[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battle of Nicopolis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Овнешката_битка.jpg (23 KB, 300x261) Image search: [Google]
Овнешката_битка.jpg
23 KB, 300x261
What would you have done to win this battle against the Turks?
>>
Surrender myself to the turk and embrace islam
>>
>>410313
this 2bh fām
>>
>>410319
>>410313
what shamefurr disgrrrraces
>>
>>410293
Actually let the Wallachians be the avant-garde, instead of yielding to French arrogance. One time in history do Hungarians and Romanians agree upon something and the fucking frogs ruin it.
>>
File: Shah Suleiman.jpg (37 KB, 230x297) Image search: [Google]
Shah Suleiman.jpg
37 KB, 230x297
>>410293
Turncoat to the turkish side knowing that turkish victory was imminent anyways and be made a Pasha. Enjoy the rest of my life in a palace with hookah and harem girls
>>
Oh man, can't believe that Gaddafi was right
>>
File: islam is a religion of peace.webm (3 MB, 720x334) Image search: [Google]
islam is a religion of peace.webm
3 MB, 720x334
>>410313
>>410319
>>
>>410293
>Mircea of Wallachia suggested a battle plan in which the Wallachian foot soldiers with experience in battles with Turks, would be sent in the first attack to meet the Turk vanguard, which was usually a poorly armed militia normally used for pillage but was used in battles to tire opponents before they met better quality Turkish forces. Sigismund claimed that this vanguard was not worthy of the attention of knights. Sigismund proposed that, once the shock of first clash had passed, the French form the front line to rush in, while the Hungarians and the other allies followed to support the attack and keep the sipahis (Turkish cavalry) from sweeping around the crusaders' flanks.

French and hungarian cvucks got fucked up because they refused the help of the only ruler capable to send the turks back in their shitty steppes.

In the end of the day, the wallachians returned to their homes without fighting.
>>
>>412089
Read again, Hungarians were actually ok with the plan.
>>
>>412102
Yeah, but the hungarians got cvcked too, altough not as hard as the french.

>. Convinced to flee, Sigismund and the Master managed to escape by fisherman's boat to the Venetian ships in the Danube

T O P C V C K
O
P

C
V
C
K
>>
>>410293

Enlist the help of the Serbs. Everyone knows that Serbia Strong and will remove kebab.
>>
>French cavalry led by Jean Boucicaut get fucked by Ottomans behind stakes in 1396
>French cavalry led by Jean Boucicaut get fucked by Englishmen behind stakes in 1415
It's like poetry
>>
>>410371
>early ottoman empire
>hookah and harem girls

Pick one.
>>
>>413759
i mean.. did they not?
>>
>>413787
That came later
>>
>>413787
They were half nomadic warriors by that time.
>>
>>413787
At this point they were basically mongols with delusions of Persianhood
>>
>>414599
The ottomans did have some identity crises being the frontier between christianity and islam.
>>
>>414605
Just like modern turks have today lol
>>
>>412175
>>412175
They are the ones who helped the Ottomans, though.
>>
>>410293
surreptitiously delay the impetuous western european knights, allowing the more experienced balkans troops to form up and begin sparring with the ottomans first, I would then lead the europeans around to the flanks and let them go
>>
>>410293
Listened to Balkan people when fighting against Ottomans.

Still; Lads managed to rout everything of the Ottoman army besides the reserve.
>>
Serbs working for kebab.
>>
>>410293
The western troops should have come in 1393 when Shishman was still there and could have helped them and not 3 years later. Stratsimir should have assisted in the battle as well (as well in 1393). By the time of the battle Vidin was still under Bulgarian rule.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.