[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/ thoughts on Theodore Roosevelt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: roosevelt.jpg (13 KB, 210x210) Image search: [Google]
roosevelt.jpg
13 KB, 210x210
>give speech
>some moron shoots me
>finish speech
>'murica

what are /his/ thoughts on him? Solid president in my opinion. Did some cool shit.
>>
meme-tier
favourite president of le modern gentlemen's blogger
>>
Seemed like a legit guy. Yellowstone exists because of him and he made Latin America butthurt.
>>
>>379719
Not only Yellowstone
The grand canyon park too

And pretty much every other national park
>>
A genuinely great man and one of our finest presidents.

I fucking love TR. He lived probably the most interesting life of any president, with the possible exception of Obama. He was a bookish intellectual, sickly and frail as a child, who seemed to become this muscle-bound man of action by sheer force of will. He was both a lover of exercise and a lover of books. He could expertly manipulate people, but when that failed he had no qualms about blowing them the fuck out.

GOAT president. One of the greats. It's a fucking shame he died when he did, he could probably have won the 1920 election.
>>
While I hate the man for much of what he stood for, I am glad that he was able to initiate the creation of many conservation areas across the United States. It's a shame that he probably saw the wilderness as nothing more than a meat corral or trophy depository.
>>
Interesting figure who did some good things. A little bit of a romantic for my measure but a solid president.
>>
>>379719
>Latin America butthurt.
What did he do?
>>
>>379691
Isn't it true that he was the first one to mount guns on automobiles? Something about chasing down some Mexican gang or something?
>>
not as good as cousin frankie
>>
I don't think any president could beat him on a 1 on 1
>>
>>380474
Not even Jackson?
>>
>>379691
He had some rough times: for those of you who do not know, this is his journal entry when his wife AND mother died on the same day

He did a lot for this country. Everyone already mentioned the formation of National Parks - which was pretty radical. He also won the Nobel Peace Prize: successfully cooling down a hot-headed Prussia and eager-to-reclaim-glory France.
>>380438
different anon but here:http://millercenter.org/president/biography/roosevelt-foreign-affairs
read this over and bask in the glory
>>
>>380474
Lincoln easily could.
>>
I love him for being progressive while having what we consider conservative values.
>Workers have rights to decent working conditions
>The environment is a treasure we should protect
>Conflict can be avoided with diplomacy and compromise
>The presidents job should be bullying people into bettering the country
on the one hand and
>This is our hemisphere motherfucker
>Military fuck year
>Maaan, why don't we have any colonies too?
>>
>>380532
Lincoln? Teddy was captain of his boxing and wrestling team as well as being much stockier than Lincoln. Pure height is overrated.
>>
>>380511
Maybe if Teddy was defending Indians or something.
>>
File: 1863 - Abe Lincoln.jpg (949 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1863 - Abe Lincoln.jpg
949 KB, 1680x1050
>>380544
checked, but the guy was known for throwing heavy stones over great distances. different anon
>>
File: 1352938335456.jpg (326 KB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
1352938335456.jpg
326 KB, 1919x1079
>>379691

I like him. He basically put America on the course to being a super power, and then THE super power. Im not going to be one of those assholes who curses the tree but loves the fruit and shit all over him because "bawww war is bad." Meanwhile like every president starts wars, at least Teddy had the balls to actually go fight in the one he started.

The guy was playing the game of his time and he played it well, so fuck off with your 2015 progressive ideas of why hes a piece of shit. He also did more for the working class than any limousine liberal or bitchy upper middle class college cunt ever did or will do.
>>
>>379691
America is a much greener place thanks to him.
>>
File: 1446650703863.jpg (3 MB, 1703x2600) Image search: [Google]
1446650703863.jpg
3 MB, 1703x2600
>>379691
A meme president; but in a good way like Andrew Jackson.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.