[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's is the best naval commander and why Michiel de Ruyter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 266px-Bol,_Michiel_de_Ruyter.jpg (15 KB, 266x305) Image search: [Google]
266px-Bol,_Michiel_de_Ruyter.jpg
15 KB, 266x305
Who's is the best naval commander and why Michiel de Ruyter?
>>
File: Roaring-Currents.jpg (142 KB, 630x418) Image search: [Google]
Roaring-Currents.jpg
142 KB, 630x418
>not Yi Sun-sin
>>
>Raid on the Medway
>>
Horatio Nelson
>>
That's not Horatio Nelson
>>
>>411466
>Muh battle of Trafalgar
>muh muh muh
>>
>>411397
I believe you have misspelled Horatio Nelson, Sir.
>>
>>411509
Take a look at >>411506
>>
>>411509
Michiel de Ruyter fought off the British, French and Spaniards for decades with great success
>>
Ofcourse its based Peter Wessel Tordenskjold
>>
Probably The Most Noble Lord Horatio Nelson, Viscount and Baron Nelson, of the Nile and of Burnham Thorpe in the County of Norfolk, Baron Nelson of the Nile and of Hilborough in the said County, Knight of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath, Vice Admiral of the White Squadron of the Fleet, Commander in Chief of his Majesty's Ships and Vessels in the Mediterranean, Duke of Bronté in the Kingdom of Sicily, Knight Grand Cross of the Sicilian Order of St Ferdinand and of Merit, Member of the Ottoman Order of the Crescent, Knight Grand Commander of the Order of St Joachim
>>
>>411632
>Muh British naval pride
>>
>>
>>411453
Granted, I'm American and only got a general overview of European history in high school, but when I learned about this in college, I was amazed I'd never heard of it before. Bretty gud, if you ask me.
>>
Suffren is based.
>>
>>411397
Blas de lezo
>>
>>411445
>>411666
>>411466
These.
>>
>>411445
Yi's movie was a lot better than Michiel's.
>>
>>411850
That's not a major accomplisment because the Dutch filmindustry is terrifyingly bad
>>
>>411632
>Muh Gin
>Muh Lash
>Muh Sodomy
>>
File: 1429924593494s.jpg (5 KB, 146x250) Image search: [Google]
1429924593494s.jpg
5 KB, 146x250
>>411632
>Brendan Fraser, Knight of the Most Honorable of JUST will never be as praised as Horatio Nelson
>>
>>411445
>>411469
>winning against people that thought navy was just a means of transport

Michiel fought ACTUAL navies
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.