[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016-1 >not being polydeist What's your excuse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: galaxy2.jpg (628 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
galaxy2.jpg
628 KB, 1000x500
>2016-1
>not being polydeist
What's your excuse?
>>
File: girls_laughing.jpg (43 KB, 600x363) Image search: [Google]
girls_laughing.jpg
43 KB, 600x363
>and then he said he's a polydeist
>>
There is no heaven in polytheism, why spend your life kissing ass?
>>
>>413228
>implying I care what normalfag cumdumpsters think of me
>implying I will deny the truth to make idiots accept me
>>413230
I said polydeist, not polytheist.
>>
>>413301
Serious question: why are you a polydeist? What convinced you?
>>
>>413309
I am not exactly polydeist, but it describes my beliefs more accurately than any other word. This is why:
http://pastebin.com/LaSJY0CM
>>
>>413327
I believe pretty much the same thing, though the reasoning and concepts are a bit different. Panentheism ftw
>>
>>413340
Interesting, I hadn't heard the term panentheism before. It definitely seems better than pantheism.
>>
File: I don't think so.jpg (37 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
I don't think so.jpg
37 KB, 392x500
>>413327
How about you just explain what is the point of believing in multiple gods that don't even do shit to you. Whether you insult them or give them shit, they still don't care. The point of being a deist is the idea that a god had to create the universe, but he doesn't matter beyond that. How does that idea apply to multiple gods?
>>
>>413350
>the point
You clearly don't understand the concept of belief. It's not about having a point, it's not about obtaining something or getting anything out of it. Rather, it's what appears to be the most likely scenario to be the truth -- whether good, bad, or neutral.
>The point of being a deist is the idea that a god had to create the universe, but he doesn't matter beyond that.
Not really. That is what deism has been made out to be by theists but deists are not necessarily opposed to the possibility of God (or in the case of polydeism, gods) influencing the universe even now.
>>413350
>How does that idea apply to multiple gods?
The same way it would apply to a single god.
>>
>>413373
Okay, let me rephrase: one becomes a deist because they believe that there had to have been a Prime Mover, a first cause. Why would one believe that first cause was multiple independent entities?
>>
>>413377
Because it is clear that the universe is not a result of chance and there is no reason to believe that a responsible being is the only existant being of its type.
en.wikipedia.org/polydeism
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.