[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: UK_Durnham_02.jpg (114 KB, 886x630) Image search: [Google]
UK_Durnham_02.jpg
114 KB, 886x630
Hello /his/torians, I am a final year student of history in glorious eastern Europe university. I am a few months shy of having to sustain my thesis so I could acquire my Bachelor's Degree, and i am in a bit of a pickle…
I want to write the thesis in the domain of medieval archaeology but I find myself in trouble of making my mind upon one subject.
What I ask of you sirs is to give me an idea, a subject, just that. A siege, remnants of an old town, something interesting (that has been attested archaeology). The only things I could come up with are "Religious tolerance in the Norman realm" and some stuff on a local battle, but these ideas seem too general and boring to me.
So… what are your ideas /his/?
>>
>>382151

That if you are studying in Eastern Europe you should check something nearer to you.
Your teachers should be able to give some advice about interesting subjects around your country.
>>
>>382212
DESU teachers don't usually suggest local stuff, even though i plan to develop my career locally, archaeology is not a really big thing around here. It's almost always better to do your thesis in a non-local subject, mostly for recognition abroad.
>>
>>382151
Do you need something local?

Here's 4,000 year old siberian bone armour

http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/archaeologists-unearth-4000-year-old-siberian-knight-armour-102090
>>
>>382151
The excavation at Holmgard in Russia is pretty interesting especially the varangian period. You could look at the transition to orthodoxy there in the eleventh century AD.
>>
dude, its a bachelors
dont overdo it
>>
>>382225

Well, you must have a teacher. He should be envolved into something.
>>
>>382244
Medieval please. And Siberia is like far as fuck. Nice article tho'.

>>382275
I think a colleague of my is covering that subject. He has knowledge of Russian and that is a plus. As far as I know the ruskies haven't translated a lot of stuff.

>>382304
I kno

>>382413
He teaches European Medieval History and Medieval Archaeology, the last one being the domain which I am targeting. As far as I know he hasn't dug up anything for at least 5 years I think. He told me to come up with a subject and he'll just do the coordination.
>>
>>382458

But he should know people who is digging up something.
>>
>>382483

Found more of those by myself, the think with the local battle was suggested to me by some archaeologists. (the unique think is about that battle is that the nearby village poisoned the wells with cattle heads before the combatants arrived.) In my country archaeological reports are published online free of charge.
>>
>>382151
Surely you should make it more interesting.

Trips decide your thesis.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.