[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You wake up. You are now Jefferson Davis, President of the CSA.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: President-Jefferson-Davis.jpg (652 KB, 1738x2220) Image search: [Google]
President-Jefferson-Davis.jpg
652 KB, 1738x2220
You wake up. You are now Jefferson Davis, President of the CSA. The year is 1861. You have four years to defeat the Union Army. What do you do?
>>
Ask them nicely to please stop and be friends again
>>
Party like it's 1861
>>
>>406286
apologise and hope I don't get hanged for treason
>>
Settle a peace agreement that dissolves the southern states and gives the North permanent control over the Federal government.
>>
Kill ALL blacks.

Enslave the Irish.
>>
Not invade Pennsylvania.
>>
>>406311
This.
https://pando.com/2014/11/20/the-war-nerd-why-sherman-was-right-to-burn-atlanta/
>>
File: freedom overdose.jpg (81 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
freedom overdose.jpg
81 KB, 500x334
>>406340
“If [the Confederates] want eternal war, well and good; we accept the issue, and will dispossess them and put our friends in their place. I know thousands and millions of good people who at simple notice would come to North Alabama and accept the elegant houses and plantations there. If the people of Huntsville think different, let them persist in war three years longer, and then they will not be consulted. Three years ago by a little reflection and patience they could have had a hundred years of peace and prosperity, but they preferred war; very well. Last year they could have saved their slaves, but now it is too late. All the powers of earth cannot restore to them their slaves, any more than their dead grandfathers. Next year their lands will be taken, for in war we can take them, and rightfully, too, and in another year they may beg in vain for their lives. A people who will persevere in war beyond a certain limit ought to know the consequences. Many, many peoples with less pertinacity have been wiped out of national existence.”
>>
Literally suck the French Emperor's cock begging for help.
>>
>>406340
good read
>>
File: 1011.jpg (46 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
1011.jpg
46 KB, 600x580
>>406286
Proclaim to the world I willl end slavery and enact full rights for every citizen if the war is ended. Then International pressures turns from the CSA to the USA forcing them to stop the war.

>mfw peace is declared, i get shot by some CSA dude and the rights aren't enacted
>>
>>406386
Pretty much this. Without European support there is no hope.
>>
>>406559
reverse lincoln is best lincoln
>>
Become a part of The British Empire.
>>
1-undermine the blockade
2-build a wall in Virginia to keep the Yanks out
3-build wall in Texas to keep Mexicans out
4-print money like there is no tomorrow
5-escape to Hawaii
6-annex Hawaii
>>
>>406286

War of Atrittion. Maximum Atrittion.

>raid the northern fields with smallpox blankets
>send the Texas Rangers to blow up Wall Street and all the yankee banks
>flexible defense of non vital points (kill-dead ratio 10 filthy yanks per 1 godly dixieman) then orderly retreat to solid and advantageous defensive/counter-offensive positions
>A nation in arms. It's not the clay, it's bleeding the yank to death. Every man, woman and children in yankee-occupied territory shall wage total guerrilla war.

Those dirty yankees come begging for peace and mercy in less than a year.
>>
Literally abolish slavery, re-join the union and avoid the absolute human catastrophe that was the reconstruction.

There was absolutely no way for the South to win. The northern manpower / industrial output couldn't be matched. European powers weren't having any of the cotton embargo horseshit and simply didn't care. And even though abolition fucked up the South's economy, not abolishing it would fuck it up even harder in the long run.
>>
>>406286
Pussy out and kindly beg to rejoin the union
>>
A good starting point would be to get Maryland, Delaware and Missouri (and other half-ass noncommittal Union states) to secede and declare war on the North.

Actual military strategy is beyond my grasp though.
>>
Find a way to break the Union blockade.

Send all the slaves to Brazil in exchange for arms.

Get domestic industry going.

Do not invade Union states. Only defend CSA clay.

See if I can get Mexico to attack California and supply arms. Plan on backstabbing them later to get New Mexico, Arizona, and California for the CSA.

Constantly send envoys to Lincoln to try and get peace between the CSA and USA.
>>
>>408306
Maryland was under martial law during the war.

CSA sent several expeditions into Maryland during the war to encourage rebellion. Maryland residents generally laughed at the CSA. It didn't help that CSA soliders were commonly poorly equipped, outside the officers. Would you join a cause where most of the soldiers are not in a uniform and some don't even have shoes?
>>
Sit the entire army with a 3+ defence general on a mountain province and wait.
>>
Oh shit, a bunch of experienced military leaders defected with me. I buckle down and hope none of them get retarded ideas in their head like trying to muster an offensive action into Union territory.
>>
>>408400
Then the USA sieges down every other province and forces peace. The way to go is to expand slavery into every new state, drown all Yankee soldier pops after beating down Mexico, and then shutting down all Northern factories when the war is about to break out.
>>
>>406286
Cherrypick commanders with postwar knowledge. Polk won't violate Kentucky neutrality- the goober will never even have a command.

Capitalize more on the victory at First Manassas. (I assume butterflies aside that battle would still take place and the yankees would still lose it.) Try to bring Maryland into the Confederacy when there is no sizeable union force in the east.

Focus more on the Western theater, no more aggressive offense meming either.

Also try to work on an emancipation for intervention strategy as soon as possible; send more capable ministers than Yancey out to Europe. A more humble diplomacy.

Oh, never let the sibley campaign happen.
>>
>>406286
I free the slaves from the start, promising them land if they fight for me.

I get all the Natives on my side by also promising land to those who fight for me.

I do all this by saying fuck you to the Confederates and essentially betraying the cause by becoming dictator, because fuck your state politics, I'm trying to win a damn war.

I build Ironclads sooner, I convert any left over merchant ships into naval batteries.

Invest in telegraphs and begin extensive industrialization of Eastern port cities.

Force farming as a way to pay taxes so that the populace doesn't starve. This also gives the slaves who don't join the army something to do by growing grain instead of solely cash crops.

Order Stonewall to organize raids into Union territory, try to send an assassin to kill Lincoln, even if he fails the fact that I show I can make threats on their life scares the Union shitless

Any Naval battles I win, make sure they capture the Union ships so that we can convert them to our own usage. Sinking them is a waste.

Fake an invasion of Canada using my troops wearing Union jackets in an attempt to sour tensions between the British Empire and the Union.

Take advantage of this by asking Queen Victoria if she'd send aid in the form of a battalion or two to invade New England.

Offer Mexico some concessions if they join the war on our side.

If I still can't win with all these advantages, then I strap dynamite to my chest and blow myself up after attending the peace talks at Appomatix Courthouse for the keks.
>>
>all these people saying they would free slaves and sell them
The jews and wealth anglos won't let that happen.
>>
>>408513

This hits on a key point that was only discovered after the war. No matter how ungentlemenly it may sound, the South should have made efforts to assassinate Union politicians from the start. Harass their families. Basically make their life miserable and make them live in fear.

Nothing takes the piss out of someone faster than constantly worrying about their or their families safety.
>>
>>409116

Oh, and to add to this you can't show any involvement with the CSA. They have to be considered independent extremists or groups. Think of the Copperheads but on steroids.
>>
>>408513
So you free the slaves.
And you lose your reason to secede.
>>
>>408513
>I free the slaves
Literally the reason why the seceded, it's as if your first act as Hitler would be the release of jews
>>
>>406286
Surrender, apologize, beg Lincoln for forgiveness, and pray that I don't get executed for treason. If it's obvious that I will, then stow away on a ship bound for South America.
>>
Try to ally with Mexico and European powers. I have no idea about anything during the civil war since I'm no Americlap, but guerilla the shit out of them. Draft motherfuckers if they weren't doing that. Send a fuckton of raids to salt the earth and assassinate enemy politicians everywhere.
>>
>>409125
>>409122
And that hits in the main reason why the Confederates never had a chance in reality.

They revolted because their economy was based on a Bronze Age economic model of large plantations and cash crops, and didn't want to modernize. Slavery had to go if the South was to have a prosperous, modern economy. The fact that it took so long is one of the many reasons the South today lags behind the rest of the country.

It was seriously petty and backward, and the "muh states rights" excuse only makes it more so.
>>
>>409140

>ally with Mexico

Great idea! Most of the guys that expanded Texas' borders, encroaching on ours in the process and ultimately going to war and killing 16,000 of our men, is exactly who we should ally with!

Oh, Texas is their ally? Well all the more reason!

I hope you're a foreigner with that asinine suggestion.
>>
Come up with a better plan than King Cotton.
Promise England all of the North.
>>
>>409942
>I hope you're a foreigner with that asinine suggestion.
I said that I'm not an American from the start, dumbass.
>>
>>406286
Tell General Lee to kill retreating Northern Armies, not let them run away.
>>
>>408436
I don't know how the war plays out in Victoria 2 because it is godawful casual shit like every other Clausewitz engine game, but in Ricky with VIP nodded if you expanded slavery to too many new states you ended up with New England and other free states seceding instead. >>408436
>>
>>406286
Contact the British and offer them half of the North including New York in exchange for logistical and military support.
>>
>>409966

And that was me hoping you were sincere, dumbass.
>>
File: 1411915201222.jpg (427 KB, 1600x1181) Image search: [Google]
1411915201222.jpg
427 KB, 1600x1181
>>406286
Place Longstreet in charge of the Army of Northern Virginia, put Jackson in charge of the departments of the Mississippi and Trans-Mississippi. Order Jackson to consolidate the Western armies into one large army.

Place Beauregard and both Johnstons in high level corp commands. Put Forrest in charge of ALL confederate cavalry.

Keep Lee in an advisory role but do not give him actual command unless Longstreet or Jackson need to be replaced.

Order the states to send ALL their troops and supplies by executive action.

Pressure Congress to allow for the emancipation of slaves who serve in the Confederate army.

Order all of my generals to an offensive-defensive fight. They need to take the fight to the enemy operationally, but go on the defensive in battle. Offense should only be taken in situations where an enemy army can be routed by doing so. Do everything in my power to ensure that the Yankee's suffer loonytoon casualties any time they try to enter Southern territory.

Force commerce raiders and blockade runners to bring in war material instead of luxury items. Instruct cotton planters that they need to primarily grow food for the army. Institute the draft but require service from planters unless they can provide a substitute.

Allow the cotton trade to continue with both Britain and France. Neither is going to join the war unless we score a shit-ton of victories, so we get more war material by just playing ball.

Appoint someone to oversee all Southern railroads. Implement a standard gauge, and require railroad connections to meet at the same station. Expand the telegraph system.

Use interior railroad lines to shift troops where they are needed faster.

Make extensive use of irregulars and guerrilla fighters. Any time a Yankee army marches south, they should get shot to shit by angry rednecks inna swamp.

Disallow any general to invade either the North or the Border states. Do not claim border states unless their legitimate government secedes.
>>
Promise Mexicans citizenship if they help
>>
>>410184
>>409942
Wow, what a cunt. I'd side with a backwards slaver over whoever you're fighting for.
>>
File: 8773346366_8735dbfb43_z.jpg (206 KB, 640x537) Image search: [Google]
8773346366_8735dbfb43_z.jpg
206 KB, 640x537
>>408261
>this is what Jeb and Cletus actually believe
>>
>>406286
Offer freedom and education to slaves who join the military.

Offer New Mexico to Mexico in exchange for them letting goods be smuggled through their country in order to bypass the blockade.

Form alliances with Native American tribes in exchange for granting them land and autonomy. Arm tribes in the territories to revolt and declare independence. If successful, use these territories as a new means of smuggling.

Keep all troops within the CSA and initiate a guerrilla war.

Fund a massive assassin program. Place targets on the heads of union politicians and generals. Also fund constant attacks on Union military forts and ports. Utilize chinese immigrants as master saboteurs.

Take advantage of the massive immigration in places like New York and Boston. Fund some Irish dudes to preach Irish nationalism and tell immigrants that they are being mistreated. Hopefully this will cause political instability.

Finally, force all cotton plantations to plant edibles instead. To recover from the loss of trade materials, offer Britain New York if they help win the war and offer Spain Florida.
>>
>>406340
I can't get past all of the ad hominem shit in this article, he makes very good points and then makes himself look like a fool by making great efforts to insult.
>>
Send Lincoln tickets to a play.
>>
>>408261
Smallpox cannot be contracted from blankets, it dies too fast.
>>
>>412585
>Offer freedom and education to slaves who join the military.
Could never pass through the legislature, and you'd be impeached for even trying it.

>Offer New Mexico to Mexico in exchange for them letting goods be smuggled through their country in order to bypass the blockade.
To who, the French?

>Form alliances with Native American tribes in exchange for granting them land and autonomy. Arm tribes in the territories to revolt and declare independence. If successful, use these territories as a new means of smuggling.
Arm them how? And to what strategic advantage?

>Finally, force all cotton plantations to plant edibles instead. To recover from the loss of trade materials, offer Britain New York if they help win the war and offer Spain Florida.
Congratulations, this is like the fourth proposal that would get you killed by your own people.
>>
>>406286
Hire Lyon Playfair to build the cyanide gas shells he had designed in the 1850s for use in the Crimean War but had never gotten to employ. At that point in time, there was no realistic way to construct gas masks, so the weapon would have been practically unstoppable.

In other words:
Gas the Yankees, Civil War now!
>>
>>406286
>The year is 1861. You have four years to defeat the Union Army. What do you do?
I simply stay on the defensive, use trench warfare more extensively and order my generals to use all our supplies conservatively.

NO invasions of the North, let them expend men and resources on us not the other way around.
>>
Offer Lincoln peace on the conditions that all Africans in the United States were shipped back to Africa. The abolition would only take place over the course of about ten years and thus giving the Southern economy time to adapt. Amnesty, of course, for all soldiers and generals and the general populace. And a large number of grants to pay for the slaves and to build a large number of schools for non-slave holders.
>>
>>413263
>Offer Lincoln peace on the conditions that all Africans in the United States were shipped back to Africa
Jesus fucking christ, so many people in this thread who don't have the vaguest idea what the South was fighting for.
>>
>>413295
I know very well what the South was fighting for. I just don't care.
>>
>>406340
>posting the war nerd
i couldnt respect you more in this moment anon.
>>
File: 1446334846682.jpg (52 KB, 595x720) Image search: [Google]
1446334846682.jpg
52 KB, 595x720
>>406340
>It's okay to burn, loot, destroy, and kill innocent civilians, because they resisted an invasion of their country.

Sherman is every bit a war criminal as Southern bushwhackers in Missouri, Mad Bomber Harris, and Westmoreland/McNamara.

It may end a war, but that doesn't make it morally okay. Total war tactics make the commanding general not even a man in my eyes, regardless of the effectiveness.

This blogging, self righteous asshole whose only argument is "muh moral relativity, Yankees were justified in acting like fucking savages because the South tried to defend itself" makes me ashamed to share a country.

God damn.

t. Michigander
>>
>>406286

Keep on the defensive in Virginia

More fortifications and stronger garrisons for major coastal cities, New Orleans in particular.

Divert more resources to the west

Give Ben McCulloch and Nathan Bedford Forrest more authority.

Though Sterling Price was a patriot, give him no authority over partisans as he was clueless when it came to asymmetrical warfare.

Double down on raids in the midwest.

Double down on building up industry, standardizing rail, and infrastructure in general.
>>
do nothing because I don't have any real power

it's called the "confederacy" for a reason
>>
>>408513
>I get all the Natives on my side by also promising land to those who fight for me.

Gee it's like Stand Watie and all those injun mounted rifles didn't exist, among other injuns who fought for the south.
>>
- Give the french some logistics on mexican territory, especially the Puebla territory (Fort Loreto and Guadalupe) France win 5 de mayo, Mexico gets conquered by late 1862/ early 1863. France start smuggling war material to the Confederacy as they intended in the first place.

- Delay the Vicksburg Campaign as much as possible, losing Louisiana was what finally discouraged the french from a full international support of the CSA.

- Pray for Napoleon to convince the brits for a double intervention against the Union.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.