[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If there were not schism over the dual nature of Christ, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 8.jpg (79 KB, 474x711) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
79 KB, 474x711
If there were not schism over the dual nature of Christ, and Islam never happened but rather Christianity maintained dominance in the Middle East, would Europe and the Middle East have wound up with a common identity? Perhaps even racially? I know it took a while for Catholics and Orthodox to be accepted as white by Protestants, but perhaps if they were, then the Middle East would have been too provided the conditions mentioned at the beginning of this post were in effect?
>>
it looks like he's chowing down on her hair pie

i have nothing else to contribute.
>>
Stop applying an American perspective on world history.
>>
If Islam never happened some other cult with similar beliefs would have replaced it. Religions are a result of their environment.

The early Christians, Gnostics, and Mithrists all had similar ideas. If the Christian cult failed than the Mithra cult would have taken it's place or the Gnostic one. The same would be true in the middle east, Muhammad was the strongest warlord so his religion won, if he died the second strongest warlord would take over and have a similar religion.

Historical "what if's are kind of retarded anyway"
>>
>>378995
This sounds like nonsense. Why would a religion other than Christianity had to become dominant at that particular time?
>>
File: ngrkz3d3fO1szad63.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ngrkz3d3fO1szad63.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
>>378846

>would Europe and the Middle East have wound up with a common identity? Perhaps even racially?

This is my dream

Fug you Mohammad
>>
>>378846
Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox Europe ended up with different identities instead of a single common one. Whatever pretense to unity and brotherhood they might have shared every now and then was periodically washed away by a lot of blood and spite.

So, no.
>>
>>379096
>Amerifats attack two of the most populated areas in the Middle East
>Spend a century doing the dumbest things in the world

"Sounds of blubbering"
WHY DO DIS HAPPENED!!!

It's not Muhammeds fault you've had shitty presidents since FDR
>>
>>379135
They share a pretty common identity today.
>>
>>379170

I'll concede that the West and Middle East would probably be closer if we had encouraged Arab nationalism, but as long as the ME is Muslim, it's culture is going to be too different to be assimilated into the West
>>
>>379187
The European Union is not an identity
>>
No, for the sheer reason of distance. This, too, may likely fracture the ability for the people of the two continents to work together, but would most likely result in lots of petty wars between "kingdoms".
>>
>>379222
There might have been petty wars, but I think the Western identity goes beyond that.
>>
>>379188
>Can't assimilate

Then that speaks to failures on its part.
>>
>>379096
>>379170
whew,

what a BTFO
>>
>>378846
Basically until the 60s some parts of Egypt and Lebanon were pretty cosmopolitan.

I mean, there were Greeks, French, British, Jews, Copts and Muslims in Egypt. Now only the last two remain.
>>
What would a Manichean world be like?
>>
>>378846
>Catholics and Orthodox to be accepted as white by Protestants
Lolwut?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.