[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.theguardian.com/technolo gy/2015/dec/03/pixar-vir
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: coffee-cup.jpg (251 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
coffee-cup.jpg
251 KB, 1500x1000
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/dec/03/pixar-virtual-reality-storytelling-ed-catmull

>Pixar Animation co-founder Ed Catmull has warned that virtual reality technology may not be the revolution in storytelling that some of its evangelists have claimed.

>“It’s not storytelling. People have been trying to do [virtual reality] storytelling for 40 years. They haven’t succeeded. Why is that? Because we know that if they succeed then people would jump on it.”

Is it jsut me, or is offhand rejection of current events / technology absolutely a sign of degeneracy and small mindedness? Too many vested interests. The upper classes will be wanking over themselves for reading the greeks for the next 200 years to be quite honesto mi familia.
>>
Before anything else, you ought to know that the theory of social degeneration is deeply flawed and have pretty much been abandoned in all fields of the social sciences for well over a hundred years, for several reasons; these days it's because there's so many sub-cultures popping up everywhere, more than ever before, so it's just plain false to claim civilization is degenerating.

You may want to check up on the wikipedia article. Talking about degeneration is like talking about lamarckism instead of darwinism on /sci/.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degeneration_theory

You need to specify if you mean small-mindedness among the person in question, the group he belongs at, or the society at large.
>>
>>395171
>2015/dec/03/
>less than 25 years old
>mention the greeks to try to shoehorn it into something historically related

>degeneracy

Are you quite sure you're on the right board, family?
>>
File: get a load of this fag.gif (3 MB, 500x206) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this fag.gif
3 MB, 500x206
>virtual reality
>storytelling
Here is the only story I need for the purposes of my VR use: She is my waifu and loves me dearly.

Now piss off, Ed.
>>
>>395171
>Is it just me, or is offhand rejection of current events/technology absolutely a sign of degeneracy and small mindedness?

This being said on a board where video as a form of education on history and philosophy is instantly dismissed in favor of books? Hosted on a website where homosexuality and transsexuality are instantly dismissed as mental illnesses?

I mean, I agree, but this is the wrong place to talk about it. 4chan is backwards as fuck.
>>
File: 1409800907968[2].jpg (52 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
1409800907968[2].jpg
52 KB, 500x329
>>395257
> Hosted on a website where homosexuality and transsexuality are instantly dismissed as mental illnesses?
Fairly sure /lgbt/ doesn't consider faggots and trannies as having mental illnesses.
>>
>>395197
Seriously.

When I read people use terms like "decadence" and "degeneracy" on here referring to events like the fall of the Western Roman Empire I just chuckle since the terms have fallen long out of use.
>>
>>396065
do you think there's a relationship between how decadent and degenerate a society is and the popularity of those terms?
>>
>>395197
>Talking about degeneration is like talking about lamarckism instead of darwinism on /sci/.

Except there are up to five distinct theories of evolution as proposed by Darwin, and Mayr was already criticising Darwinist believes. Also, Darwin borrowed a lot from Lamarck to write the Origin of the Species and Descent of Man.
>>
>>395288
For trannies yes.
Trannies are like in this unofficial separate zone compared with the rest.
>>
>>395288
Fairly sure /lgbt/ doesnt represent the vast majority of the website.
The high traffic boards are all neo-conservative right wing /pol/tards.
>>
>>397773

which /v/, /a/ and /b/ are not.

you're in a website for crossdressing weeaboo nerds, dragon sex toys and dank memes.
>>
test
>>
test 2
>>
test3
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.