[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinion on Africa?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8
File: afr_web.png (9 KB, 431x350) Image search: [Google]
afr_web.png
9 KB, 431x350
Opinion on Africa?
>>
>>40963
Bring back Rhodesia, Hallie Selassie, Europeans, and/or Carthage
>>
Somalia BTFO
>>
>>40963
Worried desu. theres going to be 3 billion people there by the end of the century and chimps, rinos, lions and other animals might face extinction
>>
>>40963
needs more civilization and less pirates
>>
Shitty continent
>>
>>40963
This thread has no historical slant to it, with you using a picture of Africa that even has modern borders. Please add one or your thread may be deleted by a janitor and/or moderator, and rightfully so.
>>
>>40963
It's where the genus Homo comes from
>>
>>40963
Politically and economically fucked, but its people on the small scale are pretty alright.
>>
It's very African
>>
>>40968
this desu
>>
File: 56095862_b1e62aaca3.jpg (117 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
56095862_b1e62aaca3.jpg
117 KB, 500x375
>>40963
Cradle of fucking civilization
>>
Sad how desperately poor it is, and how no one cares when the shit governments there do brutal atrocities. At least some parts look on the way up these days.
>>
>>40968
Fuck Carthage
>>
>>41053
Cradle of mankind, not of civilization
>>
It's an entire continent, bruh, you'll have to be more specific.
>>
>>41116
Egypt was still one of the earliest cradles
>>
>>41060
>Sad how desperately poor it is
That's the thing though, it really isn't. Europe didn't colonize the continent because they just wanted more places to put their flags. It's got tons of natural resources.

The lack of stability in the region, which exists for many reasons, is its biggest limitation.
>>
>>41194
When one talks about Africa, one usually refers to subsaharan africa.
>>
>>40963
>there's a qt Nilotic girl on campus with legs longer than her torso and skin the color of dark chocolate

Africa's alright in my book.
>>
>>41381
Then stop making retarded assumptions. Egypt is as much a part of Africa as Greece is European
>>
>>41412
>Then stop making retarded assumptions. Egypt is as much a part of Africa as Greece is European
Not really.

I'd say that egypt is as much part of Africa as the central african republic is of southern europe.
>>
>>41053
DON'T DROP THAT SHIT

PRAY TO GOD YOU DON'T DROP THAT SHIT
>>
>>41465
>on the African continent
>isn't African

ok
>>
>>41465
Egypt is part of Africa.
>>
>>41276

Natural resources do little good when they don't reach the people - compare Equatorial Guinea's GDP to its HDI. The place could be a first world country and instead it's North Korea tier.
>>
>>40963
They were monarchs and feces.
>>
File: mz[1].png (104 KB, 2560x1707) Image search: [Google]
mz[1].png
104 KB, 2560x1707
>>40963
They have some pretty neat flags.
>>
File: Africa_satellite_orthographic.jpg (535 KB, 1624x1824) Image search: [Google]
Africa_satellite_orthographic.jpg
535 KB, 1624x1824
>>41496
There's this little thing called the Sahara m8
>>
>>41544
Which is part of Africa
>>
>>41568
You don't undertand, it's European because it was civilized earlier than Europe.
>>
>>41116
You do realize that that's a quote from a fucking Chappelle Show skit, so it doesn't matter?
>>
>>41568
I don't know if you're being deliberately obtuse or if you're just of very low intelligence.

North Africa and sub saharan africa are two very distinct geographical regions, with absolutely nothing in common. When one says "Africa", one usually refers to sub saharan africa. Otherwise, one says "north africa".

Have you understood, or do I need to repeat myself again?
>>
>>40963
Plagued (literally) by historical problems, but I'm hopeful for it's future. A self-sustainable, successful Africa would be a dream come true.
>>
>>41528
Sure, but to me it is like being poor while living in a house made of solid gold.

It's really a big can of worms.
>>
>>41672
>North Africa and sub saharan africa are two very distinct geographical regions
Regions of AFRICA. Is English your first language?
>>
>>41672
It's Africa desu senpai
>>
>>41689
>Regions of AFRICA.
So fucking what? France and China are both part of the shared Eurasian landmass, should Europe and East Asia be considered one?

Use your brain for once (I know it's hard for you but make an effort).

>>41725
Just about as much as South Korea is european.
>>
>>41672
I bet you also think that there are two Americas, right?
>>
>>41773
Senpai, you must have a learning disorder desu.
Fucking use YOUR brain for once baka
>>
>>41544
So then North Africa isn't Africa either anon.
>>
>>41676
South African Republic can't even get their farms running, who the fuck are you kidding?
>>
>>41773
They're both part of Eurasia, yes. So when you say "Eurasia", you're referring to all of them. You can't just say "Britain isn't in Eurasia", then turn around and say "EVERYONE KNOWS EURASIA ONLY MEANS MAINLAND EUROPE AND ASIA" like a faggot.
>>
>>41773
Continents, how do they work?
>>
>>41785
Of course there are.

>>41803
Kill yourself, weeb

>>41805
Indeed it isn't. It's north africa. A region of its own.
>>
>>41773
This might clear it up for you https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa
>>
>>41884
Senpai you're not very smart desu
I think you might just be pulling my leg baka
>>
>>41884
>A region of its own.
A region within Africa

This is like saying Scandinavia isn't European because it's a region of it's own
>>
>>41884
>It's north africa
and therefore it's africa
>>
>>41907
Do you also sleep with an anime pillow?

>>41928
There's cultural and racial continuity between Scandinavia and the rest of Europe.

The Sahara desert was as big a barrier as the atlantic ocean. To lump in subsaharan africa with north africa is to show incredible ignorance.

But then you're americans. You probably struggle to put the continent of Africa on a map.
>>
>>41945
>Africa being used to refer to the whole continent is the worst case of cultural appropriation I can think of.
Congratulations 4chan, you've killed me.
>>
File: 1361422018590.jpg (82 KB, 676x1000) Image search: [Google]
1361422018590.jpg
82 KB, 676x1000
Here's a compromise:
Everything north of, and including the historical Garamanitan lands is Africa., as in the Province of Africa/Kingdom of Africa. Everything south of that, including the traditional Tuareg lands, is Aethiopia. This is nomenclature that has historical precedent and is related to the modern terms similarly to how "Asia" referring to Asia Minor and the Middle-Eastern mainland came to be applied to that entire massive landmass that may or may not be the same continent as Europe.

Please stop fighting.
>>
>>41981
>The Sahara desert was as big a barrier as the atlantic ocean.
That still didn't stop domesticated plants to come from Eurasia into sub-Saharan Africa and from sub-Saharan African cultures, like Ethiopia, from interacting with the rest of the world. So even with your retarded premise you're wrong.

>To lump in subsaharan africa with north africa is to show incredible ignorance.
Basic geography, or do they not have those classes there? There's only one African continent. Or do you think north Australia and south Australia a separate continent because of the giant desert between them?
>>
I think what >>41981 here is trying to say is that North Africans and South ones are as different as Japs and Arabs, so it's dumb to group them together, albeit in a retarded and alien way.
Correct?
>>
>>41981
>cultural and racial continuity between Scandinavia and the rest of Europe.
And there isn't with Egypt and the rest of Africa? They traded with/conquered/were conquered by plenty of black tribes to the south.
>>
>>41981
>The Sahara desert was as big a barrier as the atlantic ocean
Especially since it was smaller, regularly traversed by the indigenous people, and easily gone around by land and sea.
>>
>>42135
No one's saying they aren't different, but they're both still a part of Asia.
>>
>>42135
Finally someone who understands.

>>42088
>There's only one African continent.
Jesus, you have serious mental issues, don't you? I'm not denying that Africa is a continuous landmass comprising both north africa and subsaharan africa. I'm saying it's fucking stupid to group both considering they are completely alien.

>>42140
>And there isn't with Egypt and the rest of Africa? T
There isn't.

>They traded with/conquered/were conquered by plenty of black tribes to the south.
They were conquered a single time by a nubian dynasty (nubians aren't even blacks, they're hamitic. Clockmed is a nubian).
>>
>>42158
>regularly traversed by the indigenous people,
Nice meme.
>>
>>42196
Egypt had trade connections all the way down to the Horn of Africa dumbass
>>
File: 1440964804401.png (67 KB, 232x252) Image search: [Google]
1440964804401.png
67 KB, 232x252
>>40963
Great potential, natural recources
Unfortunately a lot of stupid people live there.
Here's what Che wrote about Africans:
>"The blacks, those magnificent examples of the African race who have maintained their racial purity thanks to their lack of an affinity with bathing, have seen their territory invaded by a new kind of slave: the Portuguese."
"The black is indolent and a dreamer; spending his meager wage on frivolity or drink; the European has a tradition of work and saving, which has pursued him as far as this corner of America and drives him to advance himself, even independently of his own individual aspirations."
>>
>>42196
>I'm saying it's fucking stupid to group both considering they are completely alien.
But lumping all of sub-Saharan Africa together in the first place isn't an issue at all? Lumping Benin, Mali, Kongo, Zulu, and Ethiopia into one continent is perfectly fine, but add Egypt and it's a problem?
>>
>>42295
Yes. They is racial and cultural continuity throught subsaharan africa.

>inb4 but but it's so diverse!
It's really not.
>>
>>42361
>It's really not.
It really is. If you're going by "muh racial groups" then it's relevant that Africa has the majority of human diversity. The Somali and the Khoisan are more distantly related than the Koreans and Polish.

If you're arguing about "muh culture", then Ethiopia, Nubia/Sudan, and Somalia have much , much more in common and cultural history with Egypt than with the Zulu or Kongo.
>>
File: 1429480415113.jpg (338 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1429480415113.jpg
338 KB, 1024x576
>>42429
>The Somali and the Khoisan are more distantly related than the Koreans and Polish
Not even him but could you sprout out a more bullshit fact?
>>
>>42429
>It really is. If you're going by "muh racial groups" then it's relevant that Africa has the majority of human diversity.
Not the diversity you're thinking of.

They have "diversity" because their differentiation into various tribes started a lot of earlier.

>The Somali and the Khoisan are more distantly related than the Koreans and Polish.
You're being disingenous. Khoisan are not bantus, which constitute 99% of subsaharan africans, and somalis are half-caucasoids.

>If you're arguing about "muh culture", then Ethiopia, Nubia/Sudan, and Somalia have much , much more in common and cultural history with Egypt than with the Zulu or Kongo.
Well obviously, all the horner civilizations were started by semites crossing the red sea.
>>
>>42484
Genetically speaking, he's correct. Keep in mind that east asians and europes diverged only 50kyears ago. The Khoisans diverged from the rest of humanity 130ky ago.
>>
>>42484
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/30/AR2009043002485.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-30318291

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18593304

Tell me more about how your Associates in Shitposting from 4chanU makes you an expert on this.
>>
>>42524
>They have "diversity" because their differentiation into various tribes started a lot of earlier.
That's... how the definition of genetic and even cultural diversity works. Groups separated longer ago are more distantly related to each other than groups more recently separated.
>>
>>42546
Literally none of the articles you linked backed up your claim that Somalis and Khoisan are more distantly related than Koreans and Polish.
If you were speaking linguistically, then you're right, but definitely not genetically.
Furthermore, the second article you linked has the fucking line
>However, the researchers also found that there were more genetic similarities across Africa than they had thought.
so you're full of bullshit
>>
>>42629
>That's... how the definition of genetic and even cultural diversity works
Except that they're not really that diverse in terms of race or culture (they are all of bantu stock) once you factor out the khoisan/pygmies and other remnants of the pre-bantu expansion population
>>
>>42702
This just in from 4chan, Europe has no diversity because it's dominated by Indo-European stock
>>
>>42685
They back up my claims that Africa has the most diversity of the species. The Khoisan in particular have been separated from other populations longer than a lot of continents have even been inhabited.
>>
>>42735
You're right, Europe has barely any racial and cultural diversity.

If a frenchman went to live in London, he'd have less trouble adapting to his surroundings than if he went to Arabia or China (of course we're talking about pre-globalization Arabia and China)
>>
>>42702
So are the Khoisan and Pygmies also part of a separate region from Africa?
>>
>>42785
>Europe has barely any racial and cultural diversity.
Nevermind, this is a bait thread, guys. Last one out shut the lights.
>>
>>42770
I don't refute that fact, since I know it's true, I'm merely calling you on that "more different than the poles and the korean" comparison.
If you were being serious then you're a fucking retard and if you were just exaggerating for emphasis you're still retarded because it's a stupid comparison
>>
>>42801
Yes. You wouldn't consider native americans and americans of european descent to be one and the same, now would you?

>>42842
Are you honestly claiming that Europe is racially diverse? What's next, Japan is racially diverse?
>>
File: 1445748464697.jpg (207 KB, 1200x1524) Image search: [Google]
1445748464697.jpg
207 KB, 1200x1524
>>42851
>>42685
>>
>>42899
>You wouldn't consider native americans and americans of european descent to be one and the same, now would you?
No but they still live in (wow!) America, meaning they are a part of the same fucking continent.

>Europe isn't diverse
Can Americans just be auto-IP banned?
>>
>>42930
But does that table account for genetic drift, or is just an origin of each race and subrace table?
>>
>>42982
>No but they still live in (wow!) America, meaning they are a part of the same fucking continent.
So when analyzing history, you'd lump in native americans and european settlers in America as the same? You wouldn't draw any distinction?

>Can Americans just be auto-IP banned?
Je suis français, crétin.
>>
>>43117
They still live in America, the geographic region. AKA what's been talked about from the very fucking beginning, since Africa is a single geographic area with many different regions, regardless of who or what lives on it.

>Je suis français, crétin.
Nice Google Translate work
>>
>>42930
>based space seed dogons
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.