[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there so much focus on Hitler and the Holocaust in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Mao as the Sun 2400x1300 px.jpg (3 MB, 2400x1350) Image search: [Google]
Mao as the Sun 2400x1300 px.jpg
3 MB, 2400x1350
Why is there so much focus on Hitler and the Holocaust in the American school system? Year after year, we were reminded of the nazis and what happend to the Jews. However, why did we not ever learn about how many died under Stalin rule? Or during the rape of Nanking? Or under Pol Pot? Or under Mao Zedong? Why are the Nazis so vehemently vilified when other countries have done so much worse?
>>
They want to demonize the true hero, Hitler, to make themselves look good for stopping him
>>
white guilt

its in the media, news, literature, education system, etc etc
>>
Mainly because WW2 was the most important event of the last century. You learn about the other things in more detail at university.
>>
I leaned about both
>>
Just go to /pol/ and make a Jew thread instead of this shitty bait.

On the off chance you actually want a serious answer, it's the same reason why Western history in general gets much more coverage than Eastern history in America.
>>
>>38960
I don't know about you, but the school system in my part of America, or my states' common core, doesn't mention shit about Hitler, any of the years. Whatsoever, and it's starting to piss me off, because I think at least ONE mention, or lesson over the SS, and final solution etc, is needed. It's almost as if, they stopped giving a fuck, about one of the largest conflicts of the 20th century
>>
>>38960
The Australian education system is stupid bias on this topic, they boil WW2 down to "Hitler was a bad man, but don't worry kids, we beat him fair and square". They tell you nothing of his motivations or the events leading to his defeat
>>
>>38960

No one actually cares if Asians killed each other.

Holocaust hits home because you'd expect Western civilizations would have been above systematic and effective persecution and genocide. The typical communist genocide reeks of sheer incompetence.
>>
>>39072
You must be like 13 then. Reported
>>
>>39087
Actually they taught us that his motivations were purely out of spite for the jews, if i ever overcome social autism and have kids i'm not putting them in a catholic school.
>>
>>39044
>thread about scary topic
>pls go back to pol this makes me uncomfortable thanks :^)
>>
>>38960
Why is there no focus on the USA exploiting both, nature and human being in the American school system?
Year after year, we were reminded of nazis and what happend to the Jews. However, why did we not ever learn about how many childs get exploited under US American brands? Or families and people that get killed? Or labour unions getting wrecked by brands like Coca-Cola?
Why are the Nazis so vehemently vilified when the USA and it's economics have done su much worse?

First, you should answer these questions, m8
>>
Because the primary victims of Hitler live in New York. The primary victims of Stalin live in Ukrainian villages and the victims of Mao and Pol Pot didn't even survive to tell their story.
>>
>>39124
He never said he was 13. Enjoy getting b& for false report.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.