[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Your king didn't create the greatest written language
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Sejong.png (212 KB, 299x340) Image search: [Google]
Sejong.png
212 KB, 299x340
>Your king didn't create the greatest written language of all time
Sucks to be you guys
>>
>>40929

>It's so great the masses need a simplified version of it to have any hope of writing for a living
>>
>>40964
You're thinking of the Chinese, anon.

The man in OP knew Chinese characters were shit.
>>
>>40964
It's Korean you idjit.
>>
File: RAF.gif (2 MB, 328x268) Image search: [Google]
RAF.gif
2 MB, 328x268
>>40929

>ching chong chinaman and the greatest language of all time
>>
>>40929
>wanting dirty commoners to read

Even a dirty foreigner like me could learn to sound out korean.
>>
>>42488
Oh, I know. I did it. It's great, I don't know why other cultures didn't do a similar thing.
>>
>>40975
Traditional Chinese is patrician-tier and kept the plebs illiterate. Korean is for the unwashed masses.
>>
>>42488
That was the point. Hangul alphabet was created to be learned in one day.
>>
>>42630
That's a bad thing, you idiot. You want to be able to convey the most information to the most people possible. Keeping people from learning shit was a big reason why everything sucked for most of humanity's existence.
>>
>>42794
>China, Japan, Korea had been using Trad Chinese characters for millenia.
>China, Japan have no problems using it for popular instruction. Besides its good for bureaucracy (specially in Multilingual China).
>Both Edo Japan and China ran schools based on teaching it
>Korea has problems with it
Why is Korea such a middle child of East Asia t-b-h
>>
>>42630
That was one of the many reasons that China became stagnant and let the european states take the lead.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.