[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did black Africans make anything other than huts? Did they have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 48
File: image.jpg (252 KB, 721x458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252 KB, 721x458
Did black Africans make anything other than huts? Did they have anything else?
>>
File: fairytale.png (515 KB, 738x649) Image search: [Google]
fairytale.png
515 KB, 738x649
>>380623
did germanics make anything other than huts? Did they have anything else?
>>
File: Great_Mosque_of_Djenné_1.jpg (248 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Great_Mosque_of_Djenné_1.jpg
248 KB, 1024x768
>>380623
The Great Mosque of Djenne is just about the greatest African architectural achievement. It's not impressive, but y'know... it's not a hut I guess.
>>
File: Askia.jpg (31 KB, 530x398) Image search: [Google]
Askia.jpg
31 KB, 530x398
>>380848
>>380623
You've also got the Tomb of Askia the Great. Y'know, it's still made of mud but at least it's not a hut.
>>
File: pyramids-meroe-sudan50mb.jpg (189 KB, 850x461) Image search: [Google]
pyramids-meroe-sudan50mb.jpg
189 KB, 850x461
The Kushites built Pyramids, temples and cities.
>>
>>380855
>>380848
Was the Mali Empire better than, say, Ethiopia? Are there other notable empires that people just don't remember?

Sub-Saharan empire-wise of course
>>
File: Great-Zimbabwe.jpg (3 MB, 2100x1414) Image search: [Google]
Great-Zimbabwe.jpg
3 MB, 2100x1414
>>380623
pic related
also the Bantu peoples regularly made iron tools so there's that
>>
File: africa.jpg (778 KB, 1825x1919) Image search: [Google]
africa.jpg
778 KB, 1825x1919
I imagine when you say "black africans" you actually mean people living here?
Those areas never urbanized, and thus never needed big cities. The rest of the continent had big stone structures and monuments.
>>
>>380848
That was not created by Sub-Saharan blacks, if you want to get technical. Ethnic groups for North Africa were migrating across the Sahara, so that "Mosque" as you call it, was built by something like Arabs... I don't want to dig into my notes right now to find the answer, but you can Google it.

Just remember, Egypt is inhabited by the Arabs right now, but they had fuck-all to do with building the pyramids. People move. Ethnic groups move. food for thought.
>>
>>380875
Mate you are being a history revisionist and apologist right now.
We know how the kings of Mali looked like, they was described to us as obsidian black.
>>
>>380874
>Benin in the circle

/pol/ please
>>
>>380888
Benin only became rich once the british started buying people to work on their colonies.
When talking about big stone structures people normally mean earlier times.
>>
File: 32578658998.jpg (55 KB, 991x902) Image search: [Google]
32578658998.jpg
55 KB, 991x902
>>380875
1/10

really /pol/
>>
>>380893
I've seen infographs, I think I'd know.
>>
>>380892
Implying big stone structure are beneficial and not a waste of time and resources

Stonehenge BTFO
>>
>>380867
There were a bunch of Sahelian empires. Mali, Songhai, the Ashanti Kingdom actually had some pretty cool architectural styles. The Sokoto Caliphate was also a pretty big no shit Empire. Then there was the Empire of Ghana, that's the first real African Empire. Those are all that I can think of off the top of my head.

>>380875
The Sahelian Empire were populated in large part by trans-Saharan traders, admittedly, but that doesn't make them any less black or African. The Arabs didn't really have a presence in Sub-Saharan Africa outside of raiding it for slaves though, so to say they built anything is pretty ridiculous m80.

And ethnic groups actually remain pretty consistent outside major periods of migration. Such as the slavs into the Balkans or the Germanic tribes into France, or the Assyrians into Mesopotamia. There was never a large scale migration of Arab peoples into Egypt and the Egyptians living there today are pretty similar to the Egyptians who built the pyramids, although the Copts are even more similar.
>>
File: 232.jpg (35 KB, 500x657) Image search: [Google]
232.jpg
35 KB, 500x657
>>380874
>casually leaves out Mali, Ethiopia and South Africa
subtle
>>
File: 1449215055068.png (763 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1449215055068.png
763 KB, 800x800
>>380895
Really nigga, infographic anecdotes on /his/
>>
File: Kumasi house.png (304 KB, 496x314) Image search: [Google]
Kumasi house.png
304 KB, 496x314
>>380901
Ah, and here's an example of an Ashanti home prior to British colonization. I find it interesting to note the similarities between this structure and similar structures in Polynesia.
>>
>>380902
Well yeah, those places had trade centers, thus urbanized, thus had big structures.
Why would I include them in the circle of areas that didnt have those?
>>
>>380901
>There were a bunch of Sahelian empires

They were pretty much the same place and people, ruler by different dynasties.
>>
>>380912
Is this Jared Diamond

You largely circled jungle and desert habitat, are you actually suggesting in 2015 that environment is a factor?
>>
>>380913
Different dynasties and ethnic groups. I think there might have been at least one instance where the empire that rose from the ashes of the former empire waged a campaign of genocide against the ethnic group which dominated the former empire, but I'm not really a scholar of African history. My specialty lies in classical antiquity.
>>
>>380917
I largely circled areas that didnt trade with Europe and Asia.
If you dont trade, you dont have big trade centers.
If you dont have big trade centers, you have no reason for many people to live in the same place.
If you dont have reason for many people to live in the same place, you dont urbanize.
If you dont urbanize, you dont build huge public buildings and monuments.

I dont get your argument. Are we arguing at all, or just disagreeing on my use of english? Its not my primary language.
>>
>>380923
Seeing how you can say that in X year Mali ends, and Songhai begins, and that they control the same land, I dont think its reasonable to suggest they ruled over different ethnicities.
There just wouldnt be enough time to replace the old people, and why would you anyway?
The ruling dynasty changed, maybe the capital, maybe some of the elite. I doubt most people even knew they stopped being citizens of Mali and became citizens of Songhai.
>>
>>380930
I'm not saying that the ethnic composition of the Empire changed, just the ethnic group at the top of the pyramid.
>>
>>380927
No I think we may largely agree, IIRC there were some Europeans within this circle however, Portuguese?
>>
>>380927
What about Stonehenge etc though?
>>
>>380933
Oh, sure. The ruling dynasties of the different stages of empire there were from the different regions.
This was still going on until recently in Nigeria, north vs south. Tends to happen when you arbitrarily draw straight lines to form borders.
>>
>>380938
With all my respect and love towards the british, Stonehenge is an unremarkable pile of shit. I have no idea why people pay it that much attention. There are many older and more impressive structures. The only thing remarkable about it is that its in England.
>>
>>380901
Africans traded valuable goods for knowledgeable craftsmen to build them nice things. Does that really seem so bizarre?

Will historians today think the people of Guam built all those military bases? Guam is almost entirely populated by islanders.

Whatever, fuck you guys, i'm going back to /pol/. Go suck off an economic migrant after he finishes inside your sister.
>>
>>380875
Ancient Egyptians are genetically identical to modern ones. Look that shit up.
>>
File: 1429509584023.png (309 KB, 640x624) Image search: [Google]
1429509584023.png
309 KB, 640x624
>>380952
>>
>>380944
Still, it is a large public monument built in a non urbanised society, and I completely agree that there are older more impressive structures and art etc
>>
File: great-zimbabwe.jpg (74 KB, 600x361) Image search: [Google]
great-zimbabwe.jpg
74 KB, 600x361
>>380623
Here's the ruins of Great Zimbabwe.
>>
A better question. Were there any Black African empires that matched the influence, sophistication, and power of European/Asian empires? Besides Axum.
>>
>>380901
>There was never a large scale migration of Arab peoples into Egypt and the Egyptians living there today are pretty similar to the Egyptians who built the pyramids

Seriously, people have this very "Video Gamey" view of history where conquering someplace mean that the entire population is exterminated and replaces by the conqueror's. It happened in the Americas because of diseases, but I can't think of any cases in the Old World unless it was some small tribes or something
>>
File: stonehenge.jpg (1 MB, 2703x1190) Image search: [Google]
stonehenge.jpg
1 MB, 2703x1190
>>380957
>it is a large public monument
You grossly overestimate it. Its a few dozen rocks lined up in a circle.
Also it wasnt a trade center, but it was a religious one.
>>
>>380961
You really should define "black african" when you make such an inquiry.
>>
>>380961
I don't even really think Ethiopia at the height of its power was anything more than a regional influence on the world.
>>
>>380952
Salty...
>>
>>380963
>Did black Africans make anything other than huts? Did they have anything else?

OP ^

It's still far more difficult and impressive than mud huts to build
>>
>>380963
How DID they get those rocks up there anyway?
>>
>>380965
Black African as in ones who are Negeroid. Also applies to East Africa

>>380969
I'm definitely sure that Axum was one of the regional powers of the Ancient world.
>>
I'm absolutely loving this "Sub-Saharan Africans" meme. It's the biggest joke of this modern wave of psuedo historians
>>
>Black Africans build things.

>WELL... ACCHHUTUALLY, THEY WERE WHITE OR CAUCASOID
>>
>>380983
Negroid is an outdated concept. It throws too wide a net, and does so arbitrarily.
Also Hamitic/Ethiopid and Arabid are also black, and African, but not Negroid.
>>
>>380962
I think it's probably related to positivism. Looking at history as the inevitable march to the present.
>>
>>380848
Seriously? This shit again?

That mosque was built in 1906 by the French. Before that it looked like this.
>>
there is no superior or inferior cultures
the whole idea is against the idea of cultures and comparing "achievements" is something teenagers do when talking about who has a stronger daddy
>>
>>381068
>there is no superior or inferior cultures
That's certainly arguable, but you cannot deny that civilizations can have their achievements compared, and that's usually what people discuss anyway.
>>
>>381057
After being ransacked and destroyed by Fulani jihadists and used as a petty fort

Try again
>>
>>381068
Moral relativists pls go
>>
>>381068

I would say there are no WHOLLY superior or inferior cultures but there are certainly things some do better than others. Individual rights, science, rule of law, etc. We should focus on promoting those specific values rather than trying to export cultures wholesale.
>>
>>381068

You can definitelly see that some aspects of a certain culture as superior to others'. For example, the Etoro practice of swallowing the elder's cum daily between the ages of 7 and 17 is a cultural practice that NOBODY would benefit in adopting.
Or for example while the Western european culture is superior to the Middle East's when it comes to women's rights, the Middle East has maintained more functional family structures with less divorces and less single parents.
>>
>>381115
Don't you mean subjective judgement?
>>
>>381111
It was never destroyed, just left to fall apart over decades. The only thing we know of the original mosque is a description from 1828:

>In Jenné is a mosque built of earth, surmounted by two massive but not high towers; it is rudely constructed, though very large. It is abandoned to thousands of swallows, which build their nests in it. This occasions a very disagreeable smell, to avoid which, the custom of saying prayers in a small outer court has become common.

Regardless, the current building bears no relation to anything that was there before, and it was built by colonial authorities in 1906. To claim this as the greatest achievement of the Malian Empire or of Africans is not only nonsensical but extremely insulting.
>>
>>381115
Is there actually a term for this kind of logical fallacy? I see very left leaning people use it a great deal. Every time something bad happens, they will automatically say 'WELL LOOK THIS PERSON ALSO DID A BAD THING'.

Take the Paris bombings for example, they were everywhere on social media trying to say how Christians shooting people is Christian terrorism, I'm talking any kind of shooting here, not actual instances of Christian terrorist like abortion clinic bombings etc.

It's like they always try to say everything is equal, no matter what.
>>
>>381127
Implying that the Etoro think there is something wrong with the practice and that its not the norm and hence society functions relatively as well as other similar society's without this cultural practice.

seems just as wrong as many of the reactionary views
>>
File: Great-Zimbabwe-2.jpg (162 KB, 800x516) Image search: [Google]
Great-Zimbabwe-2.jpg
162 KB, 800x516
Great Zimbabwe.
>>
>>380847
Muh gamla uppsala
>>
File: Morocco-2012-11.jpg (393 KB, 1400x930) Image search: [Google]
Morocco-2012-11.jpg
393 KB, 1400x930
>>380623
north africa is pretty great
>>
File: 1449143226390.jpg (674 KB, 916x1405) Image search: [Google]
1449143226390.jpg
674 KB, 916x1405
>>381323
North Africa isn't black
>>
>>381323
Other than North Africa, or the Islamic east

Seriously is there anything ?
>>
File: omg.jpg (104 KB, 960x628) Image search: [Google]
omg.jpg
104 KB, 960x628
>>
>>381339
>>380994
>WELL... ACCHHUTUALLY, THEY WERE WHITE OR CAUCASOID
>>
File: 63359310LEGStq_ph.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
63359310LEGStq_ph.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
>>380623
>>
>>381339
This is what I never understood. People claim there aren't subspecies of humans, despite the massive physical differences. Yet these two incredibly similar lions are 'subspecies'.

I'd like to know what the genetic differences are between these lion species.
>>
>>381278
Scandinavians were actually ahead of the rest of Europe in the area of shipbuilding for much of the so called viking age and even before then were adept at metallurgy. The Scandinavians while not exactly the best architects did well enough with wood, the stave churches being good albeit Christianized examples of their architectural style. Well above mudhuts I'd say.

And this is coming from a non-Nordic individual for the record.
>>
>>381351
Genetic differences between white and black people are minor to say the least, probably less than the two lions given the fact lions are older than humanity.
>>
>>381351
Sub-species is a retarded term made up for the sake of preserving endangered animals. It practically means race. They are still the same species.
>>
>>381362
AfricanLionsMatter
>>
>>381278
Not even a mud hut, just a pile of mud.
>>
>>381344
interestingly, early orientalist have compared cultures of africa and asia and found them similar to "europe before civilisation"
>>
>>381372
Germanic culture is also very similar to "europe before civilisation".
And early orientalists were very bad. Early everything often is.
>>
>>381360
>>381362
All dog breeds can mate and product offspring too, the genetic difference between breeds is miniscule, created by a few centuries of selected breeding at most.

Yet you have the Chihuahua and a St Bernard. Radically different in shape, size, intelligence, temperament etc. Seems like very small genetic changes can cause massive physical ones.
>>
>>381381
You also have yourself and Arnold Schwarzenegger, very different in shape, size, intelligence, temperament etc.
>>
>>381344
>>
>>381369
Implying there weren't massive temples with giant golden statues before the meany Christians destroyed them.
>>
>>381339
>>381351
>>381362
This discussion is hilarious in Spanish, and all because of semantics. We call dog breeds "razas", Spanish for race.
In english people would speak of human races, and then say there is no significant difference between them, it's all the same. In my country people simply say "races are for dogs", and then fail to tell the difference between human differences, dog breeds or sub-species.

Some would argue that dogs show much stronger genetical variance. Really? you can create a whoe new dog breed within 200 years, how is that stronger than 200,000 years of natural selection for a species that faced all possible climates between Africa and South America?

But well, "race is for dogs", humans can't be classified. They completely invalidate the use of the word race in English because "race is for dogs"
>>
>>381387
If he's of Northern European stock then he's probably closer to Arnie genetically than say John Boyega.
>>
>>381115
You don't need to be a moral relativist to disagree with that statement, just not an autistic moral absolutist.

>>381133
It's called either a "red herring" or "ad hominem to quoque". It's hardly unique to left-wingers, though, you just believe that because of confirmation bias and epistemic closure.
>>
>>381411
>Some would argue that dogs show much stronger genetical variance. Really? you can create a whoe new dog breed within 200 years, how is that stronger than 200,000 years of natural selection for a species that faced all possible climates between Africa and South America?

I can create a whole new ethnic group in 100 years if you give me enough women to fuck.
>>
>>381381
you realize the dog and race comparison has been done to death right?
>>
>>381417
>I can create a whole new ethnic group in 100 years if you give me enough women to fuck.
Sorry, pal, but even Genghis couldn't do that.
>>
>>381400
>Implying there wasn't anything.

Which is just as dumb as the gigantic golden statue argument. Fucking kids.
>>
>>381411

Well artificial selection is certainly much much faster than natural selection. Whether it's a thousand times faster, who knows.
>>
>>381411
>Some would argue that dogs show much stronger genetical variance. Really? you can create a whoe new dog breed within 200 years

African-Americans are vastly difference from Africans.

Created within the span of 200 years.
>>
>>381424
Russian faces are very distinct with their fetal alcohol syndrome look and their melancholic mood is also pretty unique.
>>
>>381424
Genghis wasn't trying to create an ethnic group.

He was trying to eradicate ethnic groups.
>>
>>381431
Good argument. Hadn't thought of that.
>>
>>381437
>He was trying to eradicate ethnic groups.
by fucking thousands of women?
who knew genocide could be so enviable
>>
>>381437
>He was trying to eradicate ethnic groups.

No, he was trying to collect taxes from as many places as possible.
You really shouldnt spread the already popular fallacy that this or that historical figure was EVIL and did EVIL THINGS for the sake of EVIL.
>>
>>381431
Africa has the greatest human genetic diversity, what are you suggesting using such a dichotomy?
>>
>>381428
yes it is. I'm no genetist, but to diverge you need new genes to be created. forcing your dogs to incest each other is not going to create those. You can change their look dramatically, but it's impossible that it differs so much from their early ancestor.

And yet, the Dogo, a dog breed created entirely bya single man, is more diserving of being called a new race than aussie abos, only because the Dogo is more violent?
>>
>>381455
That creating new breeds of humans aren't impossible or unachievable within a short time.
>>
>>381457
>breeds

what the fuck are you even talking about, do you know anything about biology at all
of the species is really one of the only ones with a proper definition.
>>
>>381475
*of the classifications, species is
>>
>>381127
no there is no superiority

who are you to tell whats best for someone who is not you?
a commie?
>>
>>381068

Yeah the cannibals of Papua New Guinea have a culture as good as Classical Athens. Saying otherwise would be "racist" and "Eurocentric"

I hate what the jews/marxists have done to academia
>>
The distance between two groups of Khoisan is genetically greater than any two "races" on earth. Smashing our assumptions of phenotype = genetic distinction.
>>
>>381497
The idea of saying a culture as a whole is good or bad is based off of immeasurable qualities colored by intrinsic social bias.

Blame the Jews, you're just very simplistic.
>>
>>381500

Lewontin's fallacy. Why are posters from /lit/ and plebbit such meme spouting retards?
>>
>>381497
Because cultural comparisons are ever anything beyond subjective judgements

>racist, Eurocentric, jewish, marxist, being used as buzzwords in one post

surely you can come up with better arguments than this /pol/
>>
>>381506
>immeasurable qualities

What about infant mortality rates life expectancy literacy rates the absence of cannibalish and constant warfare the rate of homicides and violence percantage of kids that survive to 5 years old economic output I can keep going of you want.
>>
>>381507
Are you implying that greater genetic variation exists between populations from outside of Africa of populations within Africa?
>>
File: 9_kek.png (443 KB, 655x653) Image search: [Google]
9_kek.png
443 KB, 655x653
>>380952
>Ignorance made apparent
>Gets BTFO
>Wah im going back to my pol hugbox
>>
>>381518

Yes as I said look up "Lewontin's fallacy".
>>
>>381497
yes it is exactly as good
because your "supeliol" culture has no value itself
are ppl happy in that culture or not? does it work? does it establish the boundries of society or not?

nothing to do with racism you absolutely shit tier crap in the head kid

read a fucking book
>>
>>381507
You've been waiting to use that term Huh? I am not denying race, I am denying the notion that races are subspecies.

What you posted refutes nothing that I wrote and secondly I've never been on /lit/
>>
>>381525
See
>>381516
>>
>>381516
Cuba has a lower infant mortality rate than the US, does it make it better than the US? Can we say that literacy is better than food security or nuclear warfare and the potential for human self destruction is any better than warring clans?

You're silly to compare apples and oranges and say its irrefutable fact that Apples are the better fruit.
>>
>>381524
I'm not implying that genetic differences mean nothing, just that the total variation of human genetics contained within Africa is greater than sum of genetic variation within non African populations
>>
>>380623
Well they survived living in Africa. I think that's a fucking achievement unto itself considering the place is a 40k Deathworld.
>>
>>381543
>that the total variation of human genetics contained within Africa is greater than sum of genetic variation within non African populations

aka Lewontin's fallacy what part do you have trouble understanding?
>>
>>381539
western cultures had high infant mortality rates till 19th century
black plague
slavery
and a whole bunch of horrible shit

newsflash
human life is not above all, despite what you were taught in your OWN culture
>>
>>381549
>Richard Lewontin performed a fixation index (FST) statistical analysis using 17 markers, including blood group proteins, from individuals across classically defined "races" (Caucasian, African, Mongoloid, South Asian Aborigines, Amerinds, Oceanians, and Australian Aborigines). He found that the majority of the total genetic variation between humans (i.e., of the 0.1% of DNA that varies between individuals), 85.4%, is found within populations, 8.3% of the variation is found between populations within a "race", and only 6.3% was found to account for the racial classification. Numerous later studies have confirmed his findings.[5] Based on this analysis, Lewontin concluded, "Since such racial classification is now seen to be of virtually no genetic or taxonomic significance either, no justification can be offered for its continuance."

The fallacy is that no "Since such racial classification is now seen to be of virtually no genetic or taxonomic significance" of course any genetic differences between populations can be of taxonomic significance, his fallacy was denying this
>>
>>381549
Oh wait, do you mean how being more genetically similar to someone from another race than your own is absolutely a thing?
>>
>>381554
>had high infant mortality rates till 19th century

Still lower than hunter gatherer societies

>black plague

Also affected North Africa laso how is infectious disease relevant?

>slavery

Only White people practices slavery. We wuz...

>and a whole bunch of horrible shit

Are you one of those "noble savage" wackos?
>>
>>381566
>We wuz...

Can't even use the meme correctly
>>
File: genetic distance.png (281 KB, 600x761) Image search: [Google]
genetic distance.png
281 KB, 600x761
>>381565

No it is not. If you look at genetic data there is clear clustering along geographical lines aka race. Lewontin only used a few markers to m,anipulate the data. He was a marxist Jew afterall. He had an agenda to push race denialism.
>>
>>381351
there were subspecies of humans (Homo Sapiens Idaltu, and possibly Homo Sapiens Nenderthalensis) but they are all extinct. all modern humans are descended from a fairly small bottleneck population and a are genetically very similar.

>>381381
>>381411
Dogs are completely different to humans though, they are incredibly genetically "malleable2 so to speak. I thnk it's due to having shitloads of chromosomes (76 I think)

>>381497
Cultures aren't "good" or "bad" you fucking retard, that's like saying rocks are "good" or "bad". Stop deliberately misrepresenting people's posts to fit your obsessive bias.
>>
>>381566
are you retarded? dont answer, you probably are
you are considering a culture superior, which HAD THE EXACT SAME THINGS

good job, you changed it, now let ppl who doesnt wish to change live in peace and stop pushing your trash down their throat
>>
>>381576
Um do you even understand what the ordination graph on the top right refers to, do you know the variables used for data input, it seems to be genetic dissimilarity in terms of euclidean distance, and it indicates that Africans are the most genetically unique population.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (67 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
67 KB, 720x540
>>381579
>Cultures aren't "good" or "bad" you fucking retard, that's like saying rocks are "good" or "bad". Stop deliberately misrepresenting people's posts to fit your obsessive bias.

Why are you so obsessed about shutting down people who want to make an assertion based on subjective value judgements but also hard data. Why do you get triggered so much?

Classical Athens was superior to the cannibals of Papua New Guinea whose tribes practice cannibalism and there is nothing you can do about it no matter how triggered you get.
>>
>>381594
>Why are you so obsessed about shutting down people who want to make an assertion based on subjective value

not that anon, but subjective judgements are always unprovable
>>
>>381585

It shows genetic distance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixation_index

Also you are right there is a lot of genetic diversity among Africans. This tends to happen with population that are geographically isolated.
>>
>>381594
Literally nothing wrong with cannibalism, people taste good. Classical Athens was a shithole compared to the pure society in Papua New Guinea.
>>
>>380953
king Tut belonged to Haplogroup R1B (Aryans)
>>
>>381594
Just say you like Classical Athens better.
>>
>>381605

But you can make statements and back them up with hard data. For example I consider scientific output a measure of culture. A culture with higher scientific output is "better" than a culture with lower scientific output. Most people who are not insane marxists agree that scientific output is important and can be used as a measure of a culture's worth. Why is the subjective nature of this endevour a problem we are talking about social sciences.
>>
>>381127
I'm willing to bet you would certainly benefit from it. In fact I'm willing to bet you do it regularly.
>>
File: Spreading_homo_sapiens_la.svg.png (280 KB, 2000x940) Image search: [Google]
Spreading_homo_sapiens_la.svg.png
280 KB, 2000x940
>>381607
No, not isolated populations, populations which had have a longer time to increase in genetic diversity without undergoing a genetic bottleneck

yea genetic distance and genetic dissimilarity are synonyms in this instance.

literally all that graph shows is what everybody believes

>pic related
>>
>>381620
what sort of judgement would anyone peer reviewing this method be forced to use? aka subjective evaluations on the 'objectiveness' of the people judging scientific output
>>
>>381620
your scientific output can go fuck itself
i want to live in a mudhouse with my 20wifes and breed like rabbits
if i establish a society which lets me do this and ppl around me happily join me, who the fuck you are to condemn me?
fucking communist thats who, because thats how their system worked
>>
>>381620
That's fine when you're talking about politics or philosophy or whatever but it should be left well away from science.

From a political standpoint I agree, but saying scientifically that a culture is "better" just makes no sense. Just because social sciences are shit doesn't mean they have to be.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 635x607) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 635x607
>>381566
Here's the thing, Cletus: even if all your shit about white people being the best ever was true, you had, and have nothing at all to do with it.

Like you white supremacist fuckwits seem to think that by "proving" western culture to be superior it somehow involves you. The people who did it were better than you. You have literally nothing to do with it. You simply want to take credit for others achievements because you have the same skin color, because you personally are a worthless person who nobody would really give a shit about if you disappeared. Good fucking lord I'm tired of every fucking thread on every board having to devolve into some "niggers niggers jews jews, whites invented everything you're too weak to handle the TRUTH" bullshit. What the fuck ever. Nobody cares. Nobody wants to keep fucking talking about it. Even if everyone on 4chan unanimously agreed to your fucktarded nonsense you little shit's STILL wouldn't be able to shut the fuck up about it, god fucking damn.

Yes, I'm mad.
>>
>>381638
This. People in their mud huts self report being happier too. So enjoy being a king of your pile of achievement, meanwhile terklick klack will enjoy blasting big booty bitches until he dies in a blaze of aids filled glory, and disappears back to the ether from whence we all came, ayyoo.
>>
>>380848
FYI it was designed by an andalusian master architect, which makes it quite puzzling
>>
>>380847
Good point. Romans and Greeks sved Europe basically. Weird thing is, we do kinda celebrste beating the Romans and are proud they ne er conquered us. Raises the question: should you be glad about if more advanced cultures conquered yours? I feel like native americans i.e. might disagree.
>>
>>381703
Oh yeah and also this>>381057
>>
>>380972
https://youtu.be/uYQBDhkBfr0
Leverage
>>
File: Ashanti Great Hall 1.jpg (267 KB, 1024x726) Image search: [Google]
Ashanti Great Hall 1.jpg
267 KB, 1024x726
It's completely retarded to expect advanced architecture in sub-Saharan Africa. Places like Ethiopia, Sudan, and the Swahili Coast are different because they were integrated into Eurasian civilization, but the rest of Africa was isolated for most of its history.

Eurasian civilization was the result of thousands upon thousands of years of development going back to before 8000 BC with the discovery of agriculture. This lead to the development of civilization in a few small areas like Egypt and Mesopotamia 5000 years later, around 3000 BC. Civilization then spread from these areas to the rest of Asia, Europe, and the parts of Africa that weren't cut off by the Sahara.

Now, agriculture in sub-Saharan Africa only dates back to about 2500 BC. That was only 4500 years ago. They didn't have nearly as much time as Eurasia to develop civilization. And yet, they did. After only 3500 years, by 1000 AD there were independent urban civilizations flourishing in Nigeria, plus complex chiefdoms in Zimbabwe. The latter built stone structures that were impressive for a non-urban society. The urban centers in Nigeria lacked monumental architecture but had impressive art. Keep in mind that plenty of other early civilizations lacked monumental architecture (Shang dynasty, the Olmecs, the Indus Valley, etc). Another civilization grew in the Sahel after about 800 AD due to trade with North Africa, but lacked large urban centers.

The development of advanced architecture in Africa had no time to develop before colonisation. The impressive architecture of Europe and Asia was the result of thousands of years of development that Africa did not have.

We can see from colonial photographs and earlier descriptions of Benin that impressive buildings did exist, but they were built of wood and adobe so they didn't survive.
>>
>>380847
>>
>>380848
>>380855
>>380857
Ever wondered why all those are in the Sahara?
Because they were built by arabs and not blacks, you mong
>>
>>380871
Phoenician work
>>
File: shaggy.jpg (22 KB, 499x430) Image search: [Google]
shaggy.jpg
22 KB, 499x430
>>382195
>Arabs in Meroe
>>
>>380847

hillforts

various stone structures that were more like primitive forts

swords that were centuries ahead of their time in regards to engineering

corded wares

etc
>>
>>382206
Those were Celts.

Germanics did nothing.
>>
>>380994
>africa is a homogeneous continent
>this is what /his/jws actually believe
china and iran are on the same continentand i dont see the iranians trying to claim chinese achievements as their own
>>
>>380847
Do brits count as germanic? Its thats the case than germanics ruled a quarter of the world 100 years ago
>>
>>382222
Weren't they a mix of Celtic and Germanic or something?
>>
>>381351
Humans visual appearance varies wildly because they've spread across the world, but since we're relatively young as a species, compare our genetics to something like lions and it will be a lot less diverse.
>>
>>381411
Dog breeds are more akin to deformities than races, genetically.
>>
>>382211
My brain is going to tear in half from the stupidity of /pol/. I've been on this racist website for a year and a half but this comment takes the cake.
>>
>>381612
>king Tut represents the average Egyptian
>>
>>381344
kek
>>
>>380623
yes. do republikids think about anything other than bcc?

its a loaded question anyways you really mean sub saharan africa preislam with enough money put into rebuilding and rennovation so you can see a photograph of what it looked like. otherwise its not real to a republikid.
>>
>>382195
Bwahaha

We're reaching critical levels of wrong
>>
>>381612
this actually disproves your point about being able to look at someone and classify them scientifically.

why is tuts haplo group important if you just look at modern humans and say "hes not like me he looks black"
>>
File: Haplogroup_R1b_World.png (176 KB, 2133x1245) Image search: [Google]
Haplogroup_R1b_World.png
176 KB, 2133x1245
>>381612

Picrelated, are you going to argue that Nigerians are Aryans?

Besides, royal families aren't representative of populations. Much more reliable source is, you know, testing the POPULATION ITSELF, and comparing it with Neolithic genes.

Dumb stormnigger.
>>
>>382522
>Bwahaha

Can't be assed to google it, where is this fortress located?
Name sounds Sub-Saharan but I doubt they ever built shit
>>
>>381323
Ive been to this madrassa
>>
>>382181
>but they were built of wood and adobe so they didn't survive.

No, most were just burned down and looted
>>
>>382552
This desu. This is like someone 5000 years from now seeing Obama and concluding that every American ever was black.
>>
>>380623
do you gain points for being inventive or something?
>>
I guess the simple answer is because they had no reason to make anything
>>
>>381339
This image is wrong. There is no such thing as the "African Lion", and the Asiatic Lion is not a subspecies of it. The Asiatic Lion is a subspecies of lion, as are all the various types of lions found in Africa, such as the Barbary Lion, Masai Lion, Congo Lion, etc.

Similarly, if human races were considered subspecies, blacks would not be a subspecies of whites or vice-versa, all races would be subspecies of the Human species.
>>
>>380847
that picture is gold
>>
>>382672
There are subspecies of human. Homo sapiens sapiens (everyone alive, black, white, whatever), Homo Sapiens Idaltu (extinct)

There is debate over whether Neanderthals were a Subspecies of humans (Homo Sapiens Neanderthalensis) or a species in their own right (Homo neanderthalensis). It was more likely a distinct species.
>>
File: suspicious.jpg (42 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
suspicious.jpg
42 KB, 250x238
>>381068
>a civilization that didn't even get to the bronze age is totally the same as a civilization that conquered 1/4th of the world
Didn't know this was cucк central
>>
>>382707
I'm not claiming that humans should be classified into subspecies, I'm just trying to clear up this misconception that I see all the time. If a species has subspecies included under it, then every single member of that species is also a member of a subspecies. It's like how you can't be a member of the Ursus genus and just be that, you have to also be a member of the black bear, polar bear, or brown bear species.
>>
>>382713
>It's retarded to apply subjective value judgements to natural structures
>All cultures are the same
these are two different statements. You're inferring shit that he isn't saying because you've got a political obsession.
>>
>>382731
I know yeah, your point is correct. I was just chiming in because the /pol/ argument that humans aren't divided into subspecies' because muh PC is retarded.

They are classed as such and all the "races" are the same subspecies.
>>
>>382713
does that word even mean anything anymore
>>
File: 1448523876148.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1448523876148.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
For everyone in this thread

>not mentioning Dogon or Yoruba
>>
>>382742
>civilizations are natural structures
I guess that makes the word social construct meaningless
>>
>>382865
>implying there's a difference.
>>
So not much like Resident Evil 5 led me to believe. Fucking black loving slopes.
>>
>>380623
>Did black Africans make anything other than huts?
As opposed to white africans...wait that might be a thing.
>>
>>382313
>cant come up with a comeback and has to resort to petty name calling
pls stop making /his/jws look bad
>>
File: Autism.png (4 MB, 1307x3639) Image search: [Google]
Autism.png
4 MB, 1307x3639
For some reason /pol/shits and Afrocentrists both hold Africans to pretty unreasonable standards. The former act like Africans should have had civilizations on par with Eurasia, the latter act like they really did.

The fact is there was never any time to develop large scale civilization in Sub-Saharan Africa. Agriculture didn't start spreading there until after 2500 BC, which is only 4500 years ago. Egypt and Mesopotamia didn't emerge until 5000 years after agriculture emerged in the Middle East.
>>
>>383609
>North Africa is made of settlers, not africans.
Stop this meme. 90% of modern North Africans are indigenous.
>>
>>383738
>Andeans lacked writing
bullshit, quipus are writing, but they aren't durable enough to survive and Europeans didn't bother to really formally document them.
>>
>>383815
Not really. There's a huge difference between recording numbers on knots and actual written language. African's had ways of recording information too, but neither they nor quipus could be called true writing.

While there are theories stating that quipu might possibly be able to record language, there is no actual evidence for it beyond wishful thinking.

It would be pretty cool if it turned out to be true though.
>>
File: he's right.jpg (73 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
he's right.jpg
73 KB, 800x598
>>381680
Agreed with this
>>
It isn't wise to use race with humans because they are actually a pretty nice gradient of genetic differences.
>>
>>384008
Nice 1993 study... I'm sure that genetic testing wasn't incredibly expensive back then so they obviously didn't just use a very small proportion of DNA for comparisons
>>
Guys.
Mud huts aren't a mark of inferiority.
Mud huts have been used for an incredibly long time, and worked astoundingly well, since they'd keep you cool during harsh African summers and warm during chilly winters.
They wouldn't use wood since it'd constantly expand and contract based on the season, and there was just a lot more clay and mud in Africa, so it was more economical to use mud housing.
Europeans and Asians had to use wood because they lived in far moister enviornments that did not allow for these types of buildings.
Mud huts are unsuitable any higher than Greece, and therefore Euros and co. had to use wood or stone.
Enviornment makes a lot of difference.
>>
File: image.gif (441 KB, 400x239) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
441 KB, 400x239
>>381680
Based anon
Btfo
>>
File: 1310433828090.jpg (12 KB, 201x201) Image search: [Google]
1310433828090.jpg
12 KB, 201x201
>>381680
>>
>>381612
The Queen's fucking German. Some mong centuries later will decide I'm German.
>>
>>380623
Only those who abandoned pagan religions.
>>
why are white people so proud that the aliens accidentally gave them technology instead of anyone else? get over yourselves
>>
>>382771
Nope. It's a dumb buzzword, like edgy.
>>
>>380855

Why does it look like there's a satellite dish on top?
>>
>>384960
its a speaker for blasting the call to prayer
>>
>>384970
>you will never break into your mud hut mosque and scream obscenities over the speakers
African teenagers are lucky as hell.
>>
>>380848
That's the overgrown hut that the whole town has to patch up with fresh mud each year so it doesn't melt down. Fucking impressive ;}
>>
>>382222
WE WUZ EMPIRES AND SHIT
but no. they were largely celtic.
>>
>>386847
>>384150
>>
>>380962
>but I can't think of any cases in the Old World unless it was some small tribes or something
Probably because you're a historically illiterate moron?

Among other things :
>aryan expansion
>semite expansion
>greek expansion
>germanic expansion
>slavic expansion
>arab expansion
>mongol expansion

And that's just off the top of my head.
>>
>>386886
500 000 Anglo Saxons moved to Britain when its population was 1 million.

Obviously modern day brits are heavily germanic. English is a germanic language.
>>
>>387191
None of these involved complete extermination, the natives just adapted to the culture of their new masters.
>>
>>387193
Actually, English is a germanic/latin mongrel tongue spoken by the peasants of an island that was constantly being conquered by people who spoke different languages.
>>
>>387191
This exactly proves his point.
>>
File: tarim.jpg (24 KB, 580x310) Image search: [Google]
tarim.jpg
24 KB, 580x310
>>387200
>None of these involved complete extermination
It involved significant mixing, and in some cases outright cleansing.

Central Asia used to be population by aryan peoples until they were progressively replaced by mongoloids.

Pic related, an old mummy from western china.
>>
>>387205
The latin admixture stems from the norman invasions. Old english is entirely germanic.

>>387207
How? Are you implying that all of those examples were "small tribes"?
>>
>>381413
Except for how one of the main reasons that race theories aren't considered legitimate anymore is that similar people(quarterbacks, violinist, long distance runners) are more similar to one another across racial barriers than the they are to dissimilar people of the same race or ethnicity.
>>
>>387208
>Central Asia used to be population by aryan peoples until they were progressively replaced by mongoloids.
Indo-Iranian cunts were absorbed by Altaics, not genocided.
>>
>>387392
>absorbed
Just like native americans were absorbed by european settlers.
>>
>>387208
now that's tenting
>>
>>387208
I'm not disagreeing with you entirely. But desu from looking at those mummies I get more of an asian vibe. They look really similar to Native Americans for example.
>>
File: oirat_mongol6.jpg (250 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
oirat_mongol6.jpg
250 KB, 1024x683
>>387395
>Ayy stormfrontmao.
Turkics in Central Asia still crop up with whitish features. Even before Russia occupied Central Asia. Some Uyghurs in China even look Iranic.

You want primary sources, we've got descriptions of Altaic Mamluk Slaves utilized by the Arabic Caliphates in their wars. One of them, Al-Din Baibars, was a Cuman-Kipchack with "Blonde hair and blue eyes."
>>
>>387456
that's ian mckellen tbqhfam
>>
>>387455
>I get more of an asian vibe

A blonde caucasoid mummy gives you an "asian" vibe?

>>387456
>Turkics in Central Asia still crop up with whitish features.
Yes, just like mexicans still crop up with native american features.
>>
>>387456
>One of them, Al-Din Baibars, was a Cuman-Kipchack with "Blonde hair and blue eyes."
So... you're proving him right? Because Kipchaks predate the mongol expansion.
>>
>>387477
Except you're implying they were systematically exterminated to nothing.

When IRL, Iranian tribes were simply defeated in battle or subjugated and their clans joined with the numerous Altaic Confederacies that came storming out of Eastern Central Asia by the end of the 400's AD.
>>387480
>Altaic Expansion
>Started with the Mongols
K.
>>
>>387499
>we wuz tocharians n sheeit
go away
>>
>>387477
Dark hair gets lighter in mummies over time. That's why you find a lot of redhead mummies, the proteins in it just degraded. I'd say that mummy probably had brown or black hair.
>>
>>387528
That's a whole lot of speculation.
>>
File: Great-Zimbabwe.jpg (121 KB, 660x437) Image search: [Google]
Great-Zimbabwe.jpg
121 KB, 660x437
>>380623
GREAT ZIMBABWE MOTHERFUCKERS!
>>
>>387505
Lelno. Central Asians are pretty much ALTAIC PRIDE WORLDWIDE.

Even the cunts among them that look Iranian do so.
>>
>>387456
>average finnish poster
>>
>>387559

not him, but that is a recorded phenomenon. Even happened with Lenin's mummy.

http://www.livescience.com/48384-ancient-redhead-myth.html

Not that this means that the one you posted wasn't blond while she was alive, just corroborating that guy's statement. I've read other sources about the Cumans which seem to indicate blond hair was prevalent among them.
>>
>>384929
>confusing an insult with a buzzword
what a c uck
>>
File: 1449376781076.jpg (462 KB, 1050x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449376781076.jpg
462 KB, 1050x1080
>>381680
Your nu-"male" rage satisfies me
>>
>>387947
Better than the right wing equivalent 'neo-male'
>>
>>387960
how so?
>>
File: dogon house.jpg (185 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
dogon house.jpg
185 KB, 1024x682
>>382802

>Dogon

I think they're as neat as the next guy but what a shitty example for the OP. They're all about them mud huts.
>>
>>380874
>>
File: 1323757032286.jpg (120 KB, 400x398) Image search: [Google]
1323757032286.jpg
120 KB, 400x398
>>381680
>>
>>383738
Underrated reply
>>
File: 1290131617089.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1290131617089.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
>>381068

This is such a stupid bullshit argument and even the people who say it odont believe it and are a bunch of hypocritical douche bags

>you cant say one culture is better than another! you stupid redneck trailer trash southerner! Go shoot your guns and watch nascar and wave your confederate flag you stupid hick!
>>
>>387975
looks comfy desu senpai~~
>>
>>380905
He was joking senpai
>>
>>388028
You're just putting words in his mouth. He never said you should feel bad about the things your ancestors did.
>>
>>388049
You can call a culture better but you can't pretend you're relate that to science which some people try to do
>>
>>389999
>western civilization
>dominates the world
>makes the most money
>best systems of Governance
In what way is it not superior?
>>
>>390273
Saying it's superior implies there is some sort of goal in culture. There isn't. It's just shit happening.

Western civ is better at finance, science and more. Ancient Greek was better at fiddling boys. Papua new guinean is better at eating people and insects.

None of these are the "end goal" of culture, because there is none. You can say that you subjectively prefer one culture, or you can look at one metric and measure that but saying a culture is "superior" is meaningless in a scientific sense. It only means something in a political sense.
>>
File: 1447527532942.png (504 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1447527532942.png
504 KB, 640x480
>>380847
Side now in 4th dimension.
>>
>>390392
The end goal is power.
Which western civilization has the most.
>>
OFFICIAL 4CHAN RACIAL POWER RANKINGS **2015**

-= no change

^= positive change from previous years

v= negative change from previous years

>East Asians (-)
>Jews (^)
>Whites (v)
>Indians (^)
>Arabs (-)
>Hispanics (v)
>Pacific Islanders (-)
>Negroids (-)
>>
File: Dogon-House.jpg (89 KB, 1229x1638) Image search: [Google]
Dogon-House.jpg
89 KB, 1229x1638
>>388066

the Dogon have comfy architecture all-around. I love the organic look of mud-based architecture.

check out this guy's tool rack on the front of his house
>>
File: scoffcese.gif (2 MB, 400x234) Image search: [Google]
scoffcese.gif
2 MB, 400x234
>>382208
They domesticated aurochs
>>
>>382194
triggered
>>
>>381612
King tut was the product of a dynasty of inbreeding. Furthermore, his new kingdom which means you still have to account 2000 years before him.
>>
>>382195
>Arabs
>Kushites

YOU WUT?!?!
>>
>>382552
So...what you're saying is that Nigerians was actually kings and shit?
>>
>>380848
Man, it looks so much more impressive in Civ 5.
>>
File: homersly.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
homersly.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>>381068
How bought this. You leave your nice clean, safe North American suburban life and go try living in the Democratic Republic of Congo or the Sudan for awhile and see if you still think the same thing.
Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.