[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Underrated histories desu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: can.png (50 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
can.png
50 KB, 200x300
Underrated histories desu
>>
I have always wondered what its like to be completely irrelevant.
>>
Australia has interesting stories and historical figures, so does New Zealand

Canada however is completely irredeemable
>>
>>408697
>Canada however is completely irredeemable

Canadian here
Wouldn't say COMPLETELY irredeemable but the history is very, very boring

>muh railroads
>muh beaver pelts
>muh Quebec complaining
>muh Natives (didn't even wage war, just got them to sign off their land with treaties)

Our involvement in World War I was the high point
Also Louis Riel was interesting, started one of (actually two of) the rare rebellions we've had
>>
the french ruined canada, but without quebec yanks probably would have steamrolled us and we would never have been a country anyways
>>
>>408785
There are quite a few interesting stories in the history of Canada and stuff that's happened.

>Literally not watching Canada: A People's History
>>
>>408804
hah, we don't need any outside group to do that
we're perfectly willing to do that to ourselves.
>>
>>408785
>didn't even wage war, just got them to sign off their land with treaties

that's so canadian
>>
>>408818
I fucking hate Canadian history. its boring as fuck, it only gets exciting during World War One and thats also kind of because our shovels and guns were autistic as shit.
>>
>>408849
>muh vimy!
harpervision got to you, m8
>>
the maori wars are pretty interesting tbqh
>>
Canadian history is the lamest shit. My ancestors came here, beat baguette c u c k s and snow niggers and felt so bad about it we've been keked ever since.
>>
>>408844
What the brit empire tried to do a lot. See new Zealand and the Indian principalities
>>
>>408688
>Remain under British control.
>Boring histories
Thats why.
>>
>>408688
>cukstamped country and a fucking LEAF

LMAOing @ you're "history"
>>
>>408697
Québec has some interesting history
>>
>>408688

It's hard to underrate something that barely exists, let's wait a few more centuries and then something interesting might have happened that can be filed under strictly AUS/NZ/CAN history instead of mostly or completely British history.
>>
>>408688
They all are basically the USA without a war of independence and the media production.
>>
>>408853
>implying canadians have only been glorifying vimy for 90 years because of stephen fucking harper
I bet you voted for mulcair too
>>
>A FUCKING LEAF
>>
Every great empire that nobody thinks about
>>
>>410236
>>>/int/
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.