[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Rome fell because of Christian subversion https://theend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Rome03.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1346) Image search: [Google]
Rome03.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1346
The Rome fell because of Christian subversion
https://theendofzion.com/a-real-case-against-the-jews-marcus-eli-ravage/
>>
File: Roman Degenerates.jpg (3 MB, 1248x5557) Image search: [Google]
Roman Degenerates.jpg
3 MB, 1248x5557
>>
Christianity was a unifying political force that helped Constantine the great preserve the Empire and became a fundamental institution of the Eastern Roman Empire, holding it together during the Islamic invasions.
>>
>>525738
You are dead wrong,

While Constantine tried to use Christianity as a unifying force, the Christians did not acted according to his wish.

For example the Arian Heresy, We know Constantine was frustrated that Christendom was not united. He scolded that Orthodox agreed %99.9 with Arians and they were fighting on trivial matter. They should settle it out and have one unifying Church.It didn't worked that way, rather than settling it down Arius was condemned and Church was divided. One of the many divisions (and even before that you had Donatism)

Church was never ever united, after Constantine you had Chalcedonian,Nestorian,Monophysite controversies which further divided the church. Emperors tried to follow different policies, some tried to persecute them and force them to accept Chalcedonian Orthodoxy this only provoked the other non chalcedonian Christians. Others tried to reconcile with them, but this only pissed off chalcedonian Christians (Pope in Rome esspecially). So it was a damned if you do damned if you don't situation

and due to this Islamic invasions encountered little resistance. Imagine you are a copitc christian:
-Imperial authority which forces you to bow down to Chalcedonian Christianity (i.e. Heresy according your belief)
-Some arab raiders who just leave you be and only tax you.

I'm not saying copts welcomed arabs as their religious liberators. But it was a nice change from having Chalcedonian Christianity showed down your throat.
>>
>>525683
How come that disproves OP's statement? If anything Rome was strongest when it was degenerate. Also how come you assume Christian Empire was not degenerate? When there are many written accounts about it.

You should read your Chrysostom.
>>
File: WE WUZ PRINCEPS AND SHEEEEIIIT.jpg (68 KB, 375x600) Image search: [Google]
WE WUZ PRINCEPS AND SHEEEEIIIT.jpg
68 KB, 375x600
we wuz augustus and sheeeeiiiit
we had marble cities and lead spaceships and wuz on the verge of industrialization before you white german arian nazis came
>>
>>525683

Is any of this real or am i being taken for a ruse cruise
>>
>>525681
>The Rome
It fell because of its reliance on Germanic mercenaries, a succession of bad Emperors, civil strife, famine, and a number of other factors.
>>
File: shakespeare-play[1].jpg (85 KB, 759x422) Image search: [Google]
shakespeare-play[1].jpg
85 KB, 759x422
>>526402
>the blacks aren't allowed to play make believe
does this #trigger you also?
>>
>The Rome
>>
>>526436
sorry, i'm not native english speaker.
>>
>>525681
Ok Gibbon
>>
>>525681
>Uh oh, I have no source to make my claims!
>I know! I'll use this obscure writing that has no sources itself to justify what I've said!
>It was published back in the day! That makes it a reliable source, right?
>>
On a serious note, it was a mixture of everything, right?

I personally don't even think it "fell" per se, I think it rather just morphed over time. That being said, I think Christianity probably played a part, but the invasions etc were a huge factor. Not claiming to be an expert; someone educate me.
>>
>>526427
Not him, but I'd certainly be pissed off if they make a play of Othello, without a moor/black actor as Othello, since his background plays a quintessential role within the play.

It'd be like painting Julius Caesar as a spoilled rich boy who was born with a silver spoon, instead of a guy that came from a good family that went to shit.
>>
>>527134
I hear there's going to be a controversial staging of Othello where Othello is played by a black guy and desdomona is actually a woman played by a boy
>>
File: 1420877977302.jpg (7 KB, 255x220) Image search: [Google]
1420877977302.jpg
7 KB, 255x220
>>525738
I don't know how people on this board can unironically type out bullshit like this.
>>
>>526402
Shakespeare plays are generally accepted as fantastical stories rather than remotely accurate history. It's really not uncommon to see non-whites acting in them these days.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.