be attracted to 14 year olds.
>>
>>419985
>>420428
That's not even pedophilia, lads -- it's ephebephilia.
>>
>>420470
Oh fuck, it's not even that; under 15 is hebephilia. My mistake.
>>
>>420410
Being a pedophile isnt illegal, living out your desire to fuck kids is illegal, there are actually programms to help you not do it.
>>
File: gibbet.jpg (3 MB, 3776x2520) Image search: [Google]
gibbet.jpg
3 MB, 3776x2520
>>420633
Great programs like this one!
>>
>>419973
>Or is it because these records detail only the elite

You just answered your own question
>>
>>419183

> implying that because they were married they were fucking
>>
>>419973
>>422339

We also have plenty of records and data about the average person too, which also indicates a fairly normal life span if they made it out of childhood.
>>
>>422509
>Honestly believing that they didn't fucked their little girl wives
Wew
Feckin
Lad
>>
File: Jerry_Lee_Lewis_1950s.jpg (106 KB, 735x918) Image search: [Google]
Jerry_Lee_Lewis_1950s.jpg
106 KB, 735x918
>>418901
If were going by modern standards

Jerry Lee Lewis
>>
>>418978
Gandhi?!
>>
>>422644
Gandhi slept (and only slept) alongside teenage girls. Supposedly to prove he was virtuous.
>>
>>418901
Daily reminder that Aisha being 9 years old is a myth designed to bolster her image as Muhammad's pure wife during the early Sunni-Shia split and she was at in her late teens at consummation.
http://www.muslim.org/islam/aisha-age.htm
>>
File: 131007_r24070-1045.jpg (291 KB, 1045x1200) Image search: [Google]
131007_r24070-1045.jpg
291 KB, 1045x1200
>>
>>422975
>Muslim.org
I would have believed you more with no source at all, m8
>>
>>421869
And it's damn effective!
>>
>>423051
I empathize, but it is sourced and reasonable.
>>
>>420399
If I recall correctly, he wanted to marry a 9 y/o girl, but had to wait until she had her first period. I just looked at it as one of the anachronisms that were pretty common in that book, him trying to give the feel that they were living in the 1600s. There was, however, an old woman who got it on with a lot of little boys.

Also
>Thinking One Hundred Years of Solitude has an identifiable main character
hue
>>
>>418978
>Gabriel García Márquez
source.

Nothing I can find brings that up. Just becuase it was mentioned in 100 years of solitude does not mean he himself was a pedophile.
>>
>>418901

It seems to me that intellect presupposes pedophilia. They share near isomorphic variance and etiology.

Ever met an intelligent person that didn't love lolis? No, no women are intelligent (so hetero females cannot be a confounding consideration)
>>
File: 1433806107.68642960.jpg (85 KB, 604x533) Image search: [Google]
1433806107.68642960.jpg
85 KB, 604x533
Excuse me sir, but you seem to have a few errors in your post.

Firstly you reason incorrectly that one can use modern definitions such "Paedophile" to label someone's behavior in drastically different social climate and time. This is incorrect as what may be aberrant behavior now, was often accepted at one point or another, and thus cannot be judged under the same reasoning.

Even if you were to do so, the actual definition of a "paraphillia" is fixation and a preoccupation with the object or behavior to the point of being dependent on that object or behavior for sexual gratification. Paedophilla would then be the absolute sexual (or otherwise) possession with prepubescent children. To this end we can see that unless Muhammed could not preform with his other much older wives (which we can be fairly sure is not the case), he would not be a paedophile.

Furthermore the marriage to his youngest wife (which is often conflated to be paedophilla) was of a more political nature, akin to other arranged and strategic marriages. Muhammed did not consummate the marriage, till when was traditional at that time, after puberty. So even using the colloquial definition of paedophile as "one who has had any sexual contact in an adolescent under the age of puberty" would be incorrect. Perhaps you could call him a hebephile, but not a paedophile under that colocual use.
>>
>>418931
In the Loving Care of the Fatherly Leader: North Korea and the Kim Dynasty.

Their source for Mao was The Private Life of Chairman Mao, which, take it or leave it as for the authenticity.

Kim though shows evidence not just of being a person who slept with underage girls, but of being a child predator.

Muhammed, for example, as far as I know is just said to have married an underage girl, and custom at the time was that you would enter into marriage, which was a legal arrangement, and then sleep with them when they're ready. But no matter what, the record is pretty spotty on it.

Kim though, not just in the testimony of what he did, but in his own writings and patterns of behavior, shows a dude who totally is into predating on children.

In his own biography, he talks about how as a Guerrilla he slept every night with a pair of 12 year old tap dancers. And his life just...keeps repeating this pattern of getting really creepily close to 12 year old girls, and then immediately moving away once adulthood sets in.

His own writings are littered with creepy idealizations of children, and childhood innocence. And how you can only feel 'alive' around children.

He checks the entire 'creepy child molester with candy in his van' profile.
>>
File: nice.jpg (25 KB, 550x336) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
25 KB, 550x336
>>419167
>Simone de Beauvoir
>>
>>423404
Excellent post, my haplotype sharing friend.
>>
>>418901
Isaac II Angelos. Married a 12 year old.
>>
>>423475
thats pretty interesting.
>>
>>423404
>Muhammed did not consummate the marriage, till when was traditional at that time, after puberty.
Nine year olds, dude.
>>
>>418931
>>418978
>>419167

Lewis Carroll is suspected but by no means proven to be asserted as fact.
>>
>>418978
I thought tagore was more into a latin american milf
>>
>>426689
except all the CP that he made.
>>
>>426859
Well, yeah, but that was looked on very differently back then
>>
>>426898
but what other reason is there for him to go through all the trouble to take naked pictures of little girls besides paedophilia?
>>
Maybe it's easier to make a list of famous people without "unusual" fetishes
>>
File: 1427062033363.png (110 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1427062033363.png
110 KB, 366x380
>>418937
Seutonius says tiberius put his winky in a babys untoothed mouth
>>
>>427069
THE ABSOLUTE MAD MAN
>>
File: plebs.png (333 KB, 579x527) Image search: [Google]
plebs.png
333 KB, 579x527
>>427104
When I was younger and first read about tiberius I felt sorry for him and just thought he was misunderstood. Then I read some more and realised he was just a bitter pedo
>>
>>418901
>Boo hoo Mohamed was a paedophile therefore Islam is evil and twisted and bad

According to modern standards paedopholia around the Middle Ages and before (probably even much later) was quite widely accepted throughout the world, even in the West. Even if it wasn't recorded, you can be sure about a huge number of medieval figures not minding to plow a 10 year old every now and then.

Stop this shit meme
>>
To get a little controversial: Pedophilia is actually a fairly recent concept starting in the mid-19th century. About the same time as childhood was seen as a distinct and necessary stage of development, pedophilia started to become a labelled thing and transgression against children.

The concept of pedophilia developed in tandem with the concept of the child.
>>
The Christian God :^)

Mary was 13
>>
>>428733
No evidence for that, only that it was possible for a Jewish girl to get married that age.
>>
>>418959
>>418978

FUCK OFF WITH ALL THESE REPLIES
YOU GUYS WERE MEAN'T TO AGREE WITH OP AND MAKE ISLAM LOOK BAD

All these other "pedophiles" are irrelevant, since they lived in different societies, societies that are now long gone
>>
>>419246
Well, in all honesty, yes, he married the daughter of a very important tribal leader, and his past marriages literally prove he has no interest for children

see: his marriage to Khadija, a woman much much older than him (like more than 20 years older, if I can remember well). His marriage to Khadijah was probably the only marriage he did out of love, the rest were political
>>
File: bbo_wcc_57_large.jpg (87 KB, 549x685) Image search: [Google]
bbo_wcc_57_large.jpg
87 KB, 549x685
>>418901
William Slim, the victor of Burma, probably bummed several dozen underaged British boys who had been sent to Australia as Home Children.

The thought of future Australians having their shitposting curtailed by dick in the butt is very satisfying. Truly, if there is any group who deserves to be raped, it is Australian boys.
>>
>>428741
>His marriage to Khadijah was probably the only marriage he did out of love, the rest were political
This, it was the only monogamous marriage he had, all the proof is there that it was for no political reason, and probably out of simple reasons like love, and mutual interest. Proofs for this are
>Their marriage contract was really simple
>He did not marry any other woman while being married to her (very odd at that time)
>He knew her well before marrying her
>>
>>418901
Alfred Kinsey
>>
>>419797
Thank you based IRA.
>>
>>419957
Well yeah, no shit. So is every other non hetero preference.
>>
>>419170
Alexander, Aristotle, Sappho, Socrates, Julius Caesar, Pindar and Plato were almost surely pedos, it was pretty common (and accepted) in their lands at the time.

And Leonardo, Shakespeare, Michelangelo and Foucault wouldn't surprise me tbqh
>>
>>428741
Most pedos are non exclusive
>>
>>418901
who is this guy? why is he always associated with aspie stuff?
>>
>>420399
Dude, societies had arranged marriages for little girls until quite recently. And i'm talking about the western world.
>>
>>418901
Josef
>>
>>428750
>He did not marry any other woman while being married to her (very odd at that time)
Not really. Khadija was wealthier than Muhammad was, Muhammad wasn't rich. And you can't take two wives if you can't fully support both of them.
>>
File: Sui Yangdi.jpg (71 KB, 539x640) Image search: [Google]
Sui Yangdi.jpg
71 KB, 539x640
>>418901
Emperor Yang of Sui.
>He had a particular thing for teenage virgins and reportedly used a "virgin wheelchair" to capture them. According to a palace historian after the girl was seated "clamps would automatically spring up to hold her arms and spread her legs apart, while the mechanized cushion would place her body in the right position to receive the royal favor."
>>
Didn't gandi make a kid lay in bed with him all the time?
>>
File: 27802235_p0.jpg (113 KB, 807x800) Image search: [Google]
27802235_p0.jpg
113 KB, 807x800
>>429218
>virgin wheelchair
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.