[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hamburg zoo animals put to use after the war Can we get some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: hambzooelep.jpg (50 KB, 542x262) Image search: [Google]
hambzooelep.jpg
50 KB, 542x262
Hamburg zoo animals put to use after the war

Can we get some rare pictures or documents ITT?
>>
“The elephants gave spine-chilling screams. Their house was still standing but an explosive bomb of terrific force had landed behind it, lifted the dome of the house, turned it round, and put it back on again... The baby cow elephant was lying in the moat on her back with her legs helplessly reaching up toward the sky, suffering severe stomach injuries unable to move. The hippopotamuses were drowned when debris pinned them to the bottom of their water basin. In the ape house, a gibbon reached out to the trainer, only bloody stumps left of its arms. Nearly forty rhesus monkeys escaped to the trees but were dead by the next day from drinking water polluted by the incendiary chemicals. The next day, a U.S. aircraft pilot flew in low, firing at anything he could see was still alive... In this way, our last giraffe met her death. Many stags and others animals which we had saved became victims of this hero.”
>>
Fun fact, there were elephant species native to North Africa and the Middle East but bronze age humans drove them to extinction.
>>
>>543995
Very interesting
>>
>>544003
Man we really suck at keeping things alive.
>>
>>544058
tell me the use of the Dodo tho

Elephants can be use for war and food
>>
>>544058
Humans didn't realize they could actually have an impact on the world until relatively recently. It never occurred to humans that if enough people hunt an animal for long enough there won't be any animal left. Now we understand just how powerful we really are.
>>
File: woolly-mammoth-yuka.jpg (272 KB, 1200x801) Image search: [Google]
woolly-mammoth-yuka.jpg
272 KB, 1200x801
>>544058

mammoth clone when
>>
>>544058
Our expanding niche(s) consumed theirs

and it was delicious

On a more positive note, we also made the European lion extinct. Fuck those guys. I hope Brown Bears go soon as well.
>>
>>544078
they are too normie IMO
.. I want Mastadons.
>>
>>544074
>tell me the use of the Dodo tho

A food source
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.