[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would history play out if Muhammad never existed? Would the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Justinian555AD.png (195 KB, 2111x1144) Image search: [Google]
Justinian555AD.png
195 KB, 2111x1144
How would history play out if Muhammad never existed? Would the Roman Empire ever reestablish itself in the west?
>>
It's entirely possible, but that always depends on the emperors. With Egypt and the fertile crescent in their hands, they'd have the funds to expand back into France and Spain eventually.

It'd certainly change things massively in the Balkans and Middle East though. They'd likely remain Christian to this day, and without the Arabs bringing a swift end to them, they'd have the resources to continue to dominate everything south of the Danube. They'd be in better shape to fight the Bulgars and Slavic invaders, perhaps incorporate them into the empire fully, and then we wouldn't have all of the stupid bullshit like Serbia's pan-Slavic movement sparking WWI and not Muslims in Europe.
>>
>>411088

>the balkans

The balkans are and have been mostly christian m80 troughout history.

Otherwise a pretty good post.
>>
>>410962
I have some bad news for you; Turks will still come.

It was internal population pressure that threw them out in waves from the Steppes to begin with.

Maybe this time, as Buddhist, Tengrists, and Nestorian Christians.
>>
>>410962

Unlikely. The Plague of Justinian severly weakened the Empire. I forgot the figures but something like a fourth of the Roman empires population died.

Meanwhile, the Franks were growing stronger and the ever aggressive german tribes made sure that whatever successes Byzantium had in Italy were short lived.

Rome conquered the Mediteranean with huge armies. Byzantium could never muster huge armies.
>>
>>411125

You talk about the turks as if their victory was inevitable. Truth is, the Turks had a very capable leader that had a huge stroke of luck at Manzikert and who had warriors fueled by religious fervor. In OP's scenario Turks would be a bit of an wild card.
>>
>>411193
>Truth is, the Turks had a very capable leader that had a huge stroke of luck at Manzikert and who had warriors fueled by religious fervor.
The Turks are the most casual of Muslims, m8.

Not to mention, you just mentioned the Seljuks, who were VERY Recent converts.
>>
>>410962
They still had slavmongols and persians on their plate
>>
They would have found some reason to galvanize and unite. Either Zoroastrianism or ancient Assyrian unity.
>>
>>410962
They would have still declined and Mongols would eventually come anyway. Instead of being Muslims they'd be Tengriist/Daoist.
>>
>>410962
Not probably. The religious issue in Syria and Egypt was still unresolved.
>>
The plague of Justinian ruined everything. I blame him for being a headless demon kekhold!
>>
Theyre fuckin people who live in a desert with nothing but goats and hairy women to keep them company. Meanwhile they have to watch other people in nice parts of the world do magnificent shit and not get sand in their urethra at the same time.

Middle easterners were never not going to be a problem.
>>
>>411323
>hairy women

this fucking meme, arabs keep it shaved
>>
File: 1190.gif (21 KB, 861x671) Image search: [Google]
1190.gif
21 KB, 861x671
You still have the Sassanians to deal with as well.
>>
>>411530
Are you implying that arab women are not harier than say east asians or sub saharan africans
>>
>>411570
Yeah they both were fucked beyond belief by the last war and all the plagues. Honestly, I do believe another aspiring power could take advantage of the situation if the muslims didn't. What made the muslims impressive is the fact that after winning they permanently changed the culture of entire middle eat which harder to do than conquering it.
>>
>>411570
>territory annexed

The Persians raided them for like 2 years in the early 7th century, that hardly counts. What a shitty map.
>>
>>414633
>perpetual military garrisons
>"raiding"
>>
If only Rome continued. I would be having my dick sucks by my house slave while I post my animus.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.