[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You wake up. You're King George III of Great Britain. The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
You wake up. You're King George III of Great Britain. The year is 1771. You have 5 years to stop the American Revolution from happening. What do you do?
>>
>>405584

Give Quebec back to France, in exchange to their promise not to intevene in the War
>>
>>405584

Begin the process of bringing Colonial leaders to England to discuss the costs of protecting them incurred during the French Indian wars, and then start looking into the best medical doctors I can find.
>>
>>405597
That was an option?
>>
>>405584

nothing - i'm a constitutional monarch and my powers are extremely limited.
>>
I'd take all my investments out of continental europe. And invest in some other colonies.
>>
Drink tea and encourage the improvement of metallurgy.
>>
Undermine the colonial aristocrats through land reform, damaging their influence and making many new wealthy figures grateful towards the Crown. Nobody else mattered since it was the elite that caused the revolution anyway.
>>
>>405584
Order the parliament to be rounded up and shipped to the American revolutionaries.
>>
Give the colonists representation in Parliament.
>>
>>405597
>Napoleon wins
>Still better independent America
>>
abdicate the crown to let more capable leaders worry about it and then enter an asylum
>>
nuke them
>>
>>405584
>be George III
> abugabugahwawa what me play with stick,
He's like the materialisation of 'what if Ol' Dirty Bastard became a european monarch'
>>
I'd call for no taxation without representation.
>>
>>405584
Turn the colonies into a formal realm of the Commonwealth with the installation of a prime minister, governor-general and parliament.
>>
>>405584
I destroy all the parlamentary institutions and now nobody has representation, not even the brits. americans can't really complain now, they're equals.

>>405597
>impliying perfidious France would not intervene anyways
>>
>>405584
Purge the ungrateful lollards and begin migration missions from England to the colonies. the new colonists would be first generation and not used to the heavily reduced taxes and weak law enforcement. they would be content as subjects unlike the previous 3-4 generation colonists who where used to effectively no taxes and the lax imposition of law.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.