[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there something instead of nothing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Sahas-2.jpg (27 KB, 604x421) Image search: [Google]
Sahas-2.jpg
27 KB, 604x421
Why is there something instead of nothing?
>>
>>417664
It is in the nature of "something" to exist.

"Something" not existing is a logical contradiction.
>>
Because we are here to ask thus. If the conditions were not right for things to exist, we would not. If the conditions are right -and they are- we do, and so we ask.
>>
>>417664
Why do you assume there is a reason?
>>
>>417664
Why not?
>>
Because nothing can't exist. If nothing existed then it would be something
>>
>>417706
why not not
>>
>>417664
Because
>>
>>417664
Do you really think there is an answer to this question?
>>
File: jaden.jpg (25 KB, 493x480) Image search: [Google]
jaden.jpg
25 KB, 493x480
>>417664
How can you be sure we really exist?
>>
Because there is everything, which is the same as there being nothing.
>>
>>417664

Why would there be nothing?

Is 'nothing' really nothing?
>>
>>417664

Define nothing.
>>
>>419501
holy fuck this pham

i bet even god could blow his own mind thinking about this
why would He be instead of not be? and provided he is not, then why are we?
>>
Strictly speaking "nothing" doesn't exist. Science has recognized that there is no such thing as a vacuum and philosophers have had suspicion of it since the Stoics who's metaphysics denied the possibility of empty space.
>>
In another universe there is nothing instead of something, except the don't have Laotian salamander husbandry imageboards to post these questions to.
>>
ITT: atheists typing gibberish
>>
>>417664
I remember when there was nothing. Why did something seem like such a good idea at the time?
>>
Those beings who exist in nothingness might wonder why there is nothing instead of anything.

Wait..
>>
>>420494

Saying you know better than anyone else on the planet why there is something instead of nothing isn't gibberish?
>>
Because of the big bang you idiots.
>>
Because you're not black
>>
>>420675
>scifags actually think is an answer

it's like asking how/why I am me and have some fedora smugly pipe up, "because your dad came in your mom you idiot :^)"
>>
>>420675

So what caused the big bang?

>derp, whatever caused it, we call that thing god
>logically this being must exist

>and it loves you
>and it needs your money
>>
>>420839

You don't think your existence has anything to do with your dad fucking your mom?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.