[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /his/ think about Skallagrim is he mostly full of shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: capture.png (2 MB, 1607x889) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
2 MB, 1607x889
what does /his/ think about Skallagrim

is he mostly full of shit?
>>
File: 1429502800436.jpg (70 KB, 450x532) Image search: [Google]
1429502800436.jpg
70 KB, 450x532
Fat larper who had a steampunk wedding and chimps out about "functionality" while being obsessed with outdated weapons.

Don't get me wrong, I like swords too, but he is a typical "haha, the katana is inferior to western swords because of functionality; now I'm going to cream myself over the wester katan... i mean gross messer >;^)"

The only things swords are good for are sparing and cutting shit for fun in your back yard, even dressing up for fun is fine.
This historical recreation shit is cringe AF though
>>
He's a loser faggot but he's cool inside of that category, at least he doesn't disrespect people
>>
>>414991
He doesn't claim to be an expert and he does pretty good and concise reviews. He's entertaining (mostly) and does no harm provided you take what he says with a pinch of salt and realize that it's just his opinion. Also, he vaguely reminds me of that one guy from the video game Mercenaries, so that's a plus too.
>>
>>415008
Boohoo other people don't think the katana is magic.
>>
>>414991
Correct on more things than Lindybeige but way less entertaining.

Matt Easton is superior to both though.
>>
>>415061
did you even read that post or did the mention of katana just #trigger you
>>
File: 1434577993749.png (752 KB, 450x735) Image search: [Google]
1434577993749.png
752 KB, 450x735
>>415069
> implying lindybeige is entertaining
>>
Went over his channel for like 2 mins and it looks like typical vsauce-style "OMG LOOK AT THESE COOL SWORDS" chuuni bullshit
>>
File: irishSwords.jpg (67 KB, 613x418) Image search: [Google]
irishSwords.jpg
67 KB, 613x418
Amazing butthurt surrounding the sword, maybe it has to do with the Irish being masters of sword making from 1500BC?
>>
>>414991
what is that sword

looks like he bought it from Ornifex and is about to do some sweet rolling attack parrybaits
>>
>caring about swords

history for children
>>
>>415008
>The only things swords are good for are sparing and cutting shit for fun in your back yard

I know /k/ might sperg about this, but they're leagues better than a baseball bat for home defense for sure.

but for a shtf situation I'd prefer a good knife.
>>
>>414991

There's already a thread about this:

>>415706
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.