[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOLY BIBLE THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: bible-02.jpg (2 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
bible-02.jpg
2 MB, 3888x2592
>What's your favorite verse(s)?
>What's your favorite book of the Bible?
>What book of the Bible are you reading right now?
>How often do you read your Bible?
>Has anything you read recently changed your life or the way you think? If so what did you read and how did it affect you?
>>
Favourite verse: I am the way, the truth and the life.
Favourite book: Jonah
Currently reading: Samuel 2
Read the bible every second day or so.
Was reading proverbs a few days ago and found myself conflicted, should I follow instruction and gain wisdom, or keep my pride. Seems simple when it is laid out before you, but pride is a tough cookie to swallow.
>>
>>540277
Post it on /lit/ son. But I'll play (not in order though).
>Has anything you read recently changed your life or the way you think? If so what did you read and how did it affect you?

When I realized Archaeology did not correlated with it what it said, and looked into plagiarism it got from Mesopotamian myths I realized it was full of shit and the Bible made me an atheist. Though I don't debate it much, so If you are a believer god-bless I care not, and If you want to debate the validity of it debate with the scholars and archaeologists, not me.

All pauline works desu
>I see jeeeezuz in my dreams respect mah authoritah
What a guy, no wonder early apostlest didn't liked him much.

Beginning of Ecclesiastes, Vanity of Vanities all is vanity.

I don't. I'm reading Origen though

I like to read more about Church Fathers than Bible only but while reading the Church Fathers you consult to Bible naturally.
>>
File: sssssss.gif (426 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
sssssss.gif
426 KB, 400x480
>>540277
>>What's your favorite verse(s)?

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
- Mt 10:16

>>What's your favorite book of the Bible?

Psalms.

>>What book of the Bible are you reading right now?

2 Chronicles

>>How often do you read your Bible?

I try to read it everyday but I miss some here and there.

>>Has anything you read recently changed your life or the way you think? If so what did you read and how did it affect you?

My pastor preached on Philippians this morning and he did a really amazing job communicating Paul's holy attitude towards his captivity in Rome. Rather being discouraged by his imprisonment, Paul rejoiced because it was an opportunity to demonstrate his willingness to suffer for Christ's sake.
>>
>>540277

"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." - 1 Corinthians 10:13

“The day of the Lord is near for all nations. As you have done, it will be done to you; your deeds will return upon your own head." - Obadiah 1:15

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28

My top three are John, Romans, and Obadiah

Judges

I try to read 2-3 chapters every day.
>>
>>540277
>What's your favorite verse
Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, "Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!" When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number

Revelation
Revelation
Every time i come back from church
I realized jesus is coming back very soon. Guys i'm fucking serious he is coming back soon OK everyone else who said it before was wrong but not me.
>>
>>540277

>1 Corinthians 13
>Ecclesiastes
>Ecclesiastes
>Barely ever
>I've been recommended Chesterton's Orthodoxy so I'm going to read that. I'm also reading a Sufi text which is pretty based.

I'm agnostic for what it's worth
>>
>>540277

1 Kings 12, 10-11

>And the young men that had grown up with him spoke to him, saying" Thus you should say to the people that complained to you, saying 'your father made our yoke heavy, but lighten it for us' you should say to them 'My littlest finger is thicker than my father's penis"

>And while my father burdened you with a heavy yoke, I will ad to your yoke, my father beat you with whips, but I will beat you with scorpions.

Deuteronomy

Jonah.

Daily

I was giving a small interfaith lecture, and I was giving a bit of a Hebrew lesson, and today we were talking about the Garden of Eden,and how the same root word, עָרוּם is used to describe both the cunning of the serpent and the nakedness of Adam and Eve in the immediately preceding verse, and talking about how the nakedness of the snake implies stuff.

Anyway, this one woman pulls me aside after the lesson, and asks if it works the other way, that the man and his wife were cunning and didn't realize it, not having the capacity or experience to really understand the consequences of their intellect. And I mean, it fit, it actually felt stupidly obvious, but I had never noticed/thought of it before.
>>
>inb4 that edgelord who posts Leviticus as his favorite book
>>
1st Corinthians Chapter 13, verse 11.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things
>>
>>542590
Nice
>>
Proverbs 14:15
>>
>>540277
Currently reading the Book of Psalms and the New Testament by Mark.

Favourite ones are the 5 books of Moses but mostly Genesis, and I think that Matthew's New Testament book is my favourite.
>>
>>542590
I think that this verse puts an emphasis on spiritual maturehood and that we should all grow in the faith by leaving our own vanities behind which apostle Paul considers childish and that we should be more responsible and accountable and loving towards each other as a brother and a sister of the same faith that we have in Jesus Chirst.
>>
12th Planet by Zecharia Sitchin <3
>>
>>540277
"God is love"

Ecclesiastes, if only because I like essays and because it's self-critical

Genesis

Rarely - I'm more focused on the Quran right now

Jesus commanding us to honor our parents. I've been bringing nothing but shame to them, so now I've been trying to fix that, but everything I do still brings them shame and I'm seriously considering killing myself because I'm an absolute fuck-up and managed to fail everything even though God gave me countless occasions to be successful.
>>
>>542549

Joo detected.
>>
File: 1379395409001.png (74 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1379395409001.png
74 KB, 1024x1024
Unironically never read, not even bait
>>
>>540277
Romans 10:4
Genesis, probably
Matthew
About four times a week probably
>>Has anything you read recently changed your life or the way you think? If so what did you read and how did it affect you?
I constantly try to implicate little pieces of Jesus' teachings into my daily life, one at a time
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.