[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
molotov ribbentrop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
what went wrong
>>
it existed
>>
>>378507
why are 'strategy' maps like that so fucking annoying

I can't put a finger on it but something about them is just wrong
>>
File: fische.png (104 KB, 383x365) Image search: [Google]
fische.png
104 KB, 383x365
i heard somebody say "strategy maps" in this thread?
>>
nothing went wrong
the pact served its purpose
>>
>>378620
my point is that the ideal thing to have happened was the USSR and Germany not to kill each other over polend and in fact maybe even ally each other (stalin's communism was closer to hitler's fascism than to western liberal capitalism)
>>
>>378717
that is ideal only in your head however
the germans and their ideology were firmly set on an eastwards expansion
>>
>>378717
also they were not killing each other over poland
>>
>>378507
Hitler broke it instead of building a massive chokepoint to contain the reds
>>
>>378717

>my point is that the ideal thing to have happened was the USSR and Germany not to kill each other over polend and in fact maybe even ally each other

That wasn't the ideal for either party. Hitler wanted expansion, and Stalin just wanted to buy some time.

>stalin's communism was closer to hitler's fascism than to western liberal capitalism

Despite the authoritarian nature of both regimes there were key differences. The Soviets were explicitly against the private ownership of production and Germany racial nationalism.
>>
Hitler happened to be retarded
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.