[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You wake up, you are now Guy of Lusignan, the Regent of the Jerusalemite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Guy.jpg (24 KB, 220x306) Image search: [Google]
Guy.jpg
24 KB, 220x306
You wake up, you are now Guy of Lusignan, the Regent of the Jerusalemite throne. The year is 1182, King Baldwin's health is declining. You have 5 years to prevent the capture of Jerusalem by Saladin and reclaim lost land, what do you do?
>>
>>413256
make sure that Barbarossa doesn't go for a swim, so that the 100,000 (One Hundred Thousand) [Multitudes more men than Saladin has in his army] stay for the fight.
>>
File: 1448456024002.jpg (116 KB, 900x549) Image search: [Google]
1448456024002.jpg
116 KB, 900x549
>>413256
Get the Pope to call a crusade into Egypt.
[spoiler]Got to stop those doom stacks.[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1447126541183.png (308 KB, 360x500) Image search: [Google]
1447126541183.png
308 KB, 360x500
>>413256
>Wake up as x, you must do y.

Is this the new version of

>I must unite x people under the x banner.
?
>>
>>413768
>Is this the new version of
>he's never seen "x" scenarios
First day on 4chan?
>>
>>413774
I have,

But I am specifically referring to the "You wake up as... "

"you have so long to defeat y"

This format is something I haven't seen until recently.
>>
>>413256
Take my forces out to the desert with out water because gods on my side.
>>
Convert to islam, then jihad against the crusade
>>
>>413256
Appeal to the Pope to threaten all Christian rulers who do not assist in the defense of Jerusalem with excommunication, attempt to convince any local religious minorities to help fight in the defense as well as disrupt Saladin's activities by promising them freedom to continue practicing their heathenry (outside of the actual holy city itself, obviously) after Jerusalem is successfully held.
>>
>>413468
Stop Baudolino and his gang from murdering him desu
>>
File: 1427942556413.png (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1427942556413.png
45 KB, 640x480
>>413256
So I assume you retain all knowledge from modern day life, right?

If so:
>Modernize into guns ASAP. Build an arsenal and push cartridge and gunpowder development while issuing single-shot falling block rifles with polygonal rifling.

>Focus on producing an heir. Sibylla wants teh codpiece. :)

>Assemble a squad of sharpshooters to harass Saladin personally. Hopefully they can assassinate him, which would fracture their powerbase.
>>
>>414462
This except have thousands of young redheads kidnapped from their homes to serve as the royal sperm bank.

Oh, and I'd probably settle for simple muzzle loaded firearms and artillery, at least in the short term until more complex production capabilities are created.
>>
>>414462
You have to build up metallurgy and gain access to Woortz steel just to be able to build a simple musket. That'll take you at least a century.
>Assainate Saladin, who's just a hired general of a major army.

You realize that the crusaders had just gotten accepted into decent society after behaving like retards (or Americans).
Not acting chivarous will get every emir to try to take you out, instead of trading with you.

>Are you 14 years old???
>>
>>413781
/his/ will give it more accuracy of course
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.