[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did people wipe their ass before toilet paper was invented?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: FriendlyVigilantAlbatross.webm (491 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
FriendlyVigilantAlbatross.webm
491 KB, 320x240
How did people wipe their ass before toilet paper was invented?
>>
>>397225
leaves
>>
>>397225

Their hands.
>>
>>397225
wash it
>>
>>397225
Hand, wash hand.
Shit in a water supply, wash in the water supply.
Shit next to the water supply, wash in the water supply.
Shit, wash arse with a cloth on a stick.
>>
>>397225
Well the Cunts who invented paper, the Chinese, used paper on the get go as early as 500'a AD

Though what they used wasnt purpose made toilet paper but scrap paper.

Also what they did was they rolled the paper on a stick and wiped their asses with in.
>>
Many native americans can use poison oak leaves as toilet paper.

Not kidding. Natural selection picked off the ones with sensitive assholes so many purebloods and halfbloods can wipe freely with it
>>
>>397225
Sponge on a stick, pieces of pottery.
>>
Never let anyone say /his/ isn't a quality board.
>>
File: DESIGNATED SHITTING STREETS.png (10 KB, 232x519) Image search: [Google]
DESIGNATED SHITTING STREETS.png
10 KB, 232x519
>>397225
Depends on the region. The Romans used leaves, I think, and in South Asia and the Middle-East they used water and their left hand. In some places they still do.
>>
>>397385
Romans used sponges on sticks in urban coastal areas.
>>
>>397225
wash their butt holes by the river or by a piece of cloth or rag.
>>
>>397225
I remember one time when I was much younger I really had to take a shit but the public bathroom at the park was locked. Ended up taking a shit by the racquetball courts and wiping my ass with leaves.

I assume they used leaves.
>>
>>397629
>I assume
GET THE FUCK OFF /his/

READ SOME FUCKING SOURCES
>>
In days of old.
When knights were bold.
And paper weren't invented.
They wiped their arse.
Upon the grass
And had to be contented.
>>
>>397225
The extra paper used for writing
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.