[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /his/ opinion on the "Ancient Aliens" theory?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: For what purpose.gif (32 KB, 751x527) Image search: [Google]
For what purpose.gif
32 KB, 751x527
What is /his/ opinion on the "Ancient Aliens" theory?

I just started watching the History Channel documentary;
>inb4 muh ancient aliens, historychannelfag
and Even if the theory seems nonsensical, it does raise some valid points - and highlights the vagueness surrounding the construction of so called "Ancient" constructions.
>>
>>414545
>it does raise some valid points
Like what?
>>
File: 200%.jpg (113 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
200%.jpg
113 KB, 497x732
So stupid it makes me rage every time.
>>
>>414545
>vagueness surrounding the construction of so called "Ancient" constructions

more easily explained by ayy lmao's?
>>
>>414550
How a construction like the pyramid was erected by a civilisation which supposedly did not even have the wheel, the purpose for passages that no human could fit through in the Great Pyramid of Giza - why there is no engravings of anything in that pyramid. There's just a massive technological gap between what they built, and what they were capable of actually constructing. It's like a remote tribe in Nigeria suddenly constructing a skyscraper.
>>
>>414552
I didn't say I was advocating the theory, I was asking for what the /his/ take was, and any substantial evidence that actually addressing some of the points they raise in favour of their ayy lmaos.
>>
>>414561
You forgot that no pharao has been found in his own pyramid. In the pyramid of djoser was girl buried, which is ca. 1000 years older than the pyramid should be.

Also, the pyramids of Gizeh are one of the oldest, if we can believe the official story, but they were never able, or just unwilling, to build such giants again.
>>
>>414561
So not logs, lubricated sleds any of the other techniques proved successful by experimental archaeology, but ancient ayy lmaos?
>>
>>414561
Pyramids are the simplest structures there are, second only to a mound. Pretty much every early culture built one or both of those things. All you need to make huge ones like the Egyptians did is a massive labour force and some basic engineering skills, both of which the Egyptians had. Remember that Egypt was an extremely centralized state with absolute power within its borders. They would have had no problem drawing a large workforce.

The pyramids, as with other gigantic constructions from early civilizations, are mostly just testaments to the power of the ruler. There's really nothing special about their structure or engineering.

As for other 'mysteries', most of them are either misrepresented or just plain made up. Watch 'ancient aliens debunked'. It's pretty long, but even just watching one episode should give you an idea of how full of shit that show is.
>>
>>414598
Some of the cuts made on the stones of the pyramid are simply impossible to have been made with the precision of that which is featured within the pyramids. And I'm not saying it couldn't be achieved through those means, but even with as many slaves as you can throw at at feat such as this - if you're supervising such a construction there must be a conveyer belt of activity. You can't just be sitting on your arse, waiting for the next shipment of stones to arrive from a voyage ranging to near 100km's away. If this is the case, one stone would need to be transported, cut, and placed every 20 seconds. Tell me how that is possible with that kind of technology, even if with a ridiculous number of workers.
>>
>>414618
Yeah, I'll take a look at that series. I'm just looking at Ancient Aliens because they cover some vague, and unique historical artifacts which I find interesting.
>>
>>414561
>a civilisation which supposedly did not even have the wheel,
What are chariots?
>>
>>414717
Funy little wagons that came much later.
>>
>>414722
Thanks anon, also check em.
>>
>>414623
Slaves building the pyramids is a meme. The builders were skilled craftsman getting paid.
>>
>>414717
But anon what about mesoamerican ziggurats?
>>
>>414561
>It's like a remote tribe in Nigeria suddenly constructing a skyscraper.
Not even close. There's zero evidence that pyramids need more than bronze age technology and a shitton of manpower to construct.
>>
File: Alien Conspiracy Theorist.jpg (91 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Alien Conspiracy Theorist.jpg
91 KB, 600x600
>>414545
The only sane bit of the Ancient Aliens theory is that Ancient cunts might have encountered Ayy Lmaos and interpreted them as their deities come to Earth. Unlike modern us who view them as non human civilizations with superior technology.

Beyond that and we're in the realm of tinfoilhattery.
>>
>>414561
if you'r really a society of dumb enough motherfuckers to not invent the wheel what better things do you have to do than make large piles of rocks?
>>
File: Egyptian-Chariot.jpg (68 KB, 590x399) Image search: [Google]
Egyptian-Chariot.jpg
68 KB, 590x399
>>414561
>what are thooose
>>
>>414561
no, it's nothing like building a skyscraper. putting stones in a big pile is very simple if you can be bothered to do it. there's just nothing to explain.
>>
File: 1435846474860.jpg (25 KB, 323x454) Image search: [Google]
1435846474860.jpg
25 KB, 323x454
>super advanced race of aliens who travel trough galaxies
>come to earth
>assemble stones in a desert
>>
>>415487

I've always liked the notion that any hypothetical aliens that came to Earth are their equivalent of drunken frat boys breaking some kind of reservation fence.

They're not supposed to be here, and they do dumb things because they think it's funny.
>>
>>414623
what about using the ole Egyptian triangle?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.