[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about the society that built, among others, Great Zimbabwe.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: qa2c04f49.jpg (58 KB, 303x400) Image search: [Google]
qa2c04f49.jpg
58 KB, 303x400
Tell me about the society that built, among others, Great Zimbabwe. I don't want anons derailing threads by fighting with each other (the second threat is beyond hope), I want something of

>>348993

quality.
>>
Aliens built it.
>>
>>389098
check the catalogue before making threads
>>
"great" Zimbabwe was just some stone structure built bu Arabs in the area?
>>
File: zimbabwebird.jpg (188 KB, 576x720) Image search: [Google]
zimbabwebird.jpg
188 KB, 576x720
>>389118

Did you ever check it? It's just stormniggers shouting, I want something better.
>>
>>389171
Meant to end that with a period and not a question mark
>>
>>389171
No, it was not built by Arabs, it doesn't look anything like any structure Arabs have ever built in any other part of the world
>>
People from the Arabic peninsula built it iirc, I dont know much more about it though
>>
>>389171
Why would you take the word of the Rhodesian government before the actual historians and archaeologists who said that it was built by native Africans?
>>
>>389181
You think they are gonna build a giant mosque or something? They were just stopping in the area
>>
>>389193
And you take the word of the Zimbabwe government? Do you think Mugabe would let archaeologist go anywhere near that sight now?
>>
>>389195
Thats actually a good point for it being buitl by africans, if it was arabs putting in that amount of effort to create a structure surely they would have actually built a mosque
>>
>>389211
Why would travelers do that if they were not going to stay in an area permanent?
>>
>>389205
It's not a question of one government's word, actual experts who studied the site said it was built by Africans, and the Rhodesian government suppressed their findings because it wasn't politically convenient.
>>
>>389217
Why would they build anything then, an African origin for the structure seems much more likely
>>
>>389227
I can;t stand you Afrocentrists
>>
>>389181
Not the anon you're replying to but maybe it was built by some arab army that was lost or some other army from a kingdom that actually built castles all the time

or the locals just had a single ruler/architect that wasn't retarded and he ended up building a small stone fort but they never had a guy like him again
>>
File: Conical-Tower-Great-Zimbabwe.jpg (72 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Conical-Tower-Great-Zimbabwe.jpg
72 KB, 600x450
>>389195

Maybe

>something that doesn't have a long history in the region

>something that is at least slightly reminescent of anything Arab

>something whose descendants didn't continue thriving in the area later
>>
>>389236
There are hundreds of zimbabwes, anon.
>>
>>389227
>Why would they build anything then
To protect themselves from locals, possibly

They may have dropped islam for the most part and anyone who did still follow it just did whatever they do inside some shed
>>
>>389231
>Implying I have any personal bias for this view point

I'm Australian...
>>
>>389247
what do you mean?
>>
File: 1449776307942.png (143 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1449776307942.png
143 KB, 960x540
>>389253
not that anon

>pic related (from the other current thread)
>>
>>389265
More things built by Travelers? I find it hard to believe that people in that area who their for so long just decided in the 11th century to build a couple of stone structures and then stop
>>
File: reconstruction-of-khami.jpg (214 KB, 800x553) Image search: [Google]
reconstruction-of-khami.jpg
214 KB, 800x553
>>389253
Structures like this are spread throughout the region, Great Zimbabwe being the biggest and most famous.

Also, I said no /pol/ shit, you already have a containment thread. Post there if you want to say something about Arabs, fucking please.
>>
>>389265
if the pic in the OP is the "great zimbabwe" and there are just a ton of smaller ones then it probably was just a single ruler who got his shit together
>>
>>389278
>Also, I said no /pol/ shit
How is anything I said "/pol/ shit"? And just excluding certain opinions is hug box tier. Go back to reddit if you want censorship you sjw faggot
>>
>>389171
>>389183

Arabs are alien to Zimbabwe, therefore, aliens built it.
>>
File: 1449610818068s.jpg (5 KB, 250x222) Image search: [Google]
1449610818068s.jpg
5 KB, 250x222
>>389274
THEY DIDN'T FUCKING STOP DWELVE INTO THE SUBJECT DEEPER YOU STUPID CUNT

NO, STORMFRONT AND /POL/ AREN'T SOURCES
>>
>>389303
>THEY DIDN'T FUCKING STOP
Yea they did
>>
>>389303
butthurt
>>
>>389295

If you don't want to be here, fuck off. Don't like the thread? Hide it then. You can go bitch about SJWs all you want on /qa/. Just fuck off, you and your redpilled friends.
>>
>>389334
>If you don't want to be here, fuck off.
I never said that you moron. All I did was tell you to go fuck yourself for wanting to censor opinions.

>Don't like the thread? Hide it then.
Never said I didn't like the thread. Are you a schizo or something?

>You can go bitch about SJWs all you want on /qa/. Just fuck off, you and your redpilled friends.
You really are cancer, faggot. I said nothing that was "/pol/ shit" and then you start sperging out and saying I'm a right winger or some bullshit. Seriously, get help. You obviously have problems.
>>
>>389285

Yes, a ruler ruling hundreds of years. Remember, if you read anything to the contrary, it's all afrocentrist conspiracy to oppress the poor you!
>>
>>389278
>>389303
>DELETE THIS
>>
>>389366
>Yes, a ruler ruling hundreds of years
I'm talking about the great zimbabwe. I'm not saying a single ruler built all of them you cock sucking nerd.
>>
>>389354
Not that anon, it's not about censoring, it's just the complete lack of any sources or evidence for the suggestion that non Africans created the hundreds of known structures
>>
>>389231
>it's afrocentrist to say that Africans built something in Africa
>>
>>389334
To be fair though when you go amd say that someone has to leave because their opinion is different then yours you're being a massive crybaby. And ir shows you don't enjoy history as much as you love people agreeing with you and showering you with approval.
In other words the mentality of a 12 year old
>>
>>389403

Then leave the thread. I want to know more about Great Zimbabwe than who built it. Their economy, art, culture, religion. If you think that's circlejerk, then great, fuck off.
>>
>>389389
That anon mentioned nothing of sources. He just blatantly stated he wanted nothing to do with certain views, or as he said, "/pol/ shit"

You can't just say things and expect people to somehow magically know what you meant by it.
>>
>>389437
meant for >>389391
>>
>>389403
>opinion

There is a difference between opinion and black-Olmec-tier revisionism. Start talking about young Earth creationism in an evolution thread on /sci/. You will get told that you are a retard and for good reason. What you say is against whole scientific knowledge we gathered throughout years. Evolution is not an opinion, it's undeniable fact.
>>
>>389285
Probably one ruler and his many offspring.
>>
>>389098
From the most to the least probable

1. Phoenicians
2. European explorers
3. Arabs
4. Aliens
5. Monkeys
6. Locals
>>
File: 1449046311647.jpg (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449046311647.jpg
67 KB, 500x500
>>389460
>>
>>389460
:^)

Explain. Preferably use archaeological sources.
>>
>>389422
http://www.slideshare.net/Teofilopolicarpo/connor-forgotten-africa-an-introduction-to-its-archaeology
>>
>>389454
One ruler built Great Zimbabwe. His offspring seemed to be less top tier apparently if few of them could make something that rivaled Great Zimbabwe.
>>
Y'all niggas postin' in a WE thread
>>
>>389473
Why didn't this happen in any culture I know about, anon?
>>
>>389489
Possibly because you don't know about any :^)
>>
File: khami ruins2.jpg (226 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
khami ruins2.jpg
226 KB, 800x522
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.