[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: sartre-camus[1].jpg (16 KB, 290x163) Image search: [Google]
sartre-camus[1].jpg
16 KB, 290x163
Who was right?
>>
Sartre had better ingredients, but he fucked everything up so incredibly bad.

There is a reason he is basically ignored in modern academia.

Camus is closer to self help than philosophy, but at least some of the things he said are useful and still meaningful.
>>
One didn't want to cloak the reality of the gulags from the west. What do you think?
>>
Camus by far

Sartre was a hack
>>
>instincts dont exist

Bravo Sartre, bravissimo.
>>
File: 1449990472096.jpg (59 KB, 473x312) Image search: [Google]
1449990472096.jpg
59 KB, 473x312
Dostoevsky
>>
Heidegger
>tfw no qt Being gf
>>
>>414929
Girlfriend really likes Heidegger, he's her favorite philosopher along with Ficthe, but I can't for the life of me understand what the fuck he's talking about.
>>
>>415104
Once you get how he uses language he is not that hard.
He is different, but not obfuscatory.

What parts are you having trouble with? I'm a bit of a Heidegger guy myself.
>>
>>415104
>I can't for the life of me understand what the fuck he's talking about.

That's probably why your girlfriend likes him
>>
>>415124
I can't understand any of it, pretty much. I tried to read Being and Time

>>415127
I guess that makes sense. She is a woman, after all.
>>
>>415104
Does she hate Jews and Jazz music too?
>>
>>415151
She likes free jazz because it "transcended jazz", but she hates all other jazz, rock and roll, hip hop, country, most kinds of music in general. She likes chants and hymns, and occasionally opera.

She hates modernist Jewish thought, except for Jewish existentialism. She also loves Buber and the Hebrew old testament (she's actually learning Hebrew because she found it so impressive in Hebrew), but she says Jewish thought is "generally corrosive and perhaps even driven by the fabled death drive."
>>
>>415175
I want to fuck your girlfriend
>>
>>415131
try reading his basic writings first. Jumping into being and time is a bit steep.

Do you read philosophy at all?

>>415175
fuck you got a keeper anon.
where the fuck did you meet such a god tier girl?
>>
>>415196
Which writings?

No, I don't read philosophy, I don't read a whole lot, to be perfectly honest. She's been getting me into Shakespeare by reading him to me, though, she's very expressive with the parts. But otherwise, I'm not an intellectual person.

Well...I met her by hitting her car, actually.
>>
>>415175
You better fucking step it up sempai. This is prime lady and you need to be worthy of her. You won't be able to replace her if she leaves. Read Kierkegaard and Nietzsche so you understand these concepts. Those are the foundational texts of Heidegger.
>>
>>414771
Neither.

Sartre gave the most retarded interpretation of Heidegger and Camus didn't read any of the people he critiqued.

Even Heidegger was wrong.
>>
>>415288
If you google "heidegger basic writings" you will find a little collection that is pretty good intro.

Although to be entirely honest if you don't read philosophy you should not start with Heidegger. Read some Nietzsche first to start getting your head into thinking differently first. N is easy and fun to read, but rewarding and the more you think about it the more you are rewarded.

Reading Heidegger with no background will just make you mad DESU
>>
>Sartre

Worst charlatan of history general?
>>
>>415386
>implying Camus' objective was to critic other philosophers
Confirmed for not understanding Absurdism.
>>
File: feel.gif (510 KB, 700x827) Image search: [Google]
feel.gif
510 KB, 700x827
>>415293
>I will never find myself reading new philosophers in order to be a better boyfriend and develop a fuller understanding of my gf
>I will never listen to hymns with my gf
Such is life.
>>
>>414771
Raymond Aron.
>>
>>415288
>No, I don't read philosophy, I don't read a whole lot, to be perfectly honest.

You should read more in general. I don't mean that to be preachy, just that reading is a skill which you can get better at like anything else.
>>
>>415175
your SO sounds a bit antisemetic, desu senpai
>>
>>414910
he was right about everything
>>
>>414771
My handsome boy Camus
>>
>>414771
Camus is on the right

Sartre is on the left

>tfw poet
>>
>>415293
living through women
top beta
>>
Pipes are objectively classier than cigarettes
>>
GET THIS HOTHEAD OUTTA HERE
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.