[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/his/ - History and Humanities >HUMANITIES Does this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: 1442149502962.jpg (182 KB, 1280x848) Image search: [Google]
1442149502962.jpg
182 KB, 1280x848
>/his/ - History and Humanities
>HUMANITIES

Does this mean we're allowed to discuss philosophy?
ITT: post your philosophy of life
>>
I'm like Schopenhauer, edgy, nihilistic, with a wicked sense of humor
>>
There's only one God ma'am
>>
File: Marcus Aurelius.jpg (162 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Marcus Aurelius.jpg
162 KB, 1440x900
>>
>>4137
>Re-Interpretation
No thanks faglord, I don't need you misreading the originals for me
>>
YOLO
>>
How edgy should I feel for embracing stocism?
>>
File: shibe.jpg (116 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
shibe.jpg
116 KB, 900x600
Pantheism is the best philosophy of life. The Universe is it's god, the rules of the universe are gods rules.
>>
File: 1401643732495.jpg (552 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1401643732495.jpg
552 KB, 1920x1200
this
>>
Yes.
>>3384
>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc.
>>
>>4364
Stoicism isn't edgy, it's probably the most based philosophy. The only problem is applying it consistently in real life.
>>
I am a Christian but a pseduo literature guy.

Where should I start?
I consider myself nihilistic christian if there's anything in that alley
>>
File: Father.jpg (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Father.jpg
14 KB, 250x250
combined with this
>>
what is /lit/ gonna do now? 90% of that board is philosophy talk
someone should ask them
>>
>>4300
Do you really think they could have translated 100% of it and still keep sense to it ?
>>
>>4487
Seethe with rage
>>
>>4487
Isn't /lit/ mostly populated by the gays?
>>
>>4404
Socrates was widely described as being an ugly piece of work, you know that right? Not just by Nietzsche, but by contemporaries as well. Practice what you preach is my philosophy, I don't need some armchair personal trainer telling me what I ought to look like.

>>4457
>nihilistic christian
How would this work?
>>
>>4457
obviously the church fathers like St.Augustine and possibly Plato since christianity derives a lot of stuff from him.
>>
File: original.jpg (21 KB, 720x368) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
21 KB, 720x368
Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes.
>>
>>4035
this desu senpai
>>
>>4629
I guess for me personally its understanding that at the end of the day nothing matters so you believe in things such as Christianity to better yourself and to better society but understand that you're helpless.
Its taking the humbleness of the Christian without the ego that a nihilist really has

Honestly I know nothing of established thoughts of philosophy. I just study the bible and was a nihilist all my life
>>
>>4791
I didn't know you had to be a Christian to be humble, or and egoist to be a Nihilist.
I don't see how you could be a Christian and at the same time call yourself a nihilist. Do you believe in God?
>>
pls no. Since this a new board, theres going to be a large amount of /b/ and r9k.
>>
File: 1419571710925.jpg (275 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1419571710925.jpg
275 KB, 1000x1333
>>4466
Who /his/fit/ here?
>>
File: Shirou Emiya, a philosopher.png (861 KB, 960x1080) Image search: [Google]
Shirou Emiya, a philosopher.png
861 KB, 960x1080
I believe in becoming a hero of justice.
>>
>>5992
Who /mindofsteel/ here?
>>
>>>/lit/7307138

as it happens, I basically just set it out on /lit/
>>
nihilism
/site
>>
>>4487
ignore everything as usual
>>
File: Max_Stirner-k.jpg (47 KB, 501x525) Image search: [Google]
Max_Stirner-k.jpg
47 KB, 501x525
You are all my property
>>
>>6421
Don't spook me, bro
>>
>>6421
>le spooky man
>>
>>3818
Epicurism.

Stoics can come to me to get an asskicking.
>>
is shitposting philosophy of life?
>>
It should be only history allowed here

In a few days this place will be swarming with stirnerfags, marxists and endless STEM vs Humanities debates, just like /lit/
>>
Stoicism4lyfe
>>
>your philosophy of life

Friendly reminder that, in a given historical period/culture, there is only one overreaching ideology and you're influenced by it whether you like it or not.
>>
>>6568
>Implying Marxism (and therefore Stirner) isn't relevant to history.
Philosophy is as much a reflection of its time as any other part of human life.
>>
>>6616
And what ideology would that be, friend?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.