[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scott Shack Oates images >Before you slag Scott remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 13
Scott Shack Oates images

>Before you slag Scott remember that Roland Huntsford is the seller of nonsense
>>
>>
>>
>>
Are there any images from the Terra Nova Expedition that can't be found on Freeze Frame?
>>
>>
>>404571
Hmm dunno bro. Im out of the loop on that where is freeze frame?
>>
>>404580
http://www.freezeframe.ac.uk/explore/search
>>
>>404586

Thanks man!
>>
>>
And btw Scott was a good explorer who learned from his mistakes and tried many different things. I think he proved his worth

It's true he could be difficult but only because he didn't believe in himself. He actually didn't have any problems with the crew on his last expedition unlike Shackleton who at one point almost shot a guy. I think only Teddy, Oates, Meares and at one point Debenham said something negative about Scott but it was never serious.
>>
>>
File: _47235591_cutthinpenguinagain.jpg (10 KB, 226x170) Image search: [Google]
_47235591_cutthinpenguinagain.jpg
10 KB, 226x170
Reminder that Doctor Wilson, while freezing to death in his tent, drew a little happy penguin for his wife.
>>
>>404602

Very true sadly most of the Anti Scott myth can be traced to one man Roland Huntsford. He sadly is the grandad of anartic bios and wrote a pile of nonsense.

Ranulph Fiennes dedicated a chapter in his Scott bio to highlight the absurdities of the manswork on Scott.
>>
>>404613
Wilson was so cool. I love that guy.
>>
>>404621
It's funny because I've read a lot of books about this (still I have a lot to read because they can't be found online) and half the time they cite Huntford they mention that "X denied such claims" or "Huntford doesn't tell us his sources" which is pretty funny. This is the guy who believes Scott was mentally ill because of syphilis and that the Scott Research Institute hides the truth about their death. Sadly he shows up a lot in documentaries.
>>
File: 51+n77VYNoL._SL500_SS500_.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51+n77VYNoL._SL500_SS500_.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>404640

Have you read this book? Very good and an entire chapter that makes Huntsford look very bad!

I hate it when he pops up as an authority. H
>>
>>404664
I've listened to the audiobook (by Fiennes of course). And some other books but some really can't be found online. Like the one about Birdie Bowers.
>>
>>404681

Amazon is where I got most of my books. I havent read the birdie on yet,
>>
File: m8cgx0kKDa1ra9lleo1_500.jpg (76 KB, 306x750) Image search: [Google]
m8cgx0kKDa1ra9lleo1_500.jpg
76 KB, 306x750
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.