[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Liberates the country from Nazis >Manages to not get dominated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: enver-hoxha-portrait[1].jpg (77 KB, 555x720) Image search: [Google]
enver-hoxha-portrait[1].jpg
77 KB, 555x720
>Liberates the country from Nazis
>Manages to not get dominated by USSR
>Manages to not get dominated by Yugoslavia, a powerhouse just next door
>Modernizes the country essentially stuck in medieval times prior
>Promotes equal rights
>Builds an extensive ready to use defense network

Did he really do anything wrong?
>>
[bunker building intensifies]
>>
>>404981
The baitiest bait in bait town.
>>
File: 1446996189493.png (509 KB, 467x750) Image search: [Google]
1446996189493.png
509 KB, 467x750
All memes aside he was one of the least terrible dictators of the 20th century
>>
>>404981
>Did he really do anything wrong?

>>Promotes equal rights
>>
>>405030
A lot of people who seem to think Hoxha is bad don't understand just how much of a shithole Albania was before him.
>>
>>404981
>Promotes equal rights
>a dictator
>>
File: 1380032979383.jpg (22 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
1380032979383.jpg
22 KB, 367x500
>>405055
>>
>>405067
women literally had less rights than cattle before he came along
>>
>>405055
>>405067
"Equal", not "democratic".
>>
>>405071
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enver_Hoxha#Human_rights
>>
>>405074
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enver_Hoxha#Human_rights
>>
>>405086
>>405090
Same fucking article slightly above.

>A major achievement under Hoxha was the advancement of women's rights. Albania had been one of the most, if not the most, patriarchal countries in Europe. The Code of Lekë, which regulated the status of women, states, "A woman is known as a sack, made to endure as long as she lives in her husband's house."[49] Women were not allowed to inherit anything from their parents and discrimination was even made in the case of the murder of a pregnant woman.

>... the dead woman [is] to be opened up, in order to see whether the fetus is a boy or a girl, If it is a boy, the murderer must pay 3 purses [a set amount of local currency] for the woman's blood and 6 purses for the boy's blood; if it is a girl, aside from the three purses for the murdered woman, 3 purses must also be paid for the female child.

>—Code of Lekë Dukagjini[50]
>Women were forbidden from obtaining a divorce, and the wife's parents were obliged to return a runaway daughter to the husband or else suffer shame which could even result in a generations-long blood feud. During World War II, the Albanian Communists encouraged women to join the partisans[51] and following the war, women were encouraged to take up menial jobs, because the education necessary for higher level work was out of most women's reach. In 1938, 4% worked in various sectors of the economy. In 1970, this number rose to 38% and in 1982 to 46%.[52]

>During the Cultural and Ideological Revolution (discussed below), women were encouraged to take up all jobs, including government posts, which resulted in 40.7% of the People's Councils and 30.4% of the People's Assembly being made up of women, including two women in the Central Committee by 1985.[53] In 1978, 15.1 times as many females attended eight-year schools as had done so in 1938 and 175.7 times as many females attended secondary schools. By 1978, 101.9 times as many women attended higher schools as in 1957.[54]
>>
>>405101
So what? He was still a cruel dictator. Hell I have friends from Albania and they hate him. OP seemed to imply he did nothing wrong.
That's like saying Hitler did nothing wrong because he improved Germany's economy. Let's ignore all the people who died because of him
>>
>>405125
>That's like saying Hitler did nothing wrong
He really did, though.
>>
>>405125
>because he improved Germany's economy

do people really believe this
>>
>>405134
yes he did something wrong. Just like Hoxha and all other dictators
>>
>>405101
sooo.... Albania is really in Europe???
>>
>>405057
>was

still is bruv
>>
>>405140
Compared to the Weimar republic it was better.
Still the point is that all dictators are crap
>>
>>405151
shithole is not an absolute term, there are several degrees of shitholism
>>
>>405148
Balkans are in a league of its own.
>>
>>405157
the only reason the german economy didn't downright collapse is because hitler kept invading other countries and forced them to pay for the war effort
>>
>>405173
You are talking about wartime condition. I meant pre war. Big investments in public works (see autobhan for example) made it possible. Kinda like in Albania. Too bad that those systems always collapse
>>
>>404981

God damn he looks just like Gilbert Gottfried.
>>
>>405165
is shitholes going to be our new unit of measure system for how bad counties are
>>
Even if you think Hoxha sucked as a leader, he was incredibly perceptive when it came to analyzing foreign affairs.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet%E2%80%93Albanian_split
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Albanian_split
>>
>>406495

The thing that really impresses me about Hoxha is the massive balls he had to break ties with both the Soviets AND the Chinese, and still not try to strengthen ties with the West.
>>
>>408046
More like massive paranoia, really.

>muh revisionists
>muh self-reliance
>muh bunkers

Love his spin on >H >R >E, though

>The course of events showed that the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution was neither a revolution, nor great, nor cultural, and in particular, not in the least proletarian.
>>
>>408457
>More like massive paranoia, really.
The Soviets after Stalin really did try to overthrow him though, because he refused to obey them. That's not paranoia.
>>
Are you suggesting Albania wouldn't have advanced without his dictatorship?
>>
>>409407
Of course it wouldn't, it's Albania we're talking about.
>>
He is kinda qt for an Albanian. He looks like the kinda guy who looked 17 years old until he was 35.
>>
>>408457
>Great
>Proletarian
>Cultural
>Revolution
>>
>>405188
the german economy was on the brink of collapse in 1939
the war was needed to fund the german economy
>>
>>404981
Wow, I never knew Steve Buscemi did all that...
>>
>>404981
Bunkers.
>>
>>405954
Shithole is the field being measured.

The Units should be Jerseys.
>>
>>405188

Hitler simply borrowed money to stuff the Germans' mouth and pay for various infrastructure project, most of which were white elephants.

Germany had first financial hickup in 1937. In 1938 there were already serious liquidity problems, temporally staved off by the plunder of Austrian and Czechoslovak gold. In 1939 the collapse was imminent.

That's the "miracle".
>>
>>410642
Proofs?
>>
>>404981
I am Albanian and can tell you pre-Hoxha Albania was doing really well under King Zog who built ties with European countries and had started improving trade with Italy and the West.

This guy was a Yugoslav rat.
>>
>More bunkers than people
>a lot more

I like this guy's style. Concrete is pretty cheap, after all.
>>
>>414365
>
I am Albanian and can tell you pre-Hoxha Albania was doing really well under King Zog who built ties with European countries and had started improving trade with Italy and the West.
>Built ties with Italy
That's an interesting way to put it.
>>
>>414365
>Managed to protect Albanian independence from Yugoslavs
>Yugoslav rat
>>
>>405125
>Hell I have friends from Albania and they hate him

If their parents were falsely imprisoned, then they 're right.
If their parents were impriosned for drugs, then just laugh at their face
>>
>>405148
mos mountainous state of the continent.
>>
>>405044
Is there actually a free documentary I can watch about Albanian Bunker Statesman?
>>
JOKE TIME (keep in mind, I have nothing against albanians, nations only exist in the eye of the beholder and we are all humans)

>be me
>be in 6th grade
>be in Greece
>racist teacher says "you should appreciate the opportunity you have to even go to school. You know, children in Albania don't go to school"
>two classmates chuckle
>teacher gets irate
>asks the two for the reason for interruption, very angrily
>whole class is dead silent
>classmate says "I-I told him something"
>"WHAT DID YOU TELL HIM?"
>"Y-You said, th-that children in Albania don't go to school..."
>"YES?"
>"S-so I *pffft* I t-told him *khhhh* th-that the children are chasing after Berissa PFAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
>classmate was expelled
>>
>>415152
who's Berissa?
>>
File: 1426544991866.png (78 KB, 853x674) Image search: [Google]
1426544991866.png
78 KB, 853x674
>>
>>414902
> Gave Kosovo over to the Serbs
> Jailed Kosovar Albanians who fled Yugoslavia
>>
>>418471
>Gave Kosovo over to the Serbs

As opposed to what, invading another European country during the cold war?
>>
F-35 is a scam
F-35 is a scam
F-35 is a scam

>https://web.archive.org/web/20150925045429/https://pando.com/2015/09/24/war-nerd-why-f-35-albanian-mushroom/78ab53c681d5129e3b5f1f7def21ab0cb9e84171/
>>
>>416742
Ali Berissa
>>
>Albanian virginity is lost in a Hoxha bunker as often as American virginity was once lost in the back seats of cars.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunkers_in_Albania
>>
>>418970
>He doesn't know virginity is pretty much bullshit
>>
>>419034

Are you saying people aren't born virgins?
>>
File: 1416784979452.png (28 KB, 450x576) Image search: [Google]
1416784979452.png
28 KB, 450x576
>>419061
I'm saying that while there is sexual purity and virgins genuinely do exist, there is absolutely no way to know whether or not a person is legitimately a virgin. Virginity as many people understand it is complete trite.
>>
>>419072
Also, as a technicality anyone born of a vagina has had vaginal interaction and is not a virgin.
>>
File: Assbaby.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Assbaby.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>419077

What about people born out of their mom's asshole?
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.