[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Going to church like a good Catholic like any other day >Finally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: 95-theses-luther.jpg (58 KB, 700x524) Image search: [Google]
95-theses-luther.jpg
58 KB, 700x524
>Going to church like a good Catholic like any other day
>Finally get there
>See this

Wat do?
>>
I'd be pretty pissed off if someone nailed 95 Feces to a church door desu.
>>
>Catholics

Pay indulgences
>>
>>40965
lynch the heretic
>>
>>40965
*BRAAAAAAAAP*
>>
File: 1442371546595.png (174 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1442371546595.png
174 KB, 499x499
>>40965
Remove corrupt paptists, of course
>>
Inquistion

Deus lo vult
>>
>>40965
Why do I care? I can't read.

Now if only that jackass would move desu
>>
>>40965
Why are there Africans in op's pic?
>>
>I don't know if this fucking dude is right or not, I can't read Latin.
>>
>>41052
Lutherians and Calvinists kill yourselves
>>
kill the heretic to stop the schism and eventual degeneration of Christianity

modern day protestants are literally not even christian
>>
>>40965
It was common practice in Early Modern Germany to use the church door as a public bulletin board. Really, Luther didn't really do anything out of the ordinary here, expect of course start the Continental Protestant Reformation.
>>
File: kraut.jpg (38 KB, 300x478) Image search: [Google]
kraut.jpg
38 KB, 300x478
>>40965
"Fucking Germans"
>>
>>40965
They couldn't read so what would it matter?
>>
Wonder how the fuck he is nailing something into glass and then call a witchhunt
>>
>>41099

Kek
>>
File: Orthodoxcross.png (8 KB, 618x1000) Image search: [Google]
Orthodoxcross.png
8 KB, 618x1000
>>40965
Question why I'm a heretic and then convert to Orthodoxy.
>>
>>40965
Since I can't read, I'll just go into church.
>>
>>42672
Have you never seen a church before?
>>
File: Ps. 74-22.jpg (91 KB, 250x325) Image search: [Google]
Ps. 74-22.jpg
91 KB, 250x325
>>40965
Get the Inquisition to Burn the Heresiarch Luther,for condemning hundrends of Souls to Hell!
>>
>>40965
>go home
>make love to my wife
>get divorced
>marry a goat
>>
Be in Poland, because fuck Germans
>>
OH GEE WHIZ I GUESS THERE'S NOTHING TO BE DONE HERE BUT CAUSE ANOTHER FUCKING SCHISM
>>
Hey, this guy is literally going to ruin the Western World.

Should we stop him or something?
>>
>>40965

>Play with my rosaries
>Mumble "Hail Mary" thousands of times throughout the day

Thy will be done.
>>
"You expect me to read all that? I can't even read."
>>
File: Group 2.png (612 KB, 538x606) Image search: [Google]
Group 2.png
612 KB, 538x606
>>40965
Burn Heretic.
>>
>>41099
Pic related: He was wrong. He was so so wrong.
>>
>>48699
my Early Modern Europe professor in grad school (who was an atheist) called Luther a sloppy theologian.
>>
>>41086
Bad lighting.
>>
>>49550
Apparently he took a lot of the positions he did because he got backed into a corner by clerics in debates and didn't want to agree with Catholic teaching.
>>
Scribble rude comments underneath.
>>
>>40965
>man I sure wish I could read that thing he's hammering
>his haircut looks so dumb lol
>damn it feels good to be a peasant
>i think I'll fuck my sheep later
>>
>>48699
Luther was right in everything. Especially his book 'On the Jews and their Lies'.
>>
>>50330
lol. He was right about that. He wasn't right to destroy the west.
>>
>>50330
Luther’s view of religion, as an essentially subjective and private quest over which the state had no jurisdiction, was the foundation of modern secular society
>>
>>40965
>Wat do?

Kill them all, Johnny. Kill them all.
>>
>>50877
Zarathustra was bumpin that same tune like two thousand years before Luther
>>
>>51042
Pity the gnostics didnt have an armed state to protect their religion
>>
>>50076
He had to drive the people away from the Church so he wouldn't just become a Catholic with no followers.

Luther is characterized by his flip flopping.

You can see it in his position on the Jews which went from being more lenient than contemporary Catholics to being near genocidal after a few years.

He also advocated the free interpretation of the Bible then got pissed off at other sects under other reformers started interpreting things differently than he did.

I guess never thinking that anyone would disagree with him was the defining feature of his character.

He thought the Jews would convert if he was kind, never even considering that the Jews liked being Jewish; he thought the Catholic Church would just agree with him and change its ways, and he thought that every other reformer would interpret the bible as he did.
>>
>>51274
Yeah Luther really did seem like a prick. Like his reaction over Zwingli's death, gloating basically and saying it proved him right on the lord's supper.
>>
File: witches.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
witches.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>>40965
Wonder where I took a wrong turn, because this certainly isn't the cave where the heresy happens.
>>
>>52030
That and his absolutely childish back and forth with Thomas Moore and Henry VIII.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.