[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Caesar did nothing wrong. The Senate's refusal to take firm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: iul023.jpg (172 KB, 570x850) Image search: [Google]
iul023.jpg
172 KB, 570x850
Caesar did nothing wrong.
The Senate's refusal to take firm action and internal corruption brought about the end of the Republic. The Empire was created to only ensure the longevity of Rome, not its destruction. Brutus and his ilk are murderers who deserved to die. Pompey was a good man, but was pressured by the Senate to stand against his former friend. The status of Sulla's honor is questionable.
>>
>t. Bello Gallico
>>
>>394320
Trve

Catilina did nothing wrong
>>
File: Juliuscaesar.jpg (87 KB, 390x513) Image search: [Google]
Juliuscaesar.jpg
87 KB, 390x513
>>394320

"it's treason, then"
>>
>>394320
>questionable
The fuck, out of Marius, Sulla, Pompey, and Caesar, Sulla is the LEAST questionable. He literally did nothing wrong. Being legally elected past the age of 40 and taking legions to fight Mithridates (who had just massacred tens of thousands of Romans instead of sitting innocently like Gauls) as a consul during his consular year was fine. Trying to turn the command over to a retired octogenarian who had had two strokes was wrong and irresponsible no matter how you spin it. Everything Sulla did was justified.
>>
File: Pompey.jpg (25 KB, 357x480) Image search: [Google]
Pompey.jpg
25 KB, 357x480
>>394434
"It's over Caesar, I have the backing of the senate."
>>
File: 1437883076403.png (350 KB, 576x700) Image search: [Google]
1437883076403.png
350 KB, 576x700
>>394597
YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY LEGIONS!
>>
The Republic was more about protecting the interests of the patricians than the plebeians anyway.
>>
File: GW371H205.jpg (33 KB, 361x205) Image search: [Google]
GW371H205.jpg
33 KB, 361x205
>>394599
Don't try it.
>>
File: assassination.jpg (105 KB, 733x600) Image search: [Google]
assassination.jpg
105 KB, 733x600
>>394643
HRAAAAAAAAAARGH
>>
>>394320
Except the genocide he did in The Netherlands.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/11/julius-caesar-battlefield-unearthed-southern-netherlands-dutch-archaeologists
>>
Didn't Ptolemy behead Pompei before he could even really fight against Caesar?
>>
>>394847
YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE! IT WAS SAID YOU WOULD DESTROY THE TYRANTS, NOT BECOME ONE! BRING REPUBLICANISM BACK, NOT LEAVE IT IN DICTATORSHIP
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.