[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What color was Joan's hair? There doesn't seem to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: Joan Hair.png (606 KB, 523x402) Image search: [Google]
Joan Hair.png
606 KB, 523x402
What color was Joan's hair? There doesn't seem to be a clear consensus. Sometimes jet black, sometimes red, sometimes brownish.
>>
>>397367

I'm told it was a kind of dark, ruddy fictional with streaks of light believeability.
>>
>>397381

Here's your reply.
>>
>>397367
Poetic license color.
>>
I like to imagine her with dark hair
>>
>>397367

>posting my wifu
>>
>>397367
it'll have white streaks in it after i'm done with her :^)
>>
glorified cheerleader colour
>>
>>398537
>>398738
>sticking your dick in crazy.
The ultimate mistake a man can make.
>>
>>397367
Friendly reminder that no portrait of Joan was drawn while she was alive. All the images in the OP are speculation.
>>
>>399058

Well, I guess that makes sense. She started having her visions when she was 13, and died when she was 19. Not a lot of time in there to do painting and stuff. Especially since there was a war going on.
>>
>>399071
I think the only descriptions of her by people who saw her said she was "hot" or something. Nothing about hair colour. Best guess would be what was a normal hair colour back then in France.
>>
>>399099
I always hear this, but no one ever posts any transcripts or anything. Care to provide one of these testimonies?

also checked
>>
>>399136
Im one of those people who just hear it and just repeats its. Could just be a meme really.
>>
>>399142
damn shame m8
Lo, what I would give to find the truth!
>>
>>399099
People said she had big tits. I had a source but I can't be fucked finding it again.
>>
>>399418
She had "lovely" breasts, according to Jean II, duc d'Alencon (iirc). Which is a pretty vague descriptor. Lovely is subjective. Maybe Joan's "gentle Duke" liked DFC.
>>
>>399001
can someone pls tell me what glorified cheerleader memeans
>>
>>397381
Told by who?
>>
By the end it was the color of semen stains.
>>
File: Joan_parliament_of_paris.jpg (115 KB, 519x768) Image search: [Google]
Joan_parliament_of_paris.jpg
115 KB, 519x768
>>397367
>>399099
>>399136
>>399142
>>399152
>>399418
>>399664
Sorry for linking so many posts, but we have lots of Joan d'Arc threads with a lot of interest in her, but also lots of confusion and some trolling. Sometimes it seems like I'm literally the only person on /his/ who's actually read her trial transcripts. Here's English translations of both her Trial of Condemnation and Trial of Nullification. There had been another examination that was referred to several times in her Trial of Condemnation, but there are no surviving transcripts of that one.

http://www.stjoan-center.com/Trials/index.html
http://www.stjoan-center.com/Trials/index.html#nullification

As for her appearance, she was said to have dark hair that she cut in the male "bowl" style. She had "beautiful breasts" and was "beautiful" but some knights said they felt bad saying so because of her holiness. She also dressed and acted like a male and appeared in all ways masculine "except for the marks God gave her". None of the physical descriptions are very detailed as they weren't important to her trials, and in the case of the Trial of Condemnation she would've been sitting in the room where everyone could see her anyway.

As for the "glorified cheerleader" meme, people that fought with her testified that she was skilled with a lance and was a master of artillery placement. She also personally led several attacks and was wounded in combat multiple times. The context of her saying "I never killed anyone" was when she was accused of murder for letting villagers hang a brigand without a fair trial. She also said that she preferred her banner over her sword so that she could avoid killing people.

This sketch was made while she was still alive, but by a person who never saw her. The hair is probably to long based on other descriptions.
>>
>>399807
The epitome of tomboy fetish.
>>
>>399807
>holding a sword like that
REEEEEEEEEE

Otherwise, great post, mate.
>>
>>399574

Essentially, an accusation that Joan was simply a figurehead to rally around, rather than someone who materially contributed to French successes in the HYW.
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 618x855) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 618x855
>>397367
Golden brown?

http://youtu.be/Th4vipUPX2E
>>
>>399807
Thanks for posting the actual facts about Joan of Arc on /his/.
>>
>>397367
What's the bottom left picture?
>>
GLORIFIED
>>
File: joanpiffard.jpg (129 KB, 385x500) Image search: [Google]
joanpiffard.jpg
129 KB, 385x500
>>397367

Black-Hair Joan is best Joan.
>>
File: war_rscc_64_large.jpg (129 KB, 569x944) Image search: [Google]
war_rscc_64_large.jpg
129 KB, 569x944
>>401966

What about it?
>>
File: do it for Joan.png (1 MB, 1400x1000) Image search: [Google]
do it for Joan.png
1 MB, 1400x1000
>>
>>402540
>bottom left
>she looks like Maisie Williams
Perfect
>>
I think Mila did a breddy gud interpretation d e s u lads
>>
>>403817
No she didn't, it's absolute shit and the complete opposite of what Joan was actually like. She was always described as calm, intelligent, and highly lucid, not some hysterical crazy-person.

Luc Besson and Milla Jovovich should have stuck to Leeloo Multipass.
>>
>>399807

glorified cheerleader
>>
>>397367
She was a Negro.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.