[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this board so overwhelmingly anti-Anglo and anti-Japanese?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 13
File: Punch_Anglo-Japanese_Alliance.jpg (365 KB, 510x766) Image search: [Google]
Punch_Anglo-Japanese_Alliance.jpg
365 KB, 510x766
Why is this board so overwhelmingly anti-Anglo and anti-Japanese? Theres hardly any concession and appreciation for these two island nations, yet you see countries like France that are considered god tier here. Why?
>>
>>379730

E
T
E
R
N
A
L

A
N
G
L
O
>>
>>379730
Anyone who is on an island is up to now good.

Like the only reason you'd end up there is if you pissed everyone off so much that they forced you out on some piles of shit off the coast.
>>
>>379730

The world would be a much better place if the british isles sank into the sea desu
>>
>>379730
dank /int/ memes and reacting against JIDF respectively
>>
File: anglo pepe.jpg (29 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
anglo pepe.jpg
29 KB, 320x320
Why does it feel so good for other nations to hate you?
>>
>>379730
>Anti-Anglo
Combination of being butthurt at the current global hegemony and not liking Britain for plunging Europe into a decade and a half of war (that they themselves stayed mostly out of) because they didn't like the leader of France.

>Anti Japanese
Because they're fucking nuts.
>>
butthurt
>>
File: 1436647393868.jpg (56 KB, 500x562) Image search: [Google]
1436647393868.jpg
56 KB, 500x562
>>379806
Because your superiority means so much to them that they spend all this time obsessing over how much they hate it.
>>
>>379777
Right, because it's very well likely that if the last 3 centuries were not dominated by anglo's, that this board would not be able to function with the defacto language of the world; English
>>
>>379730
Transplants from /lit/ which is overwhelmingly pro-Soviet/Mao
>>
you mean anti-anglo as anti-brits or anti-anglos in general?
>>
File: 1437016150686.png (361 KB, 400x528) Image search: [Google]
1437016150686.png
361 KB, 400x528
>>379821
To be fair, a lot of that has more to do with the greatest goddamn country in the world, not Britain.

>Pax Americana ftw
>>
>>379772
>Australia
ok good
>sicily
still good
>iceland
vikings, alright,
>phillipines
kill pinoy scum
>cyprus
shit cant even be stable

alright 10/10 islands are for shit people
>>
>>379827
>>379830
I meant Brits, because Yanks are of course hated pretty much else where.
>>
>>379838
What about New Zealand?
>>
Britain is just boring to me, to be honest.
Living in the Anglosphere, so much of the culture is household-name type shit, and honestly I find ancient empires far more impressive than modern empires.

I like the Japanese, but they have honestly been aggressive little shits throughout history. It makes sense why people don't like them.
>>
>>379852
>wild packs of urk-hai

yea no thanks
>>
The japanese government sure ain't critical about their history, so someone has to be.
>>
>>379821
>defacto language of the world; English
Majority of the world doesn't speak it in any capacity. Its like 56%, but thats still pretty significant.
>>
>>379867
Apart from self-flagellating whities, what other countries are critical about their history?
>>
>>379876
germany?

no idea just talking out of my ass
>>
>>379860
Im a Canadian and find theres something calm cool and collected about our shared culture
>>379876
my country certainly is, as taught in our high school system
>>
>>379897
something beautiful about our calm cool and collected culture*
>>
>>379876
The national narrative after attaturk took power in Turkey was "ottoman empire was a shit"
And yeah, there's germans shitting on germans. Bomber Harris do it again, yeah?
>>
Perfidious Albion is real, but it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so good at seizing the moral high ground in every single conflict they were a part of even if they started it.
>>
>>379730
>Why is this board so overwhelmingly anti-Anglo and anti-Japanese?
Because we possess fundamental human decency.
>>
>>379838
Sometimes it can be exactly reversed, such as Taiwan, where they were kicked out for not being retarded psychopaths.
>>
>>379946
>Britain had the moral highground in the Napoleonic Wars
>>
>>379897
They should apologize how god-awfully boring this country's history us

>muh beaver pelts
>muh railroads
>muh Louis Riel
>>
File: Rhodesia.png (256 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Rhodesia.png
256 KB, 2000x1000
>>379946
>Perfidious Albion is real
Tell me about it.
>>
>being this Anglo-Jap

Go back to your fishing boat.
>>
File: 1447211299171.jpg (10 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
1447211299171.jpg
10 KB, 243x207
>>380087
Ah, Rhodesia. If only you were still alive today...
>>
>>380573
what exactly happened, why did the UK not support RHODESIA like every other white run colony
>>
>>379956
Where did this idea of human decency start from? Certainly not from Eastern Europe.

Lets see

>Magna Carta - England
>Early Constitutional Monarchy - England
>Empire to start the end of the slave trade - England
>the start of the turn back from degeneracy aka Victorian Morals - England
>First country to provide suffrage for women - New Zealand

Not saying the Anglo record is clean, but we've certainly provided a far greater share per size, in the world when it comes to rights and freedoms
>>
ANGLOS = COCKROACHES
>>
>>380615
>using our language
>>
File: 1442770949031.png (2 MB, 1524x1279) Image search: [Google]
1442770949031.png
2 MB, 1524x1279
>>380624
The Eternal Anglo has poisoned this world. They outjewed the Jews themselves and created a dystopia where a person's worth is measured by the size of his bank account and virtue is measured by how cunning and shifty, how devious your financial stratagems can be. There's nothing to be done to fix it. The Eternal Anglo has created the "American Dream" and brainwashed everyone with the propaganda that the purpose of life is to have a big house, a good insurance, a nice dog, and a beautiful wife. No higher ideals, no higher goals - the Eternal Anglo thinks even the word "higher" is a dangerous, totalitarian word.
>>
>>380610
>Magna Carta - England
A document enshrining the power of the those with the proper bloodlines. The English conception of liberty.

>Early Constitutional Monarchy - England
You still don't have a constitutional monarchy. You have a limited monarch. Which was not invented by the English.

>Empire to start the end of the slave trade - England
This proudly puts the English next to the Soviets for putting an end to the DDR, the Japanese for puting an end to war in Asia, and the Germans, for putting an end to the Holocaust.

>Not saying the Anglo record is clean, but we've certainly provided a far greater share per size, in the world when it comes to rights and freedoms
The fact that you can say that and honestly believe that is why people hate you.
>>
>>380624
It's not your language anymore. Most browsers will autocorrect the misspellings that pass for your culture.
>>
File: Rhodesia2.jpg (560 KB, 732x2251) Image search: [Google]
Rhodesia2.jpg
560 KB, 732x2251
>>380582
Read up.

There'll be an SJW kek along shortly to say that this image is wrong with no further explanation, just a heads up.
>>
>>379730
I imagine anti-Jap sentiment would come from anons being tired of how much of the rest of 4chan kisses Japan's ass.
>>
>>380643
this image is wrong
>>
>>380627
>>380630
>>380635

Remind me when Britain was plagued with a nation wide filthy bloody revolution like all you other continentals? None of you have still provided me with a nation that is better, in terms of morality, advancements, and way of life. You simply can't.

Britain was ruling over a 1/4 of the world before Otto could even glue the pieces of the x# of German states together.

>Next to Germans ending zie holocaust

hahahahahaha
as if the "The Eternal Anglo" started the atlantic slave trade
>>
>>380668
Success breeds jealousy; from the moment a continental realizes they aren't fit to lick an anglo's shoes clean they'll start bitching constantly.
>>
what's the point of this thread

why not just say whatever you think isn't being said
>>
>>379876
Mexico
Many Chinese people, although not the government obviously
>>
>>379860
English culture is pretty interesting to non-Brits.
>>
>>380668
> Remind me when Britain was plagued with a nation wide filthy bloody revolution like all you other continentals?

We're overdue a nation wide filthy bloody revolution desu

Middle-Upper class compromise has just bred endemic corruption for hundreds of years.
>>
Im not anti Japanese but the fact weeablords blow their history up into some perfect masterrace OC donut Steel people pisses me off.
>>
>>381412
The working class are too busy watching light entertainment on TV to actually do anything.
>>
>>379730
>shitty inbred islanders

>ruined a lot of good countries and modern geopolitics

>both warcrime deniers

Wew
>>
>>379962
Native Taiwanese were savages though.
>>
>>381464
> Inbred

When will this meme end?

Small, densely populated areas are the antithesis of places where inbreeding happens.

Large, sparsely populated areas on the other hand...
>>
>>379962
>except it's reverse when I feel like it
whole rule is retarded t.b.h.f.a.m.
>>
>>379810
>Combination of being butthurt at the current global hegemony and not liking Britain for plunging Europe into a decade and a half of war (that they themselves stayed mostly out of) because they didn't like the leader of France.
What kind of mental gymnastics did you use to reach this conclusion?
>>
>>379873
>56%
>Not a majority
>>
>>379730
It's mostly anti-German and anti-Turk/Ottoman from what I can tell.
>>
>>381499
Both Japan and Britain were small, sparsely populated places pre-industrialization.
>>
>>379730
Hate to be that guy, but fear and jealousy is probably the foundation of the anglo/japonophobia. Even if some arguments are valid. British and Japanese history, British moreso, is definitely incredible, and both countries are amazing still today. Britain has had the largest part in shaping the world as we know it today and some people just can't handle that the sun hasn't really set on the British empire yet. Japonophobia probably stems from confusion and frustration over the fact that a non-white, exotic country with no cultural ties to the western, or Roman, world can be as successful as Japan truly is. Also butthurt Goreans and Chinks all over the place.
>>
>>381682
Fuck off back too /pol/

Fucking warcrime denier defence force
>>
>>381682
>t. chav on welfare

nobody hates you or fears you
we just see for what you are
without honor and loyalty to anything but shekels
>>
>>379730
Basically just jealousy that two nations that wronged so many people are relatively prosperous.

Same reason people rag on the Germans, USA etc.
>>
File: 1418657490753.jpg (322 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
1418657490753.jpg
322 KB, 531x471
>>381695
>>381696

Christ lads, give it a rest eh?
>>
>>379730
Insular jews
Anglo don't respect anything but money.
>>
GB would be nothing if they werent in a fucking island, thats why.

The romans, spaniards, french, and germans would have wipped them off
>>
File: gratton2.png (244 KB, 680x461) Image search: [Google]
gratton2.png
244 KB, 680x461
I am redpilled on anglos. I don't want them in my country (le Canada).

They are terrible.

I resent speaking in their """"""""""language"""""" on imageboards.
>>
>>381853
To be fair the Romans and the French (well, Normans) both launched successful invasions of the British Isles.

But you are right that living on an island has protected us from the utter insanity that is continental Europe, with it's religious wars, revolutions, and occasional megalomaniacal leaders.

>>381906
The British taking Canada was probably for the best, France never really established successful white colonies.
The place would probably still be teeming with natives if Britain hadn't taken up the task.
>>
>>380643
I don't know how much of that is bullshit or spin, but I really want to read about decolonisation now.

Thanks Betraeus
>>
>>381695
Always appropriating the last statement they lost an argument or got butthurt to.

/pol/chemy
>>
>>381983
When you look at the Roman and Norman invasions its hardly at ideal times. During the Roman invasion there was no forewarning and many civil disputes which divided the tribes. During the Norman invasion Harold had been embroiled in battles for the supremacy in the crown dispute, hard pressed by large scale Dane invasion in the north yet still lost only by knifes edge.

tl;dr Once Britain prepared for invasion it was never invaded again.
>>
>>379860
Not even a weaboo because I dislike Jaanese culture, but outside of some piracy that freebooters did, the invasion of Korea, and 1895-1945, Japan's military aggression was amongst themselves. They have a far better track record in keeping to themselves than steppe archers, the Roman Empire, Islamic civilization, and Western imperialism.

They went absolutely crazy in China, SE Asia, and the Pacific but you could also say the same for the Germans (started 2 world wars) or the Russians in Eastern and Southeastern Europe during WW2.
>>
Japanese were based desu senpai

According to Nihonjinron, Japan is the only country with four seasons

The rest of you non-Jap savages can get fucked, you will never appreciate the beauty of having four real seasons
>>
>>380643
>most prosperous African country
True. Mugabe ruined the "breadbasket of Africa".
>well on it's way to an egalitarian society in which educated whites and blacks shared in the role of government
Lol no. Hence the civil war.

Rhodesia may have been much better off with it's apartheid style government than without. But don't claim it was egalitarian.
>>
>>381515
Not the anon you were speaking with but it's basic history. Look up the deaths of the British versus death of Russian soldiers per population. The British didn't put in either weapons or soldiers. Just the "intelligence" which is what British people say to pat themselves on the back for winning the war by being allied with the right people.

People don't like the British for their sense of superiority and not wanting to be part of the Eu a d getting in only when they realised they needed the Eu and with special conditions.

Being on an island makes people think they are separated not only physically but in every other way.
Us continental always looked up to the British, it was the British who snubbed us. We're only reacting.
>>
>>379730
>countries like France that are considered god tier here. Why

Because France is god-tier, obviously
>>
>>382447
I wasn't contesting that they mostly stayed out of whatever war you were talking about

I was contesting the fact that Britain "plunged Europe" into it
>>
>>382536
Not him
What we don't like (I mean it's History now I for one don't give a shit) is that they didn't exactly stayed out of continental wars
Which is normal to protect their interests but they often did it by financing other people to fight for them, countless coalitions.
Which is also only logical for them but for the rest of Europe there was this feeling as if it wasn't honorable, meddling with the continent without even being present themselves
>>
>>382556
But coalitions require other members

So obviously they must have agreed to join every time
>>
>>382642
Yeah but you can be in a coalition and "only" finance the other members.
>>
>>382677
What's your point? That's a valid contribution to a coalition.
>>
>>382701
My point is here >>382556
You or another another were wondering why the Brits are sometimes looked down, that's one reason. I'm not saying it's not a valid contribution, I'm saying the "let's finance the war and say we won it ourselves" happened a lot
>>
>>382706
Yes I know. That's a post that replied to a post of mine, and I replied to it.

You still haven't told me how Britain plunged Europe into this war you're talking about, you're just rambling about coalitions.
>>
>>380643
Disclaimer:I like Rhodesian history and I agree that it was the best nation in Africa
It was not egalitarian, it did have apartheid type systems like south africa
It was incredibly inequal
>>
>Anti-Anglo
Because we're mostly from Anglo sphere, therefore we are our own critic.

>Anti-Japanese
Because this is a site based around Japanese culture and this board is merely one of the smaller offshoot within the site.

In conclusion, we know more and understand more about Anglo/Japanese sphere, therefore more vocal criticism. Also doesn't help that we have tons of retarded people making claims about anglo/japanese culture/history/grandoise.
>>
File: 1385788776013.png (747 KB, 1020x746) Image search: [Google]
1385788776013.png
747 KB, 1020x746
>>381695
We don't deny our war crimes, we justify them with our unparalleled contribution to every field imaginable. Modern life as you know it would be unrecognisable without British technological developments and our glorious empire, while at times bloody, helped diffuse these immense contributions. Our empire also spread free trade to an unprecedented degree, leading to the international exchange of ideas and goods that we see today.

To pretend England became rich by exploiting other nations is ludicrous. We were rich due to our comparative advantage in manufacturing first and foremost and we did amplify this by subjugating inferior civilisations but ultimately this proved mutually beneficial. Look at Africa, the most heavily colonised countries are now the most developed. Ethiopia was an independent kingdom for all but decades and yet currently wallows in relative squalor compared to countries such as Nigeria and South Africa.

You should learn to be more grateful pleb.
>>
Japanese are the nobility and natural rulers of Asia. It is a tragedy that their culture was destroyed in the past century.
>>
>>379730
>anti-Japanese
fear of weeaboo

>anti-Anglo
because they are perfidious
>>
>>379730
>anti-japanese
cause fuck weebos
also they did alot of shady shit during ww2 but then again so did most countries

>anti-anglo
thats literally all the /pol/tards thinking they are clever because they found the "real jews"
>>
>>379730
Because history was written by Britain in their own favor and we are on a weeab website folded over 1000 times. Truth will sound anti-anglo and anti-Nipponese in this context.
>>
>>380668
>Remind me when Britain was plagued with a nation wide filthy bloody revolution like all you other continentals?

:^)
>>
No body has still answered the question of, who has contributed more to the moral growth, prosperity, technology, and health of the world today, than Britain.
>>
Rhodesia history in two minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyJFRTJgPbU&index=24
>>
>>384400
Germany.
>>
>>380630
It was the Portuguese who started the Atlantic Slave Trade you fucking Anglophobe.
>>
>>380615
Let me fix that for you

INDIANS = DESIGNATED
>>
>>381682
>The UK
>Still great

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Have you ever been here you fucking moron? Britain is the BIGGEST shithole excuse for a "nation" on the face of Europe. It's less of country and more of an unstable union of 3 different nationalities, run by the rich, believing it's still relevant in World Affairs rather than settling down and being contempt.
>>
>>381853
So? America would've never won a war against one of the biggest powers in the world if it wasn't for the vastness of the Atlantic Ocean and the good defensive terrain they had. Part of a nation surviving is using the terrain as an advantage. You don't play fair and let your enemy on to your less populated island when you have a smaller army and shit defensive terrain. Idiot.
>>
>>384754
>dat esl
kek, stay mad
>>
>>384400
The US.
>>
>anti anglo

You guys are a little too full of yourselves, and I think some people are tired of you talking about muh empire.

>anti japanese

90% of jap history discussion here is about WWII or the japanese empire. So its kinda obvious people are going to shit on them.

[spoiler] also France is a god tier country [spoiler]
>>
>>384520
This is some /pol/-tier revisionism
>>
>>379730
Every island has bred piece of shit assholes
>>
>>379852
It is like an island of an island (australia) and thus a double negative
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.