[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Eternal Paddy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 21
Why? Why were my Irish ancestors so backwards and messed up?

They were seem as barely human by the rest if Europe at the time. What went wrong?
>>
>>396947
>What went wrong?

Designated drinking streets

Also Celtic kuck blood
>>
File: 1449886470466.jpg (157 KB, 414x760) Image search: [Google]
1449886470466.jpg
157 KB, 414x760
Look at Germany ;_;
>>
>>396952
What does that mean?
>>
>>396952
>Also Celtic kuck blood
Were ancient Celts the only Europeans where rampant kukoldry was the norm? If you believe Roman sources, it was full of icompetent female chieftains, women who slept around with foreigners, matriarchal religious cults and men who got kuked so hard they started acting effeminate and having sex with other men. Only the druids were an exception since they've been almost exclusively males.

> a very witty remark is reported to have been made by the wife of Argentocoxus, a Caledonian, to Julia Augusta. When the empress was jesting with her, after the treaty, about the free intercourse of her sex with men in Britain, she replied: "We fulfill the demands of nature in a much better way than do you Roman women; for we consort openly with the best men, whereas you let yourselves be debauched in secret by the vilest." Such was the retort of the British woman.

It was like /r9k/ memes about betas, Chads and whores coming to life.
>>
>>396992
>Were ancient Celts the only Europeans where rampant kukoldry was the norm? If you believe Roman sources, it was full of icompetent female chieftains, women who slept around with foreigners, matriarchal religious cults and men who got kuked so hard they started acting effeminate and having sex with other men. Only the druids were an exception since they've been almost exclusively males.

King fucking Arthur

The most notorious kuck of the kuckington isles, was Celtic and considered a folkhero
>>
File: XC2004670115.jpg (66 KB, 512x332) Image search: [Google]
XC2004670115.jpg
66 KB, 512x332
>>396992
Wow I never heard this part before, do you have any good sources? I've only read the celtic literature and mythology but never the Roman accounts.

I want to figure out where my race went so wrong.
>>
File: 1449886259872.jpg (135 KB, 412x760) Image search: [Google]
1449886259872.jpg
135 KB, 412x760
Look at England ; _;
>>
File: 1449886577025.jpg (134 KB, 400x760) Image search: [Google]
1449886577025.jpg
134 KB, 400x760
>>
>>396947
Anti-nostalgia in your treatment of your past.

Except you're probably just an anti-Irish racist pretending for a troll post.

This is the kind of shit that belongs back on >>>/int/ so fuck off to there.
>>
>>397084
Wait no.

I am Irish and I'm asking about the historical causation of the condition of my people.

So let's discuss it. What happened with the Irish
>>
>>397006
>King Arthur
>a literal kukspawn (a result of Uther Pendragon fucking the wife of Gorlois)
>gets raised by another man (sir Ector)
>is given a sword by a female divine figure
>gains power, marries a girl
>said wife kucks him with an alpha knight, this knight is pretty much portrayed as a hero
>Arthur gets killed by an autistic son conceived by fucking his sister

That entire thing is such an ode to degeneracy I don't even know where to begin
>>
>>397006
>A man falling in love with a woman who loves another man is kekoldry

When did this meme start? When will it end?
>>
>>397096
It really makes you wonder if it was written by either a woman or some perverted man with a serious kukold fetish
>>
>>397099
A man who let's his woman romance another man without blood being spilled is no man at all.

A Man will fight to the death for what is his, especially his mate.
>>
>>397099
see
>>397096

Not a fucking meme. King Arthur is literally, a kuckold.
>>
>>397115
See, he should have had a duel with Lancelot for his woman.

Blood must be spilled if you want to take what is mine. That's basic.
>>
File: 1449886289246.jpg (127 KB, 407x760) Image search: [Google]
1449886289246.jpg
127 KB, 407x760
>>
>>397139
>not Mongols

2/10
>>
>>397107
>>397125
Does that worldview come with a fedora?

Like seriously, Arthur also loved Lancelot, Arthur wasn't just going to kill him because Guinevere ran off with Lancelot. He just accepted that he couldn't get Guinevere to love him and allowed her to do what she wanted, even though it hurt him deeply. Human relationships are a lot more complicated than the sex/power centered viewpoint that everyone on 4chan holds, and the Arthur/Lancelot/Guinevere love triangle isn't just about keking, but it's all you see in it because you're obsessed with it.
>>
>>396992
That's actually a great fucking response.
>>
>>397283
No, Arthur was LITEARLLY a kekold.

As in, he actually was kekolded. Like, the definition of kekoldry is that your wife fucks another man. He got kekolded. That's actually a medieval theme.
>>
>>397283
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kekold
>>
>>397340
>4chan censors the wikpedia article too

HIROSHI NAGASAKI
>>
File: kekold.png (70 KB, 1166x483) Image search: [Google]
kekold.png
70 KB, 1166x483
>>397340
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kekold
Why is this filter a thing again?
>>
File: greentext BC.jpg (68 KB, 515x482) Image search: [Google]
greentext BC.jpg
68 KB, 515x482
>>396947

>have rich oral history telling tales of living in harmony with fair folk and murdering giants
>sing and drink and dance with elves and pixies and other shit all day like a bunch of motherfucking satyrs, life is fucking awesome
>one day this bunch of fuckheads in crazy metal armour show up and wreck all your shit
>force you into indentured service on farms
>call you subhuman
>insist you never killed giants or scared snakes
>your fair folk buddies run away or die from lack of dance and merriment
>nothing left of the good times but boggy hills, whisky and the occasional pretty redheaded girl

Are you telling me this wouldn't give you cause to hate the English and drink ceaselessly until you died? It's literally the exact same story as the Australian Aborigines, with the only saving graces being skin colour similarity and a fuckton closer match in agricultural and military technology.
>>
File: Paddy O'Leary.jpg (41 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
Paddy O'Leary.jpg
41 KB, 620x350
>>397366
>equating the Irish with the Aboriginals

Hey, you said it.
>>
>>397078
>scandinavians and dutchies were considered the short people of europe once
>they're the tallest in the world now
how does this shit happen?
[spoiler]it isn't fair[/spoiler]
>>
>>397366
Underrated post
>>
>>397366
>"English"

I think you mean Anglos. Because the ancient "English" were Celtic as well.
>>
File: 1449886231702.jpg (142 KB, 412x760) Image search: [Google]
1449886231702.jpg
142 KB, 412x760
>>
File: why tho.jpg (69 KB, 234x246) Image search: [Google]
why tho.jpg
69 KB, 234x246
>>397387

Memes aside the only major difference I can think of is the orders of magnitude that lie between the relative levels of culture shock. If you take the Aboriginal/European first encounters and scale down the isolation by about 50,000 years and 13000 nautical miles, you get the modern Celtic experience.

All I want to do is drink spirits till the world seems fun again, fuck, fight, and sing myself to sleep, but all these other assholes have come along talking about "Empires this" and "Failure to adhere to office hours that" and now I weep for my future children.
>>
>>397422

Everyone knows who's being referred to when you mention "the English"

Generally people use the term briton or celt otherwise.
>>
>>397427
Please continue on.

Chronicle the Irish experience if you can.
>>
File: 1449886604813.jpg (169 KB, 398x760) Image search: [Google]
1449886604813.jpg
169 KB, 398x760
>>
File: 1449886410977.jpg (149 KB, 423x760) Image search: [Google]
1449886410977.jpg
149 KB, 423x760
>>
>>397305
No, the literal definition of a kekhold is a man who enjoys/finds sexually arousing watching his significant other having sex with another man. Since that never happened to king Arthur he's not a kek
>>
>>397450
He allowed another man to romance his partner without blood being spilled.

He gave his blessings by inaction.
>>
>>397450
>the husband of an adulteress, often regarded as an object of derision.

That's the dictionary definition.

Which describes Arthur.
>>
>>397092
"The conditions of your people" is an illusion created by your nationalism and internalisation of bourgeois morality.
>>
>>397450
>who enjoys/finds sexually arousing
That's a kekold FETISH. A kekold however is just a guy who's being cheated on by his wife, whether he likes it or not.
>>
>>397463
Fuck you lol you must be Jewish

I know where I came from and the people who I am culturally spawned from

Piss off with your marixsm.
>>
File: 1448588759745.jpg (55 KB, 767x387) Image search: [Google]
1448588759745.jpg
55 KB, 767x387
>>397427
I can't believe I'm sympathizing with some mick paddy Celtic nationalist about wanting to get drunk, start fights and fuck pussy all day as opposed to empire and nation building.

But then again my current life is pretty shit right now.
>>
File: 1449886337862.jpg (138 KB, 410x760) Image search: [Google]
1449886337862.jpg
138 KB, 410x760
>>
>>397472
If you're going to claim that nation precedes culture then you've immediately left Mussolini and the Italians behind, left the Magyarists in the dust, and entered blood-fascism ala Hitler.

Fuck you mate.
>>
>>397502
This thread is The Irish.

You want to claim The Irish don't exist. Peddle your marxism to someone else.
>>
File: rangawat.jpg (63 KB, 425x358) Image search: [Google]
rangawat.jpg
63 KB, 425x358
>>397437

Personally I'm actually Scottish, not Irish, so I guess I have the added Mexican element of being stuck on the shitty side of a trendy new wall for a whole bunch of important centuries, and getting your shit thoroughly pushed in by superior firepower every time you get across it.

It's weird to think that we invented soap and television and all these other civilised things like football hooliganism, yet there's this constant craving in the pit of my soul to pack it all in, put on a woollen skirt and drink myself to death with liquor that seasoned connoisseurs describe as tasting like flammable compost.

I reckon I never feel like "conquering" anything, just having a good time and doing the right thing by the people I respect, and from what I can see my ancestors were the same, as were the Irish.

It's kind of like the Romans threw a big party about being all civilised and imperial and whatever, but they snubbed the Celtic (and I guess the Nordic) races for some petty reason, and we couldn't get past the bouncer until all the fun was already over. Now all the other European races have all these in-jokes about "that wild party at Rome's place" and we're all left wondering why they've all started talking old-timey Italian and ironically worshipping a Jewish hippy.
>>
>>397510
>argumentum ad OP
You are a worthless piece of shit aren't you?
>>
>>397548
You want to tell me that the Irish don't exist.

You are Jewish, tell me I'm wrong. All you have is insults as you fail to dis-identify an entire people.

For the last time, peddle your marxism to someone stupid. This is not the thread.
>>
>>397545
They should have fortified Hadrian's Wall to keep the Scots contained
>>
>>397502
You know he never claimed anything of the sort, why do you shit post senpai?
>>
>>397565
Hebrews know no shame historically. They still think this is the USSR and they can destroy every other identity.
>>
File: muh balls.jpg (14 KB, 261x217) Image search: [Google]
muh balls.jpg
14 KB, 261x217
>>397564

They did, that's why it was called Hadrian's Wall, not Hadrian's Tasteful Hedgerow
>>
File: flegs.png (199 KB, 621x630) Image search: [Google]
flegs.png
199 KB, 621x630
it's the manx you have to watch out for
>>
>>397411

I'm not sure you're ready for this red pill.

Have you ever heard of the Lebensborn?
>>
>>397450

no, that's not the actual definition.
>>
>>397422
>the ancient "English"

You mean Britons.
>>
>>397092
If you're Irish, you should at least know the basics. Nine Years War, Cronwell, Cromwellian Land settlement, Penal Laws, Rack Renting, Absentee Landlords, etc.

This thread is /int/ shit and belongs off the board.
>>
>>397621
That program was by far not big enough to have such a major effect, at least not in the Netherlands. Besides that, after the war, children from these clinics were often ostracized and openly discriminated.
>>
>>397545
>tasting like flammable compost

well compost is actually flammable, and dogs eat it so I figure it can't really be that bad, r-right guys?
>>
>>397638
>That program was by far not big enough

you have no idea how deep this particular rabbit has dug it's hole.

what do you think those SS men in Norway were doing with all their free time?
>>
>>397554
>You are Jewish, tell me I'm wrong.
You're wrong mate. I'm Australian from an atheist labour movement culture on both sides, 3 generations back.

Also you just engaged in blood-race theory.

>All you have is insults as you fail to dis-identify an entire people.

Tell me, m8, what religion are the Irish?

You're going to say catholic, aren't you? Aren't you you little cunt?

This thread belongs in >>>/trash/ or >>>/int/
>>
>>397565
>You know he never claimed anything of the sort, why do you shit post senpai?
>I know where I came from and the people who I am culturally spawned from

You're illiterate. Fuck, I miss the /lit/ reactionaries.
>>
>They were seem as barely human by the rest if Europe at the time.
That sort of thing didn't really start until the 19th century and only lasted for 100 years or so.

From the 5th to the 12th century Irish people basically had a monopoly on western scholarship. There were enclaves of Irish people everywhere in Europe.
"May well Greece mourn, for the culture of the Byzantines has been carried to our Kingdom thanks to the men of Ireland."
"Thank God for Ireland, who, facing the dangers of the sea, blessed our shores with her flock of learned men."
"Jesus granted us liberation through the crop of women from Ireland."
"The Irish are clever and martyrous by nature."
Quotes like that pop up a lot in 9th and 10th century literature.

When people started to get into the history of monasticism more in the early 20th century this caused a lot of jealousy. Mostly because Britain had turned Ireland into a smoldering wreck and people in countries like Italy, Belgium, Germany, France and Switzerland couldn't reconcile the fact that they owed their early history to people from such a "backward" country. They go to WE WUZ KINGZ tier lengths to justify this. There was an Italian writer living in the 1930s who concluded that Bobbio was not founded by the Irish saint Columbanus, but by an Italian saint called Columbo. That the Irish poet Adomnan was actually a German called "Ubermann", says a Belgian writer of the same period. Irish manuscripts turned up by the dozen in England, and people were convinced they couldn't have been Irish because they were "too tidy". French writers convinced themselves that their dozens of Irish monasteries were actually founded by Northumbrians who adopted Irish names in return for being given whiskey.

It's all a bit ridiculous.
>>
File: 1423010696569.jpg (178 KB, 998x576) Image search: [Google]
1423010696569.jpg
178 KB, 998x576
>>397651

>atheist labour movement
>I'm Australian
>you just engaged in blood-race theory
>links to board
>calls him a cunt
>>
>>397671
Seems like an accurate if tendentious summary of my post m80.
>>
>>397684
>tendentious

that's a big word
>>
>>397718
U
U
U
U
>>
File: Éire Abú.png (511 KB, 544x476) Image search: [Google]
Éire Abú.png
511 KB, 544x476
Simply put; continuous subjugation, enslavement, and multiple genocides over the course of 750 odd years ensured that the best of the Éireannach (bar few) were killed off by the British establishment and soup-eaters (the pets of the former).

You have to remember that an Gorta Mór wasn't the only "famine" in Ireland, there were dozens of them. Post-1847 we were at our nadir in all terms. This is where the "sub-human" depictions come from, propaganda.

I seriously doubt you're Irish if you don't even know this basic history.
>>
What kind of manchild roleplays his nation/ancestors?
>>
>>397621
Really now. "Only" 10 000-12 000 kids in Norway where tyskerunger. They tried to deport 8000 of these kids resulted from Lebensborn operations back to Germany after they where considered "retarded with deviant behaviour".

Every kid even remotely suspected to be a tyskerunge got heavily bullied in school.
>>
>>397078
That double plural. Triggered
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.