[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
European Tribal Origin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 700x491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 700x491
So, which tribe do your people go back to?

>country
>tribe

>USA
>Saxon/Pre-Roman Briton
>>
>muh heritage
Kill yourself
>>
>>386402
Sicilia familia
>>
murrica/10
>>
>>386402
>Germany
>according to your map, the area I live in was cherusci territory, but better maps say it was sugambri
>then again, the migration period fucked all that shit up and made every continental european a mutt
>>
>>386402
>MUH HERITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!
>>
Why do people say "muh heritage", I like being connected to the old world. Stop being cunts.
>>
>>386490
This, however, is pure silly ideology, as
1. You have no fucking idea who you ancient ancestors really were, because a shitload of time has passed and no one bothered to keep any record of this.
2. Even if you did, your way of life is so radically different from theirs that the only connection is in your head, as a way of self-aggrandizement.
>>
>>386503
I suppose I am a mix which means I pay homage to all of them.
>>
>>386490
>>386503
Don't forget that everybody is technically related/connected to everybody
>>
>>386402
silures,ovdvices and brigantaes with quite a smattering of anglo saxon in the 5-6th century
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 947x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 947x768
>>386402
>Somali
>It's not polite to talk about clans
>>
>>386402
Geats, Scotii, West Britons, Langobardi

Motherfucker, you need a bigger map.
>>
>>386402
Bedouins
>>
>>386402
>Italy
>Daunians, Arberesh, Dorian Greek
>>
>>386503
This is not completely true. For instance, they found the remnants of a guy living in my area around 2000 bc, and by doing some DNA tests ( my family's heritage was already guessed to be one of the oldest still around in the region because of family trees) they found that we're really related to that person.

The netherlands btw
>>
File: americans on ancestry.jpg (71 KB, 362x404) Image search: [Google]
americans on ancestry.jpg
71 KB, 362x404
>>386402
>>
USA

Paternal grandfather: Angles
Paternal grandmother: Frisians
Maternal grandfather: Franks
Maternal grandmother: Dál gCais

And literally everyone who ever lived around any of those people, most likely.
>>
>>387132
So, your family has never left that place for 4000 years? Jeez it must be pretty nice there.
>>
>be godless scandinavian mutt
>every thread like this on /his/ and /int/ makes you die a little on the inside
>>
>>387186
So you're British. Got it.
>>
>>386402
Lusitanian and Laketani with some random German Visigoth.
>>
Getae and Slavs.
>>
>>387663

>Visigoth
>German
>>
>>387663
Hello, fellow Portuguese.

btw, Visigoths weren't Germans. The Germans were a bunch of pussies that got rekt by the Huns and got no land in the Roman Empire; that's why they live way up there in the frozen North, where there is no fun and no sun, only Ordnung und Arbeit.
>>
>>386402
Gaeldom strong.
>>
>>386435
>>386439
>>386455
>>386503
>Being this triggered
>>
>>386402
My family is from much farther north than what's shown there

T. Saami
>>
>>386402
Why isn't britain divided into tribes?
>>
>>386402
Nuragic mainly, possibly some Italic tribe too since one of my ancestors was from continental Italy
>>
>>387822

Cause it was part of the Roman Empire, and the map does not shown the tribes inside of her borders.
>>
>eastern tavastia, finland
>tavastian
>>
>>387841
Oh, good point. A pretty poor choice of map by OP then.

For me it's the Angles and maybe possibly Caledonians.
>>
Albanian tribe of Thaqi
>>
>>386402
Spain
By location, Laietani Iberians

But I have a visigoth and/or jewish surname, so who knows.
>>
>>387749
I'm Spanish (catalan) my grandad was portu-bro tough.
>>387738
I tough Goths were a kind of German.
>>
Serb mixed with some Balkan native folk for sure
>>
>>387928

Goths were a Germanic tribe.
They didnt set a foot in Germany.
>>
>>387915

A surname from before the Eight Century? Thats dubious.
And "Jewish surnames" didnt use to be exclusively Jewish.
>>
>>386402
Italy
Adriatic Veneti? Euganeii? Romans? Some migration time german tribe? I don't know.
>>
I don't know my ancestors could be from anywhere between central turkey to bosnia .
>>
>kuwait
>Shamer
>>
>>387749
>>387738
i'm pretty sure he meant germanic
also what the fuck is a laketani
>>
These are just names the romans made up as they went along. There's no way to know if they corresponded to reality in any way.
>>
>americans

stop
>>
File: Ethnographic_Iberia_200_BCE.png (193 KB, 644x599) Image search: [Google]
Ethnographic_Iberia_200_BCE.png
193 KB, 644x599
>>388386

Iacetani I suppose.
>>
>>386402
>Finland
>12nd century Danish (whatever they were), Fennoswedish, Finnish (50%)
>>
>>387132
Yeah, but as anon writes, you have nothing in common with that guy living in your area 4000 years ago. Besides, it is likely that you are as much related to him, as a shit-load of other people, spread out over the entire world.
Not that it isn't cool though.
>>
>>387992
Probably all of those since people move a lot and the further you go back in time the more ancestors you have, certainly they didn't all come from a single tribe.
>>
>>388411
you mean laietani since it's closer to the "k" on the keyboard plus the dude is from cataluña not aragón
>>
>>388391
>>387137
>>386503
>>386455
>>386439
>>386435
>a former British settler colony that speaks English and uses common law, among many other Anglo things, cannot be connected to the Anglo-Saxons that established it
>>
>>387992
i once read italian peoples had some of the most untainted and pure genetic families in the world
that is to say, they had very little contribution from migrants
>>
>>386402
1) fuck your heritage nobody cares
2)you are wrong anyway, if you were able to track your ancestry 2000 years back you would probably look like a degenerate retard
3)fuck your heritage btw
>>
>>386402
Where am I supposed to go back if I'm half-Persian and half-English mixed with Scottish and French?
>>
>>388487
Maybe you mean Sardinians, Sardinians are basically genetically identical to neolithic Europeans.

This doesn't mean that some of my bazillion ancestors can't come from elsewhere, but just that most of them were natives.
>>
>>387797
>People who call me out for my retarded obsession over something irellevant are just le triggered xD
>>
>>388527
>n-no! /his/ is my board! I can't let those damned plebians have fun here!
>>
File: 1433806107.68642960.jpg (85 KB, 604x533) Image search: [Google]
1433806107.68642960.jpg
85 KB, 604x533
>>388527
>>
>>386402
Panonia
>>
File: Houyi.jpg (85 KB, 402x598) Image search: [Google]
Houyi.jpg
85 KB, 402x598
>>386402
Huaxia :^)
>>
>>387797
>le "I'm European like you guys, I have culture and heritage t-too" meme
FUCK Americans and this autistic garbage
>>
>>388494
:^) there is no bullying in this thread, it's not my fault you're too poor to afford a DNA test
>>
>>388481
The lacetani bit is in Catalonia, even though the map is pretty shitty as it shows the ilergetes way smaller than they are and in general the tribes in modern catalonia are very randomly desitributed. There should be more of them and smallers, while the Ilergetes should be way bigger with lands in both catalonia and aragon.
>>
>>388495
you're supposed to go back to the USA anon.
>>
>>389942
That doesn't fit in with the OP's topic
>>
>>386402
There is some Frisii in it I reckon, a bit of Danish here, bit of German there and to top it off there is probably some Mediterranean.
>>
>>388877
fuck you, America is the greatest country in the world and it's not even close. And Americans are a damn great people.

>people always shit on Basedmerica on the Internet
>tfw my biggest dream is to live in America
>tfw I'm stuck in cu.ckmany
>>
R O M A
O
M
A
>>
>>389942
Thata not what all the butthurt native americans say
>>
>>386402
I'm going with one of the greek countries by the Black Seas since it's named after me.
>>
t. Pontius Pilate
>>
Dalmatian, Epirot, Macedonian or a mix of these, I would guess.
>>
raumarici or vandals
>>
>>387192
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlaardingen_culture
It's one of the first sedentary cultures of Europe, yeah the place has always been a good spot for fishery and stuff like that

>>388467
True though
>>
>>390490
Thanks for looking out for us senpai. I hope one day you join our lands and be able to use the imperial system freely without being judged by jealous keks. I hope one day you use our system to measure your glorious hamburger as you shove that quarter pounder down your throat. I hope you one day get that tingling feeling inside your belly as you sing the Star Spangled Banner and watch the jets fly over your head. I hope you achieve true freedom anon because that's what our country is about.
>>
>>388877
Americans in a nutshell:
>20 years of meddling in the middle east, parading themselves as the world police
>Fuck up so badly, and stir the hornets nest so much, that Europe as a whole may now very well be on the brink of cultural destruction
You now have two groups of americans:
One group is bawling their eyes out about their "heartland", and heritage is being destroyed by the retarded europeans.
Another group is saying "fuck Europe, and the people!", acting like they are without any fault.
I swear to god, that when the European civil war has been settled, I will work very fucking hard to get this americanization of Europe twarted to the ground.
>>
>>392179
>it's named after me.
I don't think so, Jim.
>>
How on earth are you suppose to know from what tribe you are? I can go back to the 14th century with the help of church books but that's it.
>>
>>393104
>>20 years of meddling in the middle east, parading themselves as the world police
>>Fuck up so badly, and stir the hornets nest so much, that Europe as a whole may now very well be on the brink of cultural destruction
So much this.

> Why do you take on so many immigrants, Hans?
Because we've a conscience and have to do something to the poor people that have to suffer from your setting the world on fire.
>>
>>386402
Helvetti, if we're to assume my family's been in the same land since the Roman times
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.