[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dan Carlin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1433709792457.jpg (432 KB, 2048x1492) Image search: [Google]
1433709792457.jpg
432 KB, 2048x1492
What's your opinion of the man, /his?
>>
>>388359
Based
>>
>>387376
Used to think he was good. Paid for a few podcasts.
But then he started spamming threads on here and now I just pirate his shit when I'm bored.
>>
File: wI44wf2.jpg (180 KB, 1055x706) Image search: [Google]
wI44wf2.jpg
180 KB, 1055x706
I liked blueprint for armageddon. Ww1 is so sad and 2spooky and he definitely talked about it that way. I can't wait to read the books he mentioned. He can be a bit hammy, but I appreciate his enthusiasm.

Just listening to it while closing down the kitchen at work was really fun. And made me not feel bad about anything because at least I wasn't getting BTFO by artillery in verdun.
>>
>>387376

I love his stuff on WW1.

The Battle of the Frontiers was both epic and obscure, and we'll never know because nobody wrote any of it down.
>>
>>387376

He's right about the A-Bombs.

Strategic bombing was a war-crime already. The A-Bombs were not worse than the strategic bombing campaign already was.
>>
>>387376
garbage
>>
>>389034
>strategic bombing was a war crime
If you sow the wind you deserve to reap the whirlwind
>>
>>389065

Then you can't say it's not wind. The whirlwind is still wind.
>>
>>387376

His podcasts are great and entertaining
>>
He can definitely get silly at points, but he's great at putting events in a relatable context. The WW1 podcast fucked my shit up, he lays out the horror and insane scale of deaths pretty vividly, had to put it down for a while.

There are definitely better sources, and I get how people can find him annoying, but he's worth checking out.
>>
>>387376
Not the most accurate or unbiased historical narrative at times, but his work is entertaining at least.
>>
File: HH56-cover2.jpg (430 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
HH56-cover2.jpg
430 KB, 1400x1400
From an educational standpoint he wouldn't be my first choice, there are just more objective sources to learn from. I sometimes zone out when he goes into one of his longer descriptions of a particular horror or atrocity, but I get that's sort of his shtick.

But my prime objective when listening to podcasts isn't educational, it's to listen to a great story, which is why I fell in love with history in the first place. I appreciate that he almost always mentions once an episode that he isn't a historian, he's a fan of history, which is what I consider myself to be.

In short, HH is my undisputed favorite history podcast, I've listened to every episode, they make my 8 hour drives back home from school infinitely more enjoyable.
>>
Are there other caster like him? I'm looking for more ww1 stuff.
>>
>>388673
You know where to pirate the Extras? Most places just have the mains.
>>
File: 1418591324778.jpg (47 KB, 592x448) Image search: [Google]
1418591324778.jpg
47 KB, 592x448
>>391791
nigga they're literally a dollar. You already pirated the majority of his work. The least you can do is toss him a buck or two.
>>
I really liked the Munster and ww1 ones, what do you guys reccommend that are similar?
>>
>>392282
In the same boat familia. Listened to his Ghosts of the Ostfront and Blueprint for Armageddon. Looking for something along the lines of those, not necessarily Dan Carlin.
>>
One of my favourite people, although the most recent 'mind control' show was a bit... out there. Maybe I need to re-listen and pay more attention.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.