[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Confirmation Saint
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 17
File: saint james.jpg (63 KB, 403x502) Image search: [Google]
saint james.jpg
63 KB, 403x502
Fellow Catholics, who did you pick as your confirmation Saint and why?

I was thinking of picking St. James the Greater
>>
Judas Thaddaeus
>>
>>418737
St Augustine of Hippo advocated converting heretics and Donatists by coercion. He denied that God would be so evil as to predestine people to eternal damnation and yet he inconsistently claimed that God predestines some not all to everlasting life which amounts to saying the same thing. This dollop of hypocrisy and hatred and blasphemy was at the root of his theology and his spiritual life which shows that if he is a saint Karl Marx has more right to be one. Augustine believed that the doctrine he believed as a Manichaean that evil was a real thing which proved there had to be a bad God and a good one was wrong for evil was just the absence of good and not a power. The man was saying then that God was not doing wrong by making poisonous snakes for evil is just a falling short of good! He was a major promoter of the lie that you love the sin and hate the sin as if to say that an act is hateful is not the same thing as to say the person that freely creates the act is not though it clearly is. The person would be hateful in so far as they are sinful. All the saints, miracles and apparitions of the Catholic support his lie for it is a bedrock of the Church and to support the Church is to support it.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 233x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 233x286
>>418737
St. Augustine because confessions essentially converted me.
>>
>>418737
Saint Sebastian, because he had a good death and I thought people would make fun of me if I picked Designated Cheerleader. I really regret it, desu.
>>
File: shrugging.jpg (12 KB, 350x284) Image search: [Google]
shrugging.jpg
12 KB, 350x284
>>418737
No one in my confirmation class got a saint. I even asked directly at the end if we were going to and my catechist said no.
>>
So why is Christ not enough?

Seriously. Why do y'all do this?
>>
File: st benedict 4.jpg (48 KB, 400x597) Image search: [Google]
st benedict 4.jpg
48 KB, 400x597
St Benedict. My dad gave me a copy of his Holy Rule when I was little. I didn't understand much of it at the time, but it left enough of an impression on me to choose him.
>>
File: u wot papist.jpg (76 KB, 231x238) Image search: [Google]
u wot papist.jpg
76 KB, 231x238
/paganism/ general?
>>
>>418737
Christopher bay-be
>>
>>419087
What a strawman
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2325x3294) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2325x3294
St. Michael the Archangel cause I've always enjoy the imagery. Pic related.
>>
>>419113
Explain it
>>
>>419115
>LITERALLY a Graven Image
>>
File: saint herbert.jpg (42 KB, 462x396) Image search: [Google]
saint herbert.jpg
42 KB, 462x396
>>418737
Saint Herbert for me. I chose him because my great-grandfather's name was Herbert and were it not for him being a very chill Catholic I would not have been part of the Church at all as a young man.
>>
Jesus
>>
I am thinking I might choose St. Perpetua when it is my time, as her story was part of what originally moved me to read more upon the faith. Another I consider a great inspiration is St. Edmund Gennings.
>>
cornelius for memes
>>
File: michael-the-archangel-13.jpg (91 KB, 630x960) Image search: [Google]
michael-the-archangel-13.jpg
91 KB, 630x960
>>419115
Reminder to my Apostolic friends that the prayer to St. Michael is a powerful weapon against evil and can be said to ward off threats both natural and supernatural.
>>
File: St.-Francis-de-Sales-2.jpg (25 KB, 435x642) Image search: [Google]
St.-Francis-de-Sales-2.jpg
25 KB, 435x642
St Francis de Sales was mine. Even back in middle school I loved to write, and so I chose him because he's the patron saint of writers and journalists. As I have gotten older I've learned a lot more about him, and I really am glad I chose him.

I highly recommend his "Introduction to the Devout Life," a very wonderful treatise for bringing oneself closer to Christ in everyday life.
>>
>>419315
Reminder that only God can intervene in the affairs of man and praying to angels directly is an insult to his omnicence and ombibenevolance
>>
>>419503
Reminder that the Church has taught that those in Heaven can pray for us, and that their prayers joined to ours increases the strength of God's intercession, because they are multiplied acknowledgment of God's glory.
>>
>>419510
>Reminder that the Church has taught that those in Heaven can pray for us,

Yep

>and that their prayers joined to ours increases the strength of God's intercession, because they are multiplied acknowledgment of God's glory.

Not true, as that implies God would not act correctly but for thier intervention. The prayers of saints and the dead literally have no effect on Gods decisions.

Having saints that "specialize" in certain types of prayers is just something the church cooked up to help pagans intergrate and accept them
>>
>>419525
>Not true, as that implies God would not act correctly but for thier intervention. The prayers of saints and the dead literally have no effect on Gods decisions.
Then asking the living to pray for you is pointless as well.
>>
>>419102
Retaining some pagan traits is exactly what makes Catholics tolerable vs. Other christfags
Get fucked you heretic
>>
St. Francis of Assisi

I liked animals and thought the older brother from Malcom in the middle was cool

I'm still embarrassed
>>
File: John Calvin.jpg (253 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
John Calvin.jpg
253 KB, 1200x1200
>>418737
>Nearly the year of our lord 2016
>Being a papist
shiggy
>>
File: Catherine_of_Siena.jpg (83 KB, 437x704) Image search: [Google]
Catherine_of_Siena.jpg
83 KB, 437x704
st. Catherine of Siena

>for it sees that the heart of man is in no wise so drawn as by love, because he was made by love.
>>
File: 1383427267769.jpg (70 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1383427267769.jpg
70 KB, 720x540
Dismas. Not because I was ever a criminal or a thief, but because he showed a mountain of faith in his darkest hour and that God's grace is ever present.
>>
File: joan-of-arc.jpg (862 KB, 1522x2000) Image search: [Google]
joan-of-arc.jpg
862 KB, 1522x2000
Saint Joan of waifus obviously.
>>
>>418805
This post was painful to read.
>>
Saint Gottschalk

Lets be honest, that's a sick ass name. Also he was one of the first saints I really read about, grandmother gave me a book and he, for whatever reason, seemed the most interesting
>>
>>419675
>Then asking the living to pray for you is pointless as well.

No the point is remember and honour them not to tip Gods hand
>>
>>419721
Not really I mean its not like he had anything to loose at that point. Any port in a storm really
>>
File: St. Jerome.jpg (49 KB, 300x396) Image search: [Google]
St. Jerome.jpg
49 KB, 300x396
St. Jerome. Always enjoyed reading and studying so going with him felt natural to me.

Dude translated the Bible from ancient Hebrew into Greek and Latin. Hells yah.
>>
File: aquinasbible.jpg (40 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
aquinasbible.jpg
40 KB, 600x450
Big Papa Tom, of course.
>>
St. Bruno, founder of the Carthusians

>my name is Bruno
>in the eyes of the church my name is now Bruno Bruno
I stand by my decision wholeheartedly
>>
>>419525
Wherever two or three are gathered in His name, He is there.
>>
>>418737
St. Thomas the Apostle, because he learned from his mistake, which is something I had great trouble doing at the time and still struggle with sometimes
>>
St. Vitus
>>
What in the flying fuck is a confirmation saint?
>>
>>418737
>who did you pick as your confirmation Saint and why
I picked Francis de Sales because I wanted to keep my baptism name and he looked the coolest one of that name. Hey what did you expect from a middle school boy?
>>
File: Domine,_quo_vadis.jpg (2 MB, 3053x4226) Image search: [Google]
Domine,_quo_vadis.jpg
2 MB, 3053x4226
>>418737
Being a convert from atheism, St. Peter really spoke to me. I identify my lifelong struggles in faith with his, and hope to emulate his devotion to Christ. Before going full fedora, I was a non-denominational protestant.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.