[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mormonism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 733x436) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 733x436
What does /his/ think of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?
>>
>>402429

My mom and grandma were Mormons until my Grandma got a divorce. The church kicked both her and my mom out and I was eventually raised a Lutheran. Both of them lost their faith over the ordeal however.
>>
>>402429

What about them?
>>
Pretty fucking stupid, do people really want polygamous sex that badly?
https://youtu.be/46PXaJxzuDE
>>
Fuck 'um. I don't understand how anyone can believe anything the old and new testament say considering most of it has been disproved, let alone how you can believe some guy magically received tablets from an angel and furthered Christianity.
>>
>>402429
I don't understand how they take anything Joseph Smith said seriously since everything he ever said or predicted has been categorically proven false and he doesn't even have the benefit of being an ancient so-called prophet whose followers can claim the proof has been lost to time or whatever.

That said, Mormons have often been some of the nicest and most hospitable people I've met, and not one has ever tried to bother me about their religion.
>>
>>402429
I have relatives that moved to Utah recently, by all accounts they're a very cold and xenophobic people.

Said relatives are moving back home for stated reasons.
>>
The church no longer practice s polygamy, some sects have broken off and those still do
>>
>>402472
>xenophobic
I hate this meme
>>
>>402429
Really stupid and kinda scary. They're a little *too* nice and friendly
>>
All mormon churches in my country, Chile, look the same, and then there's these creepy American dudes who ALL LOOK LIKE CLONES OF EACH OTHER who come out of them, always in pairs.
>>
>>402429
Actually quite interesting philosophically. Definitely not a retarded religion, despite its origins being, well...you know.

It's like Christianity but God becomes God, rather than always being God. So Mormons aspire to make the similar movement, to become God, and they do this through hard work and organization.

Basically, you work for your salvation or you're a spiritual degenerate going to hell. Also, being white and having a lot of wives is a sign of strong spirituality but they've gone against that in recent times.

There's a whole thing about Native Americans' skin being stained with blood because they were actually a lost tribe of Israel that sinned against God. I'm skipping some stuff but basically being white is glorious although they're now tempering this position.
>>
I live in slc and while they are friendly, my entire neighborhood pressures us and texts my mom to sit and talk about it all the time.

It was made up by a treasure hunter. Only reason its a thing is because he was assassinated. had he not been, he would have failed to become president and withered drastically. I can't handle it and I'm also moving, back home to michigan
>>
Just another brand of crazy fundies that only a place like the US of A could breed.
>>
>>402429
The Mormons are awesome.

>No recreational drugs of any kind.
>Cool temples
>Constant tradition of prophets.
>Badass history
>Have loads of kids that will preserve the white race.
>Nice people

They need to be even more conservative desu. It used to be much more impressive.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.