[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robert Mugabe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 444x331) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 444x331
Why did Mugabe chimp out in Rhodesia?
>>
>>405840
>Why did a communist rebellion leader in Africa go nuts
you do the math
>>
>>405840
international jewish marxist communist conspiracy, obviously
>>
>>405858
Scratch out "jewish" and it's gonna be accurate.
>>
>>405840
Power grab. Why else?
>>
>>405840
To stay in power, of course. Under the guise of land reform, he could both reward supporters and punish dissenters, and the resulting food shortages and economic collapse provided him with yet another way to keep his hold - it's hard to vote when you're starving to death.
>>
No one in his government were educated in how to rule a country.
>>
>>405840

Most likely to save his ass. For two decades he resisted the demands for spoils of his former comrades in arms by vague promises. In early 2000s they finally saw through his bullshit and most likely gave him an offer: either he gives them what they want or they kill him off.
>>
He could, the west saw black majority rule as morally superior to white minority rule in the region, which allowed him to do whatever the fuck he wanted, it's not like NATO is going to bomb Mugabe to get Ian Smith back
>>
>>406051
And who caused the Jews? Communists.
>>
>>406062
Because Das Kapital was written before the Torah
>>
>>406071
Communism wasn't invented by Marx, proto-communist thought can be traced back to the earliest civilizations. "Jews" are not an ethnicity in a real sense, they're a product of breakaway communist Atenite teachings.

Look up "A este povie vodu neda vtakovi".
>>
>>406095
How was Atenism anything like Communism?
>>
>>406095
>proto-communist thought can be traced back to the earliest civilizations
the earliest civilizations believed that all of history consists of the innocent and proletariat being victimized by the evil bourgeoisie?
>>
>>406095
>they're a product of breakaway communist Atenite teachings.

What in the ever loving fuck does a Pharaoh with a God complex making up a personification of himself in order to centralize power have to do with Communism?
>>
>>406125
Clearly. If it weren't that way, then how would I justify my boogeyman?
>>
>>406125
Marx thought hunter-gatherer societies were proto-Communist
>>
>>406140
>Who is Mao
Maoism is actually the purest form of Judaism
>>
>>406160
That doesn't mean anything, Karl Marx can't absorb the thoughts of hunter-gatherers, nor can you, there's no way to psychoanalyze dead people who left almost no record of their lives, let alone their thoughts
>>
>>405840
Because he was a violent communist who was supported by the International Community™. Pretty much every "freedom fighter" backed by the West has turned out to be pure evil.

Dumping some articles on Mugabe to illustrate this. First one [1] told by Andrew Young, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations:

"Ambassador Andrew Young described Robert Mugabe in an interview with the Times of London on May 22, 1978: “Does Mr Mugabe strike you as a violent man?” the Times reporter asked.

“Not at all, he’s a very gentle man,” Young replied.

“In fact, one of the ironies of the whole struggle is that I can’t imagine Joshua Nkomo, or Robert Mugabe, ever pulling the trigger on a gun to kill anyone. I doubt that they ever have.

“I find that I am fascinated by his intelligence, by his dedication.

“The only thing that frustrates me about Robert Mugabe is that he is so damned incorruptible. . . . The problem is he was educated by the Jesuits, and when you get the combination of a Jesuit and a Marxist kind of philosophy merging in one person, you’ve got a hell of a guy to deal with,” Young was further quoted in the interview."

[1] http://www.herald.co.zw/a-walk-down-memory-lane-with-andrew-young/

[cont]
>>
>>406380
Next one is by John Darnton [2]

These days, as I watch Robert Mugabe tighten his 28-year-old stranglehold on Zimbabwe while the forces of opposition try to pry away his fingers, I can’t help thinking back to a conversation he and I once tried to have about T. S. Eliot, poetry and the month of April.

Let me explain. At the time, nearly 30 years ago, Mugabe was an unknown leader of a guerrilla movement trying to overthrow white rule in what was then Rhodesia. I was a New York Times foreign correspondent covering Africa. And Rhodesia itself was a delusional outpost of colonial living in which many of the 270,000 whites appeared blissfully unaware of a war being pressed on behalf of the 7 million blacks. They sipped sundowners beside swimming pools, played bowls on a clipped lawn in Salisbury Park and listened to a daily radio broadcast to pick up snatches of the Shona language like “Take out the garbage.”

I first heard mention of Mugabe in May 1976 in the Quill Club of the Ambassador Hotel, a watering hole where Prime Minister Ian Smith’s police, guerrilla sympathizers, reporters and agents from various factions suspended normal antipathies for the sake of gossip. We foreign correspondents used to toss around names of the ultimate leader of the emergent new country like miners testing gold nuggets: Would it be Joshua Nkomo? Ndabaningi Sithole? Jason Moyo? A Guardian correspondent named James McManus, who looked particularly dashing in the safari suits we all wore, pulled me aside and said that he was putting his money on a new man called Robert Mugabe.

No one knew much about him, he said, but he was a Shona, which meant that he belonged to the largest tribal group. He was said to be operating out of Mozambique, then notorious as Rhodesia’s hard-line communist neighbor. And, most intriguing of all, he was an intellectual, a teacher who loved the poetry of T.S. Eliot. Understandably, this last bit of information got to me.

[...]

[cont]
>>
>>406385
Mugabe sat behind a large, uncluttered wooden desk. He did not stand to greet me, but neither did he hesitate to shake my hand. He seemed surprised to see me, though I learned that he had heard of my desire to meet with him. He was not averse to granting an interview to the Western press, and I gained the impression that this was among the first he had given.

[…]

As the interview seemed to be drawing to a close — he was looking frequently at his watch — I couldn’t repress the unsatisfying feeling that I had won a headline but hadn’t really learned anything about the man himself. He was expressionless. His voice hadn’t risen. His small eyes hadn’t broken through the mask of placid assurance and even, it seemed, remote indifference.

Surely there must be a key to unlock this enigma. “So,” I said, “what is it exactly that attracts you to T.S. Eliot?”

He gave me a blank look and stood up. “You know,” I added, “‘The Waste Land.’”

For the first time incomprehension crossed his features, maybe even a flash of irritation. I persisted.

“‘April is the cruelest month,’” I said. “Eliot. The poet. You know.” As he ushered me to the door, his bewilderment seemed to turn to anger. “I haven’t the slightest idea what you’re talking about,” he said, closing the door firmly behind me.

[2]http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/01/opinion/01iht-eddarnton.1.12490815.html
>>
>>406224
Communism isn't a mental state, its a mode of production
>>
More resources detailing the atrocities of the "freedom fighters":

Anatomy of Terror, 1974: http://www.rhodesia.nl/AnatomyofTerror.pdf

Massacre of the Innocents, 1978:
http://www.rhodesia.nl/innocents.html

The Murder of Missionaries in Rhodesia, 1978:
http://www.rhodesia.nl/mission.htm
>>
>>406419
South Rhodesian apologist detected
>>
>>406165
Mao was a psychopathic dictator who thought he was China's savior. He didn't believe he was a literal god in Human form.
>>
>>406451
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>406224
it basically just means that resources were so scarce that the community shared them around. It doesn't have much to do with modern communism.
>>
>>405858
>literally a communist conspiracy
>disregard the truth because of your own political stance

>>>/trash/
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.