[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think of Pantheism? Are there any pantheists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Pantheism.jpg (19 KB, 305x162) Image search: [Google]
Pantheism.jpg
19 KB, 305x162
What does /his/ think of Pantheism? Are there any pantheists themselves among /his/?
>>
>>405900
It's dumb desu.
>>
it's pretty much atheism
>>
sexed up atheism

it's ok
>>
>2015
>he isn't a panentheist
>>
Pangnosticism is the patrician choice
>>
>>405985
Could you explain how panentheism is superior to pantheism?
>>
I think it is a little weird labeling the universe as a being of some sort but w/e
>>
>>405909
Not really. The discovery that there is order in the universe, for example math and physics is itself a huge part of the history of religion. Numbers were once thought of as Divine by the Pythagerians who said they were the ultimate force that controls reality (and in a way they were right).

The definition of a God has changed a lot. The Christian God for instance is a recent invention. The original Gods were all forces of nature, for example sun worship.

>>406102
In a way both are correct.

Pantheism is the idea that God is the laws of nature itself, the whole universe. Panentheism is the idea that God is separate from the universe but is inseperatly connected to the things in it.

The thing is there is more than 'God'. The idea of panentheism makes sense if you look at how human society happens. Culture, the whole of human knowledge etc. could be thought of a sort of God and it would be God that is inseperatly linked to humans.
>>
>>405900
>Le things in nature look the same and I think this has meaning because I don't understand the physical processes that formed them meme
Awful meme
>>
semantics shit
>>
>>406890
Dibs fedora
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.